• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sid

Banned
Mar 28, 2018
So the 3 main questions which are left unanswered in the game:-

-How did Kratos travel to Midgard?
-How did Faye die?
-Why are all the giants in Jotunheim dead?

OP
OP
Phendrift

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Is it possible that Faye is the giantess Groa? I can't remember everything about the legend but it could explain how she died and the game seems to reference Groa and there was an entire "lost pages" dedicated to her. Yet she's not in the game unless it's a sidequest I haven't done

Also, what happens if you return to Freya's house in the post game? Is it just empty?

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Is it possible that Faye is the giantess Groa? I can't remember everything about the legend but it could explain how she died and the game seems to reference Groa and there was an entire "lost pages" dedicated to her. Yet she's not in the game unless it's a sidequest I haven't done

Also, what happens if you return to Freya's house in the post game? Is it just empty?
Her name is Luafeye and the is loki's mom. In Norse Myth Loki's dads name is more of a descriptor than anything else and It means strength so they subbed Kratos to be Loki's dad.

black070

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
80RD6I8h.jpg

Dark_Chris

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Czech republic
Yeah no.

She's inside, but you cannot enter.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Fuck, this ending was crazy! So many loose ends that need to be tied. The questions mentioned in 2952 for sure. Plus the Loki cliffhanger, Freya wanting to hunt down Kratos's ass, Athena still is out in the wild somewhere, and we haven't even seen Thor or Odin.

This will definitely become a new trilogy, but I hope in the end Kratos doesn't really die like they were alluding to.

OP
OP
Phendrift

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck, this ending was crazy! So many loose ends that need to be tied. The questions mentioned in 2952 for sure. Plus the Loki cliffhanger, Freya wanting to hunt down Kratos's ass, Athena still is out in the wild somewhere, and we haven't even seen Thor or Odin.

This will definitely become a new trilogy, but I hope in the end Kratos doesn't really die like they were alluding to.
I thought Athena was just in Kratos' head.

Also, you should go back to the house if you haven't yet...

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
The way the game ended there is no way a dlc can cover it all.

It isn't that it needs to cover it all, but rather a part of it to keep the story going. Kind of like the episodes in FFXV. We don't need everything to be wrapped up, but you can tell part of the story that can continue to generate interest. Of course, whether if they do this or we see the next game in several years; either/or is fine by me since I'm getting my mileage right now with what we got.

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
I thought Athena was just in Kratos' head.

Also, you should go back to the house if you haven't yet...

No Athena is still around. Zeus is dead and gone but Athena never truly died because she is in some ethereal form now and she found Kratos again after he touched the Blades of Chaos. She can do some fuckery in the series going forward.

To me Athena was always weird in that she seemed to care for Kratos but always used him for her own ends and never gave him things to satisfy him. I always wondered If Athena had feeling for Kratos and wanted to manipulate things for the two of them but she went sideways when she jumped and got herself killed in God of War 2.

Magoo

Oct 28, 2017
UK
The horn sound is when you're taking the son up on the lift to get him help. You and the head mention it.

But it doesn't get referenced anymore after that.

The Shape

Nov 7, 2017
Brazil
I don't think how he got to Scandinavia is any mystery at all. Cory said in an interview that Kratos wandered the earth alone for an unspecified amount of time until he settled there. It's the same planet. Midgard is just how they called Earth. It's actually 2500km away from Greece, give or take a few.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
No that Is marvel messing with Norse Myth that made you think that. Loki has never been related to Thor or Odin and always been his own god. He leads the charge to destroy the Aesir with his kids in Ragnorok.
to be fair they didn't make them actual blood related siblings, the change was having Odin adopt Loki. I don't know where the twins misunderstanding thing came from but it wasn't Marvel

OP
OP
Phendrift

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
The horn sound is when you're taking the son up on the lift to get him help. You and the head mention it.

But it doesn't get referenced anymore after that.
Oh yeah, ok I remember that now. Definitely odd...

Didn't seem like a big enough deal to matter later in the series, but odd that it wasn't elaborated upon

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
When it was revealed that Tyr had traveled the lands and encountered other pantheons, did anyone else think maybe we were going to encounter a Greek monster is his vault? Like a minotaur or gorgon or something like that

Wait, if the secret ending is set years later - why does Atreus look exactly the same ?
Atreus says he had a dream when they wake up afterwards

BGA

Oct 26, 2017
My speculation is Tyr brought Kratos to the Norse Realm. He's pretty clearly building something and Kratos has a role.
I was not thinking that, but I think you are right. Tyr likely saw Kratos killed all of the Gods in his realm and wanted to bring Kratos to his realm and go after Odin, whom Tyr really hates. Tyr is likely starting a resistance against Odin and his companions with Kratos, Loki, Tyr, World Serpent and Giants. I know the Giants are shown to be dead at the end, but I think some might be secretly alive in another realm.

Noob

Oct 25, 2017
So I see some huge dragon tied up... Do I go kill the dragon or do I go free the dragon?

Also, do you people upgrade armors through out the game? Or do you guys wait til the very end and then upgrade a better armor?

Wolf of Yharnam

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished the game and I absolutely loved it. But there's one thing that's a bit of a missed opportunity imo. I'm a bit sad that we only get to meet Balder, Freya, Magni and Modi of the Gods (and Thor for like one second). And that we never see Odin at all. I get why they chose to start the series with this story, but man, I was so hyped to fight Thor or Odin.

Now I have to wait a long time to get the chance to fight these guys, which makes me a bit sad :( Balder is cool and all, but a Thor fight would have blown me away

But for the story they told, I understand the choice to keep the number of villains low

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished the game and I absolutely loved it. But there's one thing that's a bit of a missed opportunity imo. I'm a bit sad that we only get to meet Balder, Freya, Magni and Modi of the Gods (and Thor for like one second). And that we never see Odin at all. I get why they chose to start the series with this story, but man, I was so hyped to fight Thor or Odin.

Now I have to wait a long time to get the chance to fight these guys, which makes me a bit sad :( Balder is cool and all, but a Thor fight would have blown me away

But for the story they told, I understand the choice to keep the number of villains low
Did you return home yet?