• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
Thanks for the answer. I really hope they will add a NG+ which allows us to play with all weapons from the start and maximize all skills.

You can maximize skills and weapons in first playthrough though. you will have skills and weapons on 100% long before finale. I still dont know how many armours have I missed. If I really think about it, NG+ should be accesible only for the hardest difficulty. Otherwise, you can start 2nd playthrough for accesing all previously locked locations and having fun with all the skills from the start.

MeltedDreams Yes, they do, but only in few places and they are pretty weak, no minibosses or trolls.

JackFrost

Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Hey everyone, I'm trying to avoid most spillers, but can anyone tell me if there are helmet prices to the armor in this game?

I know there is a lot of loot but I'm a sucker for helms/helmets/masks. Anything like that or just torso, leg, and chest pieces?

Appreciate any info!

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
It seems we can't visit that the location shown in the E3 2016 video. Remember that frozen lake where you fight the troll then you enter the bandit camp and see the white wolf running? Well the first troll happens in another area location but that same area is seen below you but sadly you can get access to it but you continue above instead (normally the troll prevents you from goign there in the E3 2016 video).

Starts around 8:05 .

So it was true after all that the demo was all smoke and mirrors. XD
/S

Vishmarx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So does any weapon other than the default ones have skill trees or upgrades? im pretty sure the trophy list said theres at least one.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
So does any weapon other than the default ones have skill trees or upgrades? im pretty sure the trophy list said theres at least one.

The axe, the bow, the shield and the blades of chaos have skill trees and can be upgraded. The other vaguely mentioned weapons seem to be just subweapons so I presume they don't offer any kind of upgrade.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
fanboy Can you please answer me about this, This is not a spoiler thing. Just a matter of controls.
One question that intrigues me. Does the game have any use for DualShock 4 features? I know that the touchpad is used to only show the UI momentarily if you activated immersive mode but nothing from it used in gameply with the advanced touch and click features like for example Killzone, Warframe or Dreadnought. Also what about lightbar? Does it change when hit and when using ifferent powers or anything? Same for motion controls? And the monospeaker: is it at least used when Mimir's head talks to you like a living PDA or like the ingame communcations seen in The Tomorrow Children Killign Floor 2, ZOMBI etc...?. I asked SSM about those but I didn't get any response. All of those could have added more to the immersion of the game but it seems Sony First Party studios don't care anymore about such features. The only hope left to fully use these features is in Dreams and Death Stranding.

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
fanboy Can you please answer me about this, This is not a spoiler thing. Just a matter of controls.
One question that intrigues me. Does the game have any use for DualShock 4 features? I know that the touchpad is used to only show the UI momentarily if you activated immersive mode but nothing from it used in gameply with the advanced touch and click features like for example Killzone, Warframe or Dreadnought. Also what about lightbar? Does it change when hit and when using ifferent powers or anything? Same for motion controls? And the monospeaker: is it at least used when Mimir's head talks to you like a living PDA or like the ingame communcations seen in The Tomorrow Children Killign Floor 2, ZOMBI etc...?. I asked SSM about those but I didn't get any response. All of those could have added more to the immersion of the game but it seems Sony First Party studios don't care anymore about such features. The only hope left to fully use these features is in Dreams and Death Stranding.

You really dig deep mate, but I dont. Sorry, cant help you with this :/ but i dont think ps4 controller lightbar changes when you hit something.

oriic

Prophet of Truth - Press
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Hungary
After 21 hours, i reached end of the game. What an awesome journey was that. Next step: all side-quest, and platinum trophy. \o/

Scarface

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
fanboy

Can you shed some light on what the ''endgame'' is in this game? Like what is there to do after the main story? Ive seen some people mentioning it. Thanks man.

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
You can finish the game on 100% before the ending, I think. There are 2 optional areas with arena like challenges and than something else, little bit grindy, bud rewarding and pretty entertaining not only gameplay and design wise. Other than main story - lots of collexlctibles (some being very cool), challengikg valkyries fights, some unbeaten hard enemies and like 18 (not sure about thr number) "holes" to other dimensions, half of them being "traps" from where strong enemies come from. And on top of that, exploring areaa you didnt visit until then and entering locations you can unlock just after you gain some skills and so on. You need to backtrack and its a little pain in the ass (locked areas that you can travel through just by fast travel) and still have to walk from the end of one area to its start if there isnt fast travel doors in its end.

