• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Hate to disappoint but I've read on several leaks that the blades are just used in spartan rage mode.

They are still upgradable though and even the trophy's name why fight it? Meaning why contain the rage. So in order to fully use the complete version of them you need much rage. Logical.

Interesting they'd give it an upgrade tree. Must get it relatively early because theres no trophy for actually getting it.

Now that makes a lot of sense indeed, especially since the Blades of Dragon don't seem to have any upgrades. Well, that leaves us with the axe and the blade of chaos.

There is a trophy for getting the blades (of Dragon) and there is another for fully upgrading the blade (of chaos).

Last edited:

a Question

Oct 28, 2017
Those who played the game. Do you agree with SkillUp that game is easily spoiled? He suggest to listen videoreviews since there is high possibility that they would unintentionally use footage that might give away a lot of things.

DageAcVVMAISutT.jpg:large

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
We've seen Spartan Rage in a couple of videos, including the David Harbour Gamespot one from yesterday, and the Blades are never used.

Unless it's only during a specific plot point?

Some leaks say
When Atreus get kidnapped, Kratos got so angry his bandages turn into chains and uses them only for that moment to free him and other leaks say that Kratos goes back to his house where he did hide the blades under altar where he put his wife's corpse on and he did this from the start.

So we don't know for sure which one is true. The only thing sure is that we are getting them in the game and we knew this since the ESRB rating. But now since the trophy list show they are upgradable, so you can guess which one is true.

Turquoise

Banned
Apr 7, 2018
Kinda dispointed we fight Magni when the guy is stronger than every single Aesir god as a baby. It's like making Zeus some random boss fight in the first god of war.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Kinda dispointed we fight Magni when the guy is stronger than every single Aesir god as a baby. It's like making Zeus some random boss fight in the first god of war.

Who told you they are going to be dead in this episode? Remember how many times we fought Zeus since GOW2. Thor need to be dead first and his sons need to survive Ragnarok and inherit Mjolnir. So maybe thee real bombastic fight will happen in the sequels. Remember the epic Zeus fight in GOW3 that looked like a fighting game.

Turquoise

Banned
Apr 7, 2018
Who told you they are going to be dead in this episode? Remember how many times we fought Zeus since GOW2. Thor need to be dead first and his sons need to survive Ragnarok and inherit Mjolnir. So maybe thee real bombastic fight will happen in the sequels. Remember the epic Zeus fight in GOW3 that looked like a fighting game.
Oh that's right I forgot Magni is one of the few gods that survive Ragnarok. I guess Kratos can hand him his first loss and also kill his father to make him angry. Also Kratos beating up on Magni gives a reason for Thor to be a boss in future games. I just hope that they shows Magni's potential off in the game and maybe elude to the fact that his strength is crazy. Like maybe he hasn't fully developed his power yet(even tho as a baby he was strong lol)

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Oh that's right I forgot Magni is one of the few gods that survive Ragnarok. I guess Kratos can hand him his first loss and also kill his father to make him angry. Also Kratos beating up on Magni gives a reason for Thor to be a boss in future games. I just hope that they shows Magni's potential off in the game and maybe elude to the fact that his strength is crazy. Like maybe he hasn't fully developed his power yet(even tho as a baby he was strong lol)

Yeah. the options are infinite for the Lost Pages.

Edit:
You overlooked how Kratos will fight both him and his brother Modi at the same time in this game and both will survive Ragnarok. The fight will be so intense. Kratos is just unattainable. Looking forward what they gonna do next.

Last edited:

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
Those who played the game. Do you agree with SkillUp that game is easily spoiled? He suggest to listen videoreviews since there is high possibility that they would unintentionally use footage that might give away a lot of things.

So has anyone leaked like The Big Twist that so many are warning about?

I'm wondering if there's anything story-related that is fresh or amazing.

Won't be playing the game myself but I'm still curious nonetheless.

Don't really care about weapons/combat/boss spoilers.

I'm more interested in the narrative angle and if it's doing anything exceptionally special.

oriic

Prophet of Truth - Press
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Hungary
OK, it is not a real spoiler but, i saw a scene now. And thank you, i knew it... #indeed

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
They already made Balder ugly as fuck, wasn't he the prettiest one and invulnerable to the point where he'd just have gods beat on him?

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Baldr was handsome, and gracious. Also invunerable so gods would just test their weapons on him.
Maybe this is handsome by Viking warrior standards. Look at Ragnar from Vikings

Kratos tested his axe on him and it did absolutely nothing because he healed all the wounds, and the guy says he felt no pain. I imagine this GOW's version of invulnerability so we can still have blood and gore

Azzanadra

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I must be the only one who really likes Baldr's appearance, dude looks super badass and powerful, the fight looks INTENSE. I always liked how GoW subverted God appearances, they look really "metal" compared to the "canonical" appearances.

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
As far as I know, the biggest thing that could be leaked... well, i didnt see it leaked anywhere so, you still got chance not to fuck the surprise for yourself..

(i didnt confirm any of allegedly "trusted leaks" in this thread if it comes to your mind)

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
I must be the only one who really likes Baldr's appearance, dude looks super badass and powerful, the fight looks INTENSE. I always liked how GoW subverted God appearances, they look really "metal" compared to the "canonical" appearances.
Like the myths is how they'd want mortals to remember and deify them, but they're really ugly petty jerks. Greek gods at least are really petty and vindictive.

Going by the recent sponsored Extra Credits video, Norse gods are just as petty and conniving

Playsage

Oct 25, 2017
Well, it seems we have a DMC progression trope here...
Fighting The Stanger 3 times, if he's indeed Baldr

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
This review clealr confirms new weapons: translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?act=url&depth=1&hl=en&ie=UTF8&nv=1&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=auto&sp=nmt4&tl=en&u=http://jocuri.go4it.ro/god-of-war-ps4-review&xid=17259,15700022,15700122,15700124,15700149,15700168,15700173,15700186,15700201&usg=ALkJrhjQTXkU8VmXthnvxtDTdNfp0oLRfw and that some offer newer skills allowing you to access unexplored areas or fight certain enemies immune to certain weapons liek that Frozen Draugr immune tot he axe we saw at the start of the game.

I can't believe how many doubted that eventhough the ESRB rating confirmed it.
Let alone those fake leaks claiming that the Blades are temporary and Kratos bandages fell and turned into chains and used them only that moment (while this was just the start fo the game where his bandages fell) or that they are only used in Spartan Rage mode only.

You can clearly see in the last 3 pictures of the review that he wears arm armor wrapped in the chains and that he wears the blades on his back next to the axe.

(I knew the chains would be 3D this time wrapping around the arms like in Infamous Second Son and not just bump maps like in GOW3&Ascension or flat textures like in the other GOW games)

Dunno there is another blue thing that he carries next tot he ash purse. Is that another weapon?

Last edited:

Deleted member 34714

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 28, 2017
Quite a difference from the leaked proper reviews over whatifgamings. Whatever rep they were trying to build up as a games journalist is looking grim.

Turquoise

Banned
Apr 7, 2018
"almost 60 fps" in performance ? Don't know if i believe that.

• frail framerate in Favor Resolution (4K) on PS4 Pro
  • less "epic" than the old titles in the series
  • in the end, you are left feeling that a lot of content (entire realms and possible enemies) has been preserved for expansion and / or continuation
Here are the negatives. Not as epic that is a shame. And the expansion part is just wrong if true

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
"almost 60 fps" in performance ? Don't know if i believe that.

• frail framerate in Favor Resolution (4K) on PS4 Pro
  • less "epic" than the old titles in the series
  • in the end, you are left feeling that a lot of content (entire realms and possible enemies) has been preserved for expansion and / or continuation
Here are the negatives. Not as epic that is a shame. And the expansion part is just wrong if true

You only visit 6 realms in this game: from the infos I gathered they are: Midgard,Alfheim, Vanaheim, Musphelheim, Niflheim and Helheim. How are we supposed to have the most epic boss battles if you don't visit Jotunheim and Asgard? I think it was obvious and strategic to keep those for the next games. This is like the first GOW game where the sequels went crescendo in temrs of scale and epicness.

Turquoise

Banned
Apr 7, 2018
You only visit 6 realms in this game: from the infos I gathered they are: Midgard,Alfheim, Vanaheim, Musphelheim, Niflheim and Helheim. How are we supposed to have the most epic boss battles if you don't visit Jotunheim and Asgard? I think it was obvious and strategic to keep those for the next games. This is like the first GOW game where the sequels went crescendo in temrs of scale and epicness.
Guess we will be waiting for the sequel to be on ps5. Also why does he have the blades of chaos? Shouldn't they be the blades of exile?

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Guess we will be waiting for the sequel to be on ps5. Also why does he have the blades of chaos? Shouldn't they be the blades of exile?

Dunno. Maybe they lost all their powers after the end of GOW3. And who knows we may get a sequel on PS4 in 2-3 and even if the PS5 is released by that time like we did have before, especially if the engine is ready now and the whole game system. This won't take as much time as this. Unless Asgard and Jotunheim are so big due to seeing giants wandering there so this needs the game to shift to open world gameplay in order to adapt to the situation and fights like in Horizon. then this is another story.

Edit: About the baldes. You know they are upgradable and the trophy calls them blades of the dragon so they probably lost their initial power from the Greek gods chaos -> exile and now they are virign and you need to upgrade them with dragon blood or breath or fire or whataver, hence there is a trophy for freeing all dragons that will probably give you an upgrade for that.

Last edited:

Turquoise

Banned
Apr 7, 2018
Dunno. Maybe they lost all their powers after the end of GOW3. And who knows we may get a sequel on PS4 in 2-3 and even if the PS5 is released by that time like we did have before, especially if the engine is ready now and the whole game system. This won't take as much time as this.
What do you think about the 60fps or close to it? I think i might need a digital foundry video for confirmation lol?

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
What do you think about the 60fps or close to it? I think i might need a digital foundry video for confirmation lol?

I don't know. GOW games always had unlocked FPS. The DF analysis of the E3 2016 gameplay video fluctuated between 32 to 42 on base PS4. So there is a high chance this game has an average of 50/52 FPS with performance mode, reaching 60 FPS in some light scenes and falling to 45 in heavy ones. The PS5 will surely remedy at that iand lock it to 60 FPS if it is backward compatible like the remasters we got on next PlayStations.