• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
I have an issue. In the Dwarven King fortress, the lever where red troll is imprissoned in the floor is not interactive [Atreus and Kratos talked about him, and Kratos said to the boy to get prepared for fight].
iuiybk.jpg

I tried reloading most recent checkpoint, loading old autosave when I was in front of the fortress, and going to other distant areas of the Midgard and then returning. The lever is always non-responsive, and nearby door are also locked.

BTW, what does the Shattered Gauntlet of Ages talisman does? Just hitting enemies with damage or something else?

Last edited:

ShadowSwordmaster

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
So, like, how does Kratos end up in the Norse world? Did he just hop on a horse and ride north for a month? Also, it seems the Gods know of other Gods like how Mimir knows of Zeus.

The over-world stuff is really confusing.
He just traveled there to get away from it all. It doesn't explicitly state the details, but that is not important.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Seriously why no one wants to answer me about Vanaheim and all the stuff there #1914 ? I really want to know if they made it in the game or are they keeping it for the sequel.

ShadowSwordmaster

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Did you finish the game? If you did then what I feared happened and they are storing this for the next game(s).
Do we even visit Vanaheim in this game? The fast travel pool says that Odin sealed this realm.
What about the fight with 100 enemies? Is it there too?
Alfheim, Muspelheim, Jotuheim, Nilfheim, and Helheim are the realms that are available.
As for the fight with the 100 enemies: I don't really know.

Last edited:

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Woo, can finally enter this thread.

I just finished the game, holy fucking shit, what a ride.

Beautiful game.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Alfheim, Muspelheim, Jotuheim, Nilfheim, and Helheim are the realms that are available.
As for the fight with the 100 enemies: I don't really know.

So some reviews were rigth after all only 6 realms including Midgard that you visit eventhough the fast travel system shows 7 realms (without counting Midgard sicne you are there). Asgard is not even prorposed and Vanaheim is locked in this game. Nidavellir is not accessible too. This confirmed my fears. The Vanaheim artworks aren't just here to be scrapped. I expect a standalone or a full sequel soon. Wait for E3.

Soundwind

Banned for suspected use of alt account
Apr 13, 2018
so at the end of the game

Does Kratos resent his Spartan heritage and the actions that he did?

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
ooooooooooooooooh shit....was that.....oh sihti shitsirsirsairasf
dafg
dsg
sdf
gsf
sh
hg

hnnnngggg

Deleted member 2229

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
So what happens at the end? Kratos die? BOY is some kind of God and takes over for Kratos?
Pretty much. Kratos is going to fall ill and die, Loki is going to take over and lrobably take out Odin and Thor and whatever other gods happen to be an issue, along with the coming of ragnorok.

Something cool I remebered: The way Baldur dies in the game mirrors the way he dies in norse mythology. Loki killls him using mistletoe. Though in the story Loki does it intentionally for malicious purposes and Baldur isnt a terrible person.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2018
So some reviews were rigth after all only 6 realms including Midgard that you visit eventhough the fast travel system shows 7 realms (without counting Midgard sicne you are there). Asgard is not even prorposed and Vanaheim is locked in this game. Nidavellir is not accessible too. This confirmed my fears. The Vanaheim artworks aren't just here to be scrapped. I expect a standalone or a full sequel soon. Wait for E3.
I hav no idea why you are expecting a sequel announcement so soon,it simply won't happen. It's going to be a while before we hear something from SSM again,and with Barlog's recent comment about him wanting to tackle new IP,I don't think he will be too excited to return to the franchise so soon if at all,at least not after a pretty long vacation.

Deleted member 2229

Oct 25, 2017
I think at best is that were going to get some add on DLC that will deal with some nordic monsters through the long winter or some lesser gods.

Itll probably be 3 years before we get a new game and a sequel announcement definitely isnt coming at E3

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
I hav no idea why you are expecting a sequel announcement so soon,it simply won't happen. It's going to be a while before we hear something from SSM again,and with Barlog's recent comment about him wanting to tackle new IP,I don't think he will be too excited to return to the franchise so soon if at all,at least not after a pretty long vacation.

Because the new trend is: we are getting new long addon sequels in a short time for flagship games like Unchrated 4 (TLL), Horizon (The Frozen Wilds) and Spider-man. I have no idea why you are not expecting this to happen for GOW too especially if that gameplay part , previously leaked was scrapepd from this game and that the cliffhanger ending only asks for that.

Last edited:

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
I have 2 Valkyrie left to go, the fights are so intense ! They're the most souls like any of the bosses have felt to me.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
They never showed Thor or Odin which is disappointing.

Think again:

http://cdn.atomix.vg/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/God-of-War_20180407115300.jpg

http://cdn.atomix.vg/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/God-of-War_20180407115327.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/btdkn7f.png

And this happens in a fraction of a second with lightning strikes and reveals him in flesh and blood and he looks like his depiction in the statue and even classier (It was hard to catch):

https://i.imgur.com/PguGgDI.jpg

_Karooo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Think again:

http://cdn.atomix.vg/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/God-of-War_20180407115300.jpg

http://cdn.atomix.vg/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/God-of-War_20180407115327.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/btdkn7f.png

And this happens in a fraction of a second with lightning strikes and reveals him in flesh and blood and he looks like his depiction in the statue and even classier (It was hard to catch):

https://i.imgur.com/PguGgDI.jpg
The last one is interesting but I would have loved a small encounter between them and Kratos at least during the main story.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
So during the very first fight with Baldur, Kratos heals himself and the blood disappears, how exactly is he doing that and why can't we do it in during gameplay?

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
The last one is interesting but I would have loved a small encounter between them and Kratos at least during the main story.

Well his hammer is engraved with runes and like I explained previously. This means it has upgrades like the axe and the blades of chaos which means this weapon will constitue the main weapon that you will earn so early and use in the next game (sequel or long addon). There is no doubt in that. Having such an encounter in this game would lead to a complete change up of story and gameply in this game. They need to keep some content for the upcoming games like such epic boss battles and Vanheim with its lush flora.

Jan 2, 2018
Because the enw trend is: we are getting new long addon sequels in a short time for flagship games like Unchrated 4 (TLL), Horizon (The Frozen Wilds) and Spider-man. I have no idea why you are not expecting this to happen for GOW too especially if that gameplay part , previously leaked was scrapepd from this game and that the cliffhanger ending only asks for that.
Uncharted TLL was not a mainline game in the series,Horzion TFL is basically a chunky side story and with Spiderman we don't really know the scope of the DLC. The ending of GoW,the importance of Thor in the norse myth, dealing with him in a DLC/expansion like TFL will be 'wasting' this character and I believe they will save him for the proper sequel,which is very far off. Don't forget that Thor appeared in Atreus's vision after the end of the long winter,which means in real life,Atreus would be much older when they will finally meet Thor- that's sequel material,not some DLC/expansion and the seque,I bet,still in super early stages if any at all.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
So during the very first fight with Baldur, Kratos heals himself and the blood disappears, how exactly is he doing that and why can't we do it in during gameplay?

Kratos is immortal and he realized that since the end of GOW3 (he didn't die when he even tried to kill himself) and he is doomed to walk the earth for eternity but in order to not go insane he needs to change.
He healed himself because of that but it made him exhausted after. But good point about why we can't do it during gameplay.The reason is simple. We need a game and a challenge. Making him immortal during gameplay won't make this game "a game" anymore.

ShadowSwordmaster

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Adding Odin or Thor would harm the story this game is trying to tell. The main idea of the story is the relationship between Kratos and Atreus and not the revenge story like the other games.

Jan 2, 2018
Adding Odin or Thor would harm the story this game is trying to tell. The main idea of the story is the relationship between Kratos and Atreus and not the revenge story like the other games.
Oh we will meet them sooner or later,no doubt about that. And I don't think it will harm the story..there are a lot of ways they can use both Thor and Odin without it turning to a typical revenge story. The end of this game definitely set in motion a big event that will lead to a clash between Kratos and Atreus vs the other norse gods. I don't think they will shove them all to one game like GOW3 did.

ShadowSwordmaster

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Oh we will meet them sooner or later,no doubt about that. And I don't think it will harm the story..there are a lot of ways they can use both Thor and Odin without it turning to a typical revenge story. The end of this game definitely set in motion a big event that will lead to a clash between Kratos and Atreus vs the other norse gods. I don't think they will shove them all to one game like GOW3 did.
That is true.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Pretty much. Kratos is going to fall ill and die, Loki is going to take over and lrobably take out Odin and Thor and whatever other gods happen to be an issue, along with the coming of ragnorok.

Something cool I remebered: The way Baldur dies in the game mirrors the way he dies in norse mythology. Loki killls him using mistletoe. Though in the story Loki does it intentionally for malicious purposes and Baldur isnt a terrible person.
What? Kratos dying? I really doubt they would do that, I think the kid is going evil and they will force Kratos to kill him.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Kratos is immortal and he realized that since the end of GOW3 (he didn't die when he even tried to kill himself) and he is doomed to walk the earth for eternity but in order to not go insane he needs to change.
He healed himself because of that but it made him exhausted after. But good point about why we can't do it during gameplay.The reason is simple. We need a game and a challenge. Making him immortal during gameplay won't make this game "a game" anymore.

Well, we do get healed when using Rage of Sparta. but I just thought it was odd that he did during the cutscene without help of that.

It's no big deal it was just something I noticed.

Pablo Mesa

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
What? Kratos dying? I really doubt they would do that, I think the kid is going evil and they will force Kratos to kill him.
nope, Kratos will die at the end of 2 and 3 you will play as Loki to ensure to bring Ragnarok.

the whole game pretty much puts you in the "pro" Ragnarok faction
>Son is Loki
>they kill Baldr
>They befriend the Jormungand
ill go hard cold cash Dad of War 2 introduces Fenrir

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I also liked how the game basically made canon the existence of Japanese Gods cause they showed the Mitsudomoe
domoe-2.jpg

The mitsudomoe became to be associated with Hachiman, the Shinto god of war

Last edited:

Deleted member 2229

Oct 25, 2017
Its on the mural in Jontunheim.

And theres absolutely no way they go down that route. Thats contradictory to literally everything in this game. Kratos is getting old. Hes going to pass the torch. He also literally states that he would let Atreus kill him if Atreus felt the need to. Hes not going to become evil. The story is about Kratos teaching him not to be a piece of shit.

I really have no idea how you can come to that conclusion after finishing the game.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Uncharted TLL was not a mainline game in the series,Horzion TFL is basically a chunky side story and with Spiderman we don't really know the scope of the DLC. The ending of GoW,the importance of Thor in the norse myth, dealing with him in a DLC/expansion like TFL will be 'wasting' this character and I believe they will save him for the proper sequel,which is very far off. Don't forget that Thor appeared in Atreus's vision after the end of the long winter,which means in real life,Atreus would be much older when they will finally meet Thor- that's sequel material,not some DLC/expansion and the seque,I bet,still in super early stages if any at all.

Who told you that the concept of the next game or sequel is not already set, at leats for its main points? Like I said before, they have the engine set on PS4 and I don't think they gonna throw it so quickly and start reworking another for PS5. they also have the Norse setting set and the main plot worked so they know where they will go next which will be much easier than what it was back thern from going to PS3 and Greece to PS4 and Norse. they have the Vanaheim concept wehther locations or gameplay (not just those two artworks but also there are several ones leaked befroe not seen in this game). They have the Thor model ready. They have Mjolnir ready and even susceptible to upgrades by highlighting those rune on it.
You are really underestimating how a sequel can come much faster and easier if all the big points I mentioned are already readied and they have the ground for them. SSM is not new to such feats and they accustomed us to release a GOW even after or on the same year of the reeaese of a next-generation PlayStation so 2-3 years will be more than enough for them to develop a sequel based on what they have now. Keep in mind this is the only game SSM developed for this PS4 generation while other First Party studios have at least 2 games if not more.

Even Kojima said that now he has the Decima engine between his hands, he is amazed how develoment is going that fast and we don't ' have to wait 5-6 to develop another engine + game for that matter.

I don't know why you and some others overlook such points and insist on ruling out a potential sequel on PS4.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Its on the mural in Jontunheim.

And theres absolutely no way they go down that route. Thats contradictory to literally everything in this game. Kratos is getting old. Hes going to pass the torch. He also literally states that he would let Atreus kill him if Atreus felt the need to. Hes not going to become evil. The story is about Kratos teaching him not to be a piece of shit.

I really have no idea how you can come to that conclusion after finishing the game.
So they brought Kratos back and worked on him to fit the Norse world just for one game? I don't believe that, isn't Loki evil in the mythology? I don't really see why they wouldn't go that route, I saw that painting in the giant lands but couldn't really tell what it was.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Well, we do get healed when using Rage of Sparta. but I just thought it was odd that he did during the cutscene without help of that.

It's no big deal it was just something I noticed.

Well now that you highlighted it, you gave the explanation. Kratos can heal himself in Spartan Rage like you said and in that moment where he healed he was angry too. Kratos true pwoer is his rage but he doesn't want to use it anymore and he really wnats to change. Read the comic to witness how Kratos is trying hard to overcome his true nature but fails. I think everything in this game has its explanation and nothing is absurd.

ShadowSwordmaster

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
nope, Kratos will die at the end of 2 and 3 you will play as Loki to ensure to bring Ragnarok.

the whole game pretty much puts you in the "pro" Ragnarok faction
>Son is Loki
>they kill Baldr
>They befriend the Jormungand
ill go hard cold cash Dad of War 2 introduces Fenrir
Jormungand helps out in the final part of the game too.

Evergarden

Oct 25, 2017
We've killed Thor's 2 child and his brother. I am a little bit surprised that we haven't seen them in the main story actually. I can't wait for the DLC/New Game.

Deleted member 2229

Oct 25, 2017
So they brought Kratos back and worked on him to fit the Norse world just for one game? I don't believe that, isn't Loki evil in the mythology? I don't really see why they wouldn't go that route, I saw that painting in the giant lands but couldn't really tell what it was.
Norse mythology is heavily based on interpretation. Hes not necessarily evil.

They brought Kratos back to teach Atreus how to be a good god and not become riddled by vengance like he and Baldur were.

Whether or not you believe it is up to you, but youre being incredibly obtuse about what the game presents to you.

Loki would be considered evil because he goes against the other gods. So from the perspective of Odin and Thor, he would be evil. Given that Thor and Odin are pieces of shit in this game and that Freya might be after him too. Would it be evil to take down the norse pantheon? Obviously not