Backtracking kinda sucks, other than thay, post game/side quests/errands/exploring is magnificent. Shame there is not more. I constantly had this feeling: Damn, this could be witcher 4 we never got after wircher 3 (in that genre).

Here to some dlc/content for at least 10 hours. corybarlog if there is any chance you read this, everyone who buys your game will have the need for more. Its more addictive than horizon and while horizo felt full enough with its 40 hours, gow (with the same amoun of time) feels like there should be 20 hours od content more. Its just epic. I might give it a full 10/10 after second playthrough/adding NG+

chris-013

Mar 4, 2018
Hard mode is hard... at the beginning when you have very few move and 0 upgrade. I need to start another save with the hardest difficulty but I think some early fights will be a pain like the 2 heavy Draugr then 2 heavy Draugr + 3 Draugr !

DJN001

Apr 14, 2018
How much post-game content is there? Is there enough depth/challenge to the combat to warrant playing for that alone?

Mecha

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Honduras
fanboy I'm trying to avoid this thread but I need to know something. Are there more realms as big as Midgard??

PLASTICA-MAN I haven't played the game yet, I made an educated guess based on the design (we saw a bigger version at PSX).

Scarface

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
You can finish the game on 100% before the ending, I think. There are 2 optional areas with arena like challenges and than something else, little bit grindy, bud rewarding and pretty entertaining not only gameplay and design wise. Other than main story - lots of collexlctibles (some being very cool), challengikg valkyries fights, some unbeaten hard enemies and like 18 (not sure about thr number) "holes" to other dimensions, half of them being "traps" from where strong enemies come from. And on top of that, exploring areaa you didnt visit until then and entering locations you can unlock just after you gain some skills and so on. You need to backtrack and its a little pain in the ass (locked areas that you can travel through just by fast travel) and still have to walk from the end of one area to its start if there isnt fast travel doors in its end.

Backtracking kinda sucks, other than thay, post game/side quests/errands/exploring is magnificent. Shame there is not more. I constantly had this feeling: Damn, this could be witcher 4 we never got after wircher 3 (in that genre).

Here to some dlc/content for at least 10 hours. corybarlog if there is any chance you read this, everyone who buys your game will have the need for more. Its more addictive than horizon and while horizo felt full enough with its 40 hours, gow (with the same amoun of time) feels like there should be 20 hours od content more. Its just epic. I might give it a full 10/10 after second playthrough/adding NG+

Thanks a lot. Heres hoping to some beefy DLC with maybe an endless challenge mode or something. Would be cool.

Cheers man. Glad to hear all of this.

Deleted member 32359

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
PLEASE : Can someone describe gameplay for a few moves/attacks and share a screenshot of controls?

thank you (^3^)

Edit: that's the only spoiler I want
Edit 2 : I watch 30 seconds of a gameplay video (I've seen nothing except two first trailers a long time ago). I've just bought the game digitally. I can doubt AAA games but GoW is something different. The franchise never disappointed me, this game seems to be able to amaze me as much as first game when I played it :o
So no need for controls.

Last edited:

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone has a gif of the blades of chaos, I really want to see how it has been interpreted

This channel seems to have a lot of stuff, including that big lizard boss fight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Saj7yM5pfs

I made gifs.

40518482885_6b0fccf0d1_o.gif

41371193792_8b86f9befa_o.gif

40518480865_2f110dce01_o.gif

DJN001

Apr 14, 2018
So anyone know if there's worthwhile postgame content? Or is it gonna be a one-and-done game for most people

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Hmm what? You can't use your shield when you obtain the blades? The shield icon is replaced by the blades. This is so weird. I hope this isn't true.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
So, on the blades, are they something you get to keep, or is it just for specific parts of the game?

Hey buddy. Those leaks you read are complete outdated BS (some claimed bandages turned into blades for a brief moment, otehrs claimed the baldes are only used in Spartan Rage). Don't read them anymore .
You keep the blades till the end of the game and you can use them at any time the moment Kratos decides to use them again. In fact there are enemies immune to the axe but not the awesome blades.

Last edited: