• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

m4st4

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The people in here are neither of those thing lol

Commercials are not spoilers lol

How many lols will legitimize the lie.
If commercials leak before they are meant to be shown to public for maximum effect - they are both spoilers and someone's work is a little bit messed up.

People are complaining precisely because they feel it's spoilers. But feel free to 'lol' some more because you don't think the same.

Machine Law

Oct 26, 2017
I'm mildly annoyed at spoilers, but they aren't like, day ruining like for some people.

However, I at least understand the sentiment from others. I get that this is a marketing event, it's easy to be cynical about it being a big multi-million dollar company pretending to be your friend selling you products for 40 minutes straight. But honestly, it's just kind of fun to have a communal event to be excited and speculate over with buddies. I watch it with friends, the hype up to it is exciting, it's just nice having something in my hobby to look forward to. The people who look down on or laugh at people who take a "marketing event" too seriously feel like they're coming from a weird high horse, like they're above excitement for the things they enjoy or something.

These things do have some sort of meaning to people, even if at the end of the day they're made to make money for a company. It's weird that it always has to be this black and white situation where you can't apply nuance to the understanding that you can be excited while acknowledging it's also a corporate marketing ploy at the same time.

This post should be stickied. It's fun to go into these events without knowing what to expect.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
User Banned (1 Day): Trolling
If commercials leak before they are meant to be shown to public for maximum effect - they are both spoilers and someone's work is a little bit messed up.

People are complaining precisely because they feel it's spoilers. But feel free to 'lol' some more because you don't think the same.
LOL

Touchdown

Oct 25, 2017
NEW KIRBY YEEEESSSSS!!!! NINTENDO IS FEEDING US TONIGHT.

pw0z5kdf

Vidiot

Oct 27, 2017
So there is going to be a new BotW2 trailer? That's the opening from the last E3 one so I don't want to get my hopes up if that's just some old trailer there.

Mocha Joe

Jun 2, 2021

…what?

Trevelyan

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
4 years since Star Allies is a lot of time in the Kirby realm, as most titles have had 2 years gaps between. I think this will be full 3D.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo's making a new Kirby game? I, for one, am shocked and never would have expected it in a million years with how few games they put out for the series.

Squirrel09

Nov 4, 2017
This post should be stickied. It's fun to go into these events without knowing what to expect.
In my opinion, leaks should be expected before major events. If you're trying to go in with as little knowledge as possible it's best to stay off websites were those leaks are shared (Resetera, twitter, /r/gamingleaksandrumors, etc.).

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
3D Kirby fits right in with switch bringing the most wanted heat that people have been asking for forever, just do it and get it over with

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Also yeah, Kirby is my favorite IP so of course I'm happy to see the little blob back and releasing soon :)

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder what power Kirby will gain when he inhales a undetonated warhead?

CarterTax

Oct 25, 2017
The term 'spoiler' has lost all meaning.

The plot is completely lost.

The weird deification of these marketing events will never cease to amaze me.

HighFive

Oct 25, 2017
Lol at people whinning about the thread not being marked at spoiler. Its freakin listed LEAKED in the title, do you expect no information by clicking on this thread? 😂. A closed door marked DANGER on it, will you open it to see what kind of dangers await? 😂

JoeInky

Oct 25, 2017

But also you don't really know anything about what this game is, all you really know is that it will be there. Knowing the existence of something shouldn't really ruin the experience of actually seeing it when it's done well.

Honestly these events would be a lot better if they just straight up said what will be there in 99% of cases, it might lead to less highs where they rely more on shock rather than a good showing but at the same time there'd be a lot less "wait, that was it, what the fuck?" at the end of these things when they suck.

Hell, something like this could actually make some people more likely to watch the event.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
Lol at people whinning about the thread not being marked at spoiler. Its freakin listed LEAKED in the title, do you expect no information by clicking on this thread? 😂. A closed door marked DANGER on it, will you open it to see what kind of dangers await? 😂
Just want to give a quick shout-out to the staff. Let me know if you need more Advil or booze.

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
The thread was retitled, when it was first posted it was just blatently what the games were in the title.

Deleted member 81119

User-requested account closure
Banned
Sep 19, 2020
The thread title changed because I (and I'm sure others) reported it. It used to just give all the information out in the title.