• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
As for that trophy for understanding the old Norse in the game, that will be interesting. I can't speak Norse, but as a Norwegian, I guess I should be able to understand a lot of it.

Nesotenso

Oct 26, 2017
It is not a faithful retelling of Norse mythology. It is its own thing like God of War has always been.
Just wish that Baldr looked like how I pictured him.

Soundwind

Banned for suspected use of alt account
Apr 13, 2018
when is the greek vase scene i don't see it anywhere

is there a link to it, i want to see it?

Gorgosh

Oct 26, 2017
There's one thing I don't quite get..

If Atreus is Loki, how come Jormungandr is around already? Considering Jormungandr is one of Loki's three children, alongside Hel and Fenris.
The serpent is from the future. Mimir tells the story of Ragnarök, that the battle is so hard that it splinters the tree of life and sends the snake back into time, before its birth! The snake actually says that Loki seems familiar.

Finished the game, everything that is there is fucking excellent! So I will list only my few negatives:
- Too few bosses in the Main game (like I feared :/ )
- Seems like the Prologue to the real story. Come on, we see the Travel Stones and don't even visit Asgard. We don't see Thor or Odin. Meh. I am actually kinda disappointed after finishing it.

Soundwind

Apr 13, 2018
that means the World Serpent

is Kratos grandson?

and Cronos is the great great grandfather of the World Serpent

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Fárbauti, the husband of LauFey (meaning both slender and weak) means cruel/dangerous striker which is more a description than a real name. You can guess who is that person:

Kratos (which also means power/powerful)

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Can anyone confirm that nothing form this made it to the game? No travel to Vanaheim, no such strange giant plants, no eating fruits from them to replenish health, no chopping huge tree to create a bridge, no giant leaf that you walk on, no fan like plants and others creatings obstacles and infecting the areas?

uCaumMb.jpg

Neither did I see anyone who played the game mention it nor was it shown in any video. Was it scrapped?

Gorgosh

Oct 26, 2017
OK GUYS, I DON'T KNOW IF THIS IS COMMON KNOWLEDGE. AFTER FINISHING THE GAME, GO TO YOUR HOUSE AND SLEEP.
HOLY FUCKBALLS THE WAIT IS GOING TO KILL ME!

oriic

Prophet of Truth - Press
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Hungary
OK GUYS, I DON'T KNOW IF THIS IS COMMON KNOWLEDGE. AFTER FINISHING THE GAME, GO TO YOUR HOUSE AND SLEEP.
HOLY FUCKBALLS THE WAIT IS GOING TO KILL ME!

That is the true ending. :)

Btw, listen to Mimir's stories. When i heard the drunk story about the crystal and the nipples...ROFL. :D

Ricky_R

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Question for those who finished the game.

Saw the last boss's thumbnail on Youtube. I don't know much about Norse Mytho, so I don't recognize him at all, but I have an idea of what his face looks like now.

Will that somehow mess the ending for me in some way?

Oct 27, 2017
What do you guys think this means? The possible death of Kratos in the future?

wkSDNCL.jpg
I would speculate it's depicting the world-eater killing Kratos and Atreus. Given Kratos' comment about how Atreus's story doesn't need to end like his did, with Atreus killing his father, I could see the trilogy ending with either Atreus sacrificing himself for Kratos (son sacrificing himself to save his father) or Kratos sacrificing himself for Atreus (father not trying to kill son but giving his life for him instead).

Of course it's kind of an easily predictable ending to the trilogy so it's possible both survive. If what the previous poster (sorry, forgot your username) stated is true about time-related hijinks in Norse mythology, that could be related (but I don't know anything about it honestly).

Son

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Baldur hate Freya because she abandoned him for centuries. She make him invulnerable to feeling and pain. So he wanted to kill her for that. Weak sauce

Soundwind

Apr 13, 2018
So what is Atreus complete dna 50 percent giant 25 percent god and 25 percent man

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Did anyone notice that the God of War 3 lines from Hel's flashbacks are re-recorded with the new dude's voice?

They sound so bad and wierd.

Jan 2, 2018
So this is how I see things might be going forward,my own personal fantasy prediction:
I really like the idea of the game focusing on one major god and give him the spotlight while adding minor gods/characters from the myth in the story,so I think the next game will obviously deal with Thor and maybe even introduce Odin,that I guess will play a large role in the third game if this is to be a trilogy.
I think the next game will deal with the war predicted in this one,with Kratos and Thor going on a duel that,given the scope of the fight with Baldur,will be simply out of this world,especially if the game will be on the PS5. I think the third game will be all about Ragnarok and the clash between Odin,Kratos and Surtur. I really,REALLY,can't wait to see where the story is going from the ending of this.

Orochinagis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Are those walls about the other gods telling the future or the present? Why is kratos covering his arms bandages from his son at the start?

Jan 2, 2018
Are those walls about the other gods telling the future or the present? Why is kratos covering his arms bandages from his son at the start?
it's both future and present. and he is covering his arms because well...it will be pretty difficult to explain to your son why you have burn scars in the shape of chains all over you arms when you want him to know absolutely nothing about your past.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
So this is how I see things might be going forward,my own personal fantasy prediction:
I really like the idea of the game focusing on one major god and give him the spotlight while adding minor gods/characters from the myth in the story,so I think the next game will obviously deal with Thor and maybe even introduce Odin,that I guess will play a large role in the third game if this is to be a trilogy.
I think the next game will deal with the war predicted in this one,with Kratos and Thor going on a duel that,given the scope of the fight with Baldur,will be simply out of this world,especially if the game will be on the PS5. I think the third game will be all about Ragnarok and the clash between Odin,Kratos and Surtur. I really,REALLY,can't wait to see where the story is going from the ending of this.

You will fight Thor and earn his hammer so early in the next game. You can show a hammer with runic upgrades like the axe and blades of chaos and just make it obtainable only at the end of the game. The major new gameplay element in the next game will be using Mjolnir so expect the Thor fight to happen so early in the next game. You will visit Asgard only in the third game in ragnarok like Olympus in GOW3.
And the next GOW won't be on PS5. It will be on PS4. You are underestimating how fast doing a sequel would be if the game engine is set on console for a specific generation. Expect the sequel to be in 2-3 years like the previous games on PS4 even if the PS5 is reelased by then like what happened before.

Kliemie

Oct 26, 2017
Who is this stranger? He is really cool and the first battle scene with him was Sooo Coooollll!!!

Its a shame he died so early in the game actually, any know if he comes back?

Btw, this is the amazing battle scene i am referring to:

Jan 2, 2018
You will fight Thor and earn his hammer so early in the next game. You can show a hammer with runic upgrades like the axe and blades of chaos and just make it obtainable only at the end of the game. The major new gameplay element in the next game will be using Mjolnir so expect the Thor fight to happen so early in the next game. You will visit Asgard only in the third game in ragnarok like Olympus in GOW3.
And the next GOW won't be on PS5. It will be on PS4. You are underestimating how fast doing a sequel would be if the game engine is set on console for a specific generation. Expect the sequel to be in 2-3 years like the previous games on PS4 even if the PS5 is reelased by then like what happened before.
I disagree. I think that GoW,Detroit,Days Gone,Spiderman,TLOU2 and Death Stranding are the last big wave of exclusives for the PS4 this gen. Topping GOW would require new hardware as I think they seriously pushed the PS4 to edge on this one plus,I would bet that we won't see a new game for at least 3 years,they might as well will make it 4 years for developing on a new (albeit similar) architecture. but this is a topic for a different thread. SSM are the top tier developers at Sony and if there's a dev that will get to work ealy on next gen,it's probably these guys,along with Guerrilla and ND. developing games takes much more than 2 years,even sequels,on this gen.