• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Soundwind

Banned for suspected use of alt account
Apr 13, 2018
F0wzrXy.png

So what is happening here?
Kratos dying?

Atreus/Loki birthing the World Serpent out of his mouth?

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Hehe, when Cory said no cuts he really meant, I was like no credits? then boom, just as I started walking.

Brilliant.

Xypher

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I don't think that's anything they conciously did.
My take on that scene is that the wall is magical and it mapped out the events as it happened rather than future sight. And that the mom sent them on this journey as a bonding experience for the both of them.
If that was the case, wouldn't the Wall call Atreus by his real name instead of by the name his mother wanted him to be called when he was born?

Deleted member 2229

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
what are your thoughts on Mimir saying that the World Serpent said that Atreus looked familiar?
We know that because of its nature it wouldnt see time in the same way we do. Loki would become an important figure in this worlds future, the serpent has already seen or been to the future. Hes probably seen adult Loki, but he only looks familiar right now because Loki is still a child.

If that was the case, wouldn't the Wall call Atreus by his real name instead of by the name his mother wanted him to be called when he was born?

I would consider Loki to be his "true" name.

Jan 2, 2018
We know that because of its nature it wouldnt see time in the same way we do. Loki would become an important figure in this worlds future, the serpent has already seen or been to the future. Hes probably seen adult Loki, but he only looks familiar right now because Loki is still a child.
Plus,there's this teeny tiny little fact from the Norse myth that,well,Loki is his father..

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Man, I loved how fucking good the beards look in this game. they move in the wind and not just a texture like in god of war 2.

maxresdefault.jpg

Jan 2, 2018
Loki is the Serpent's father? How is that possible?
I'm not a Norse myth savvy by any means,but I think that the serpent wasn't always a serpent,at least in the myth-he was cursed and was human before. But maybe they will change his origin story,but because the serpent said Atreus looked familiar to him,I think they will still go with him being his father.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Man, I loved how fucking good the beards look in this game. they move in the wind and not just a texture like in god of war 2.

maxresdefault.jpg

In case you didn't 't notice, both Kratos and Zeus in helheim have the same GOW3 models and they didn't bother changing them, let alone use the advanced hair and beard system thy have now.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2229

Oct 25, 2017
Not just the fact that he's a snake, but he isn't supposed to exist if Loki is the father, on the other hand Mimir Mimir talked about the snake being sent back in time.
The whole thing with time is going to be the driving factor here if it is the case. And considering how they handled the story of Baldur vs Loki I wouldnt be surprised if they kept it.

But yeah a lot of weird shit goes on in norse mythology. Like Thor cross dressing and marrying someone else as a trick.

In case you ddin't notice, both Kratos and Zeus in helheim have the same GOW3 models and they didn't bother changing them, let alone use the advanced hair and beard system thy have now.

I actually really liked that.

Deleted member 2229

Oct 25, 2017
I would love to read a norse book but I read everything on wiki.
I bought Gaiman's "Norse Mythology" which seems to be a pretty good modern interpretation judging by reception. Ill probably grab sonething more traditional once I can find it. But Ive always had a thing for collecting physical media. Its nice to collect.

What became of tyr ?

Nobody knows yet. Will probably be a plot point in a sequel

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I haven't dabbled that much with side quests so there might be but I really wish there were more female characters in this game.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
I havent seen most of it in the game. There are some toxic areas you can access thanks to throwing your axe and freezing the gas, but other? I am not sure, i didnt finish the game on 100% and cant get to it until may. A lot of that got scrapped I would say.

I remember Cory saying in one fo the interviews that you need to chop a big tree to create a bridge though. But fellow pals here told me you don't even visit Vanaheim and those are the flora of Vanaheim so probably from it is in the game sadly. I asked you at that time if you visit Vanaheim or not.

nasirum

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere
Honestly kinda bummed that they give you Asgard and that other one (Vanaheim?) in the realm travel area but you never get to go to them. That's kinda gamey bullshit that I wasn't expecting out of this game.

Deleted member 2229

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly kinda bummed that they give you Asgard and that other one (Vanaheim?) in the realm travel area but you never get to go to them. That's kinda gamey bullshit that I wasn't expecting out of this game.

I feel ya

Also after getting into this book a bit, I have to say that making Atreus be Loki was pretty genius. It works so damn well.

Oct 27, 2017
Somewhere South
So, the runes on that mural panel Atreus didn't get to see:

Top left is andlát, death
Rightmost is hörmung, misery, distress, disaster
Bottom one is svik, deception, betrayal
Top right seems to be föður, some declension of father (probably should be read as andlát föður, father's death)

So, Kratos gets betrayed and dies.

Last edited: