• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
I'll probably watch it just because I'm impatient lol, but at least I get to chose wether or not I want to get "spoiled"

Fair enough. I do think it is a super interesting question of how to discuss things on the internet with spoilers in mind. Specially on an enthusiast forum of people seeking information.

I feel like there should be a spoiler forum where anything goes. No spoiler tags ever, everyone going full tilt any thread any subject any time lol.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Fair enough. I do think it is a super interesting question of how to discuss things on the internet with spoilers in mind. Specially on an enthusiast forum of people seeking information.

I feel like there should be a spoiler forum where anything goes. No spoiler tags ever, everyone going full tilt any thread any subject any time lol.

Only if I get an option to have every thread on this site bleeped out until I go in and start reading!

Hate it when OPs spoil what the discussion is going to be about by putting a thread title.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (3 days): Antagonizing members, causing thread derailment.
oh my goooooooood I was spoiled about my video game advertising by this thread titled that something leaked about the very thing I wanted to see later today

aaaahhhhh the abject hooooorrrrrooooorrrrr.

Even if the thread title was more in your face previously this is still ridiculous.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
anyone who posts something snarky in here without realizing the title was changed after the fact should get an embarrassing tag

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
Only if I get an option to have every thread on this site bleeped out until I go in and start reading!

Hate it when OPs spoil what the discussion is going to be about by putting a thread title.
I know you're trying (and not succeeding) to be funny, but it's actually very easy to make an informative topic title without spoiling things. If you look on this forum you'll even see topics that have spoiler warnings in the title, yet you know what the topic is about.

Rappy

Oct 28, 2017
JFC lock this thread and start a new one. People are trolling being like "event spoilers are a thing now?" They've been a thing for years now. This is literally your first leak for an event within 24 hours if you've never seen these complaints. Your comments making fun of people acting spoiled are not new and are active derailment. There are more people complaining about the complainers at this point. Saying this as someone who clicked the thread after the title change.

I can't believe they're reporting on commericials. It really is weird to have these takes when you make money from reporting on these things like this (albeit sometimes not necessarily directly). It's obvious why companies have these events without revealing their years of potential plans like the Capcom data breach did. The surprise give people excitement and "hype". Is that probably manipulative marketing? Sure, but it still gives people momentary joy over such things. Some people probably never buy a game in any of these shows but still enjoy the event. Otherwise, they should just be giving their spreadsheets of plans for the next few years, which I'm sure some people would also enjoy but they don't do that for obvious reasons.

Last edited:

Vylder

Oct 25, 2017

It's hard to draw a line on what to consider being a spoiler or not.

Like, having a rating for a game such as Castlevania Advance Collection "could" be considered as a spoiler for some people but it seems like no one really cared since it's not exactly a big announcement? I don't know.

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
I understand why people feel disappointment at getting announcements early.

It also in no way alters my behavior of what I do with information.

Zeal543

Next Level Seer
May 15, 2020
gonna be a bummer for me if kirby is the big reveal. At least B3 is alive

Biske

Nov 11, 2017

Like, having a rating for a game such as Castlevania Advance Collection "could" be considered as a spoiler for some people but it seems like no one really cared since it's not exactly a big announcement? I don't know.
Apparently Castlevania fans are on the absolute lowest tier. And or we truly expect absolutely nothing from Konami

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
This "spoiler" actually made me interested in watching this event. I didn't care very much before this thread.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
This "spoiler" actually made me interested in watching this event. I didn't care very much before this thread.
Kinda the same honestly. I was kinda looking forward to it, but I didn't really expect much from it and so wasn't you know, particularly excited.
Now I'm very much like "SHOW ME THE KIRBY."

DiceyRobot

Oct 26, 2017
As someone who actively looks for leaks because I couldn't care less about being spoiled about Directs, I'm still pretty disappointed by the lack of empathy for your fellow posters here who do get enjoyment out of the event.

I mean, even if you think it's stupid, why does there need to be almost antagonistic trolling and demeaning of those who care about it? Just try to be good to your fellow people and afford them the respect you'd like for your own hobbies others might deem "silly".

Deleted member 5189

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
s Kirby even going to be shown in the direct that's focused on Winter games?

春 is spring.

They are doing this always. They say they will focus on games releasing soon but they will show 1-2 games that are further away.

I think they even had some Wii U games in a 3DS focused direct, or it was 3DS games in a Wii U focused one. ^^

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
i am not mentally prepared for the enigma that is kirby before 3PM pacific/6PM eastern, nintendo should have been more considerate of my needs

how the fuck does kirby work? it it a black hole surrounded by flesh? how does he not suck himself in? it is too early in the day to consider this (i.e. i am not drunk yet)

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017

I think old things also just generally produce less energy than new things

it's more of an "oh good, finally" announcement

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
As someone who actively looks for leaks because I couldn't care less about being spoiled about Directs, I'm still pretty disappointed by the lack of empathy for your fellow posters here who do get enjoyment out of the event.

I mean, even if you think it's stupid, why does there need to be almost antagonistic trolling and demeaning of those who care about it? Just try to be good to your fellow people and afford them the respect you'd like for your own hobbies others might deem "silly".

At some point the song and dance must end. The very nature of the internet means that speech will spread regardless of whether or not you want it to or not. If the direct was truly that important to you then you shouldn't be on a video game fourm hours before it's reveal. I can understand getting angry a few months out but this right here is primo time for leaks and spoilers.

Deleted member 56266

Account closed at user request
Banned
Apr 25, 2019
It's not like the entire direct got leaked. If something like that happened I bet even the people saying "it's just an ad" would be like ok this sucks but it's just a singular game on a site

scare_crow

Oct 28, 2017
Well you're on a forum dedicated to toys, so people here are kind of passionate about that kind of thing. Really easy to understand, especially if you are a member here.
Passion should come with a grain of restraint.

Knowing what commercials you're going to see before you see them isn't a "spoiler" and if someone is THAT concerned with it being a "spoiler" then it's on them to take the necessary precautions to avoid them.

In any case, we just disagree, but I hope you enjoy the Direct. Have a good one.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
If all the games that are set to release in 2022, inclusing this list, all hit next year.
It will be the greatest year in gaming ever.

DiceyRobot

Oct 26, 2017
At some point the song and dance must end. The very nature of the internet means that speech will spread regardless of whether or not you want it to or not. If the direct was truly that important to you then you shouldn't be on a video game fourm hours before it's reveal. I can understand getting angry a few months out but this right here is primo time for leaks and spoilers.
Agreed, if people really want to remain spoiler-free, take the bullet and stay offline instead of putting the responsibility on others not to spoil it for you.

My main point was that there seems to be quite a bit of mocking and antagonistic tone toward those who got burned by this (see all the boohoo your marketing event got spoiled comments). I mean, regardless of what you think about it, you have a choice to be empathetic of what happened or you can be a jerk. Some people chose the latter and it's kinda disappointing to me given we're all part of an easily-mockable hobby area.

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
I had no idea the Nintendo Direct was considered a plot that could be somehow spoiled, yet here we are lol

me neither haha, but I do understand why for most people, they want to go all in without any surprises. I've done that for some Sony conferences in the past back when they had E3's.