• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

The Shape

Nov 7, 2017
Brazil
HOLY MOTHERFUCKING SHIT

When Kratos and Loki go back to the house after finishing the game and they both go to sleep. I was NOT expecting that. Literally jumped out of my seat when Thor appeared.

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I don't care what people say. About a shitty honey moon period or the game isn't as good as DMC or Bayonetta.

The Blades of Chaos scene THE ENTIRE thing has elevated this to the game of fucking forever. It's so badass. Anyone else thinks it was balls out awesome?

The Shape

Nov 7, 2017
Brazil
I don't care what people say. About a shitty honey moon period or the game isn't as good as DMC or Bayonetta.

The Blades of Chaos scene THE ENTIRE thing has elevated this to the game of fucking forever. It's so badass. Anyone else thinks it was balls out awesome?

It was incredible. All and all this is my favorite game this generation and one of the best games I have ever played. The hype was tottaly justified.

Nov 3, 2017

I'd never played the old games and had it spoiled, but that entire time I was fucking giddy, I can't even begin to imagine how it was for longtime fans

Soundwind

Banned for suspected use of alt account
Apr 13, 2018
i been asking some people this, so i want to ask all of you guys

by the end of god of war, did you feel that Kratos resented his Spartan heritage and his past actions?

ManaByte

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
When he dug up the blades:
giphy.gif

Wahad

Oct 26, 2017
Valkyries, Dragons, Trials, Workshop, Favors? Collectables?

I put over 80h do finish everything... And I want more, so sad there's no NG+....

And yes, go sleep at the house

Nov 3, 2017
I just beat the main story, should I be in here? Is there more?

Go home

i been asking some people this, so i want to ask all of you guys

by the end of god of war, did you feel that Kratos resented his Spartan heritage and his past actions?

I don't think he resented his heritage so much as it reminded him of his past actions which he hates himself for and trying to bury it and shut himself off from everything didn't help, he learned (throughout the game) he just has to deal and live alongside who he was while trying to be a better person

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
I already beat the game, and never had an issue with anything. why am I now free roaming and getting literally one hit killed by enemies on the easiest difficulty possible? lol. They are like one level higher than me

CenturionNami

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I got Kratos's son real idenity spoiled from comments in a video :( Fuck. Is this a really late game, shocking twist, or is it revealed midgame?

Falcon511

Oct 27, 2017
So I just got the Blades of Chaos. I dont want to be too spoiled but do we ever find out how Norse mythology came to be? Or how Kratos came to Mid guard?

Jan 2, 2018
I have to say,I did NOT see Atreus's identity reveal coming. If the sequels will embrace his abilities of deception and maybe shape shifiting this could lead to some very,very interesting possibilities. Kratos is the brute force and Loki is the brain.

Deleted member 2229

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
I have to say,I did NOT see Atreus's identity reveal coming. If the sequels will embrace his abilities of deception and maybe shape shifiting this could lead to some very,very interesting possibilities. Kratos is the brute force and Loki is the brain.
I find it really funny that hes super interested in being able to turn into an animal and its played off as a joke.

But thats actually one of Loki's abilities.

JoJo'sDentCo

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Just got the real final credits. This game is a 10/10. The hype is real.

Also, blades of chaos reveal was jaw dropping.

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
They really threw me for a loop with the ending. I guess I didn't see it coming. My fault.(?)

I knew the ultimate goal was scattering the ashes, but there was so much being set up in the final 20 minutes I thought no way all of this is just sequel hype. Something else comes next. Then they gave me back control on top and i thought: "okay time to go get answers the game goes on" annnnnnd the credits start. Lol.

Game was amazing though. Getting back the Blades of Chaos was fucking amazing.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
So does Freya play a role in Ragnarok? We already know what she will do in the second game.

Tophat Jones make sure you go home, there is something waiting for you.

oriic

Prophet of Truth - Press
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Hungary
They really threw me for a loop with the ending. I guess I didn't see it coming. My fault.(?)

I knew the ultimate goal was scattering the ashes, but there was so much being set up in the final 20 minutes I thought no way all of this is just sequel hype. Something else comes next. Then they gave me back control on top and i thought: "okay time to go get answers the game goes on" annnnnnd the credits start. Lol.

Game was amazing though. Getting back the Blades of Chaos was fucking amazing.

"We have to go back" (To the house)

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Why are we so caught up with the house? It's still just more sequel hype. Unless something happens after these credits stop rolling.

Twiz

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
So was all the secrecy behind the game necessary? I'm sure they'd have more people looking forward to it had they talked about the blades of chaos. That said the reveal and retrieval was an emotional rollercoaster.

Uncle Sensei

Oct 25, 2017
Finished the game tonight. Absolutely incredible. After not being a fan of the old games, I feel like going back and giving them another shot

Sams

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished the game and wow. This game is amazing and is deserving of every accolade. So many scenes were so great, if not some of the best this generation. That ending teaser with Thor made me jump a little. Can't wait to go back for the platinum.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Thank god I read about going home in here. I was about to shut it off after I dumped the ashes lol. Thor hype.

Though I still wish I could've fought him in this game because I thought the boss fights were meh especially compared to 3. But I guess that's to be expected with the finale of the Greek trilogy.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
I just need a minute to complain about how awful Niflheim is, it's like a black spot on a fucking incredible game. Loved loved loved Muspelheim but my final Valkyrie is in Niflheim and I am almost ready to stop playing because I hate the place so much. It's just not very fun, I hate overly grindy things in games like this and I'm going to need some resistances to the Mist before I tackle the Valkyrie fight there.

Also on the topic of the 2 optional realms (Muspelheim and Niflheim) it's crazy how small both these realms are, maybe they got scaled back? I do love the combat trials in Muspelheim though. The don't get hit challenges took me the longest as I play very offensively.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Was really hoping the side quests realms would be as "fleshed" out as the storyline ones.

Instead of a...here's an ashy lava bridge for trials, and here's a fog bridge. Aflheim spoiled me.

ClintStevens

Oct 27, 2017
Story didn't really impress me at first. First seven chapters of the game Kratos is a grouchy old man who treats his son like his bitch and Atreus is a whiny puppy. Then the blade reveal happens and everything moves a mile a minute. Ending was absolutely incredible and gave me chills. I'm really curious about the end of the prophecy Kratos and Atreus see on the wall of themselves. Atreus says he trusts his mom and walks away from the last bit covered by the cloth, but then the wind blows and Kratos sees a picture of him and Atreus dying a violent death to what looked like a serpent? I don't think Kratos can die not when he's the main character lol. And isn't Loki the evil trickster god? It'll be interesting to see what happens in the sequel. It'll probably take another ten years to come out though lol. Time to wait I guess.

Scythe

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
About to read all of this thread since I finished the game a few minutes ago. First off...ATHENA WAS CREEPY. Wow. Her return at first in the boat gave me chills, but when she appeared at the house, I was getting some horror vibes for sure.

Rave_norris

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
I really wanted to use the mjolnir. Any chance we get it in the DLC?

Imagine using a hammer with the "feels" of this combat system.

Dark_Chris

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Czech republic
I bet we'll bet TLL style of expansion, but I sure as hell hope it will be a little side mission for Kratos and Loki and not some direct sequel thing-y. Keep Asgardians for sequel.

Scythe

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Rave_norris Same. If they do go that route. The axe itself was extremely satisfying to use.
Dark_Chris Is it weird to think we won't receive an expansion for this? I'm just unsure what they can add to this game that isn't already included and takes away from the sequel. Unless they already announced DLC plans?

Kyuga

Oct 27, 2017
Loki is supposed to be odin son so what if Atreus is odin son no ?
The mother kept a lot of secrets it seems...

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
Quick question: Do these get consumed automatically or do I have to do something? I'm confused

183bd22f-6689-41aa-aruqod.jpeg