• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SchroDingerzat

One Winged Slayer
Sep 24, 2018
Well, it does seem to be that bunker. 2B herself mentions she is from another world.

When you go back into the bunker post-raid, you can actually enter 2B's room (it's exactly as it was in Automata) and when you reach the Control Room, all of the screens are actually on (in the raid they're off), and it does say: "YoRHa. For the glory of Mankind" and there's even a screen that mentions the Moon base. Although weirdly it does say that the connection to the moon base is online.

That's pretty cool. Also knowing Yoko Taro it's probably all canon.

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
I think the big question is... Did like the Young and Old G'raha combine or did the latter just completely take over? Krile does mention his personality isn't quite the same as she was told about the Exarch but I'm unsure if that is because he's in his old body or because their personalities mixed.
When you talk to Graha Tia in the scion HQ in mordhona he'll give more information on that with a lot of speculation on the actual process.
But basically the memories of his older self merged into his younger self. His soul has also become denser like the WoL according to Y'shtola.
Question time, do we think we'll see Cyella again?
Not sure about Cyella but given the Edenverse storyline and how ShB has been putting new links to the 13th and Unukalhai still being part of the Scions it feels like we're not done with the 13th yet. It might all became relevant soon again in some way.

Also I don't think the requirements to meet Cyella in ShB are a hard no for having her appear again in the future. Quite the opposite FF14 has had no problems calling back from optional content into the MSQ. It's more a matter of having to reintroduce her if anything.
But Graha Tia, Estinien, Yshtola's sister are some examples of that.

Last edited:

LaydinJinn

Oct 31, 2017
So remember the NA fanfest where Shadowbringers was announced, that slide said specifically in the xpac that "It's time to once and for all TAKE DOWN THE GARLEAN EMPIRE", and only for Yoshida to do a nope we are actually going to the First.

Do you think we will take down Zenos in 5.4 and 5.5 and move on to something even grander in 6.0 or that original announcement was a big red herring?

My hope is we end the Empire as we know it by 5.5 but still going to Ilsabard in 6.0 because some crazy shit is happening there like Zodiark summoning or something.

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
I'm calling it now that ultimately Zenos will reach Zodiark and attempt to absorb it, only to be consumed and become its vessel instead.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Wanna post the Eternal Wind piano version cause damn do I love that song and hearing it made me so emotional

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Man that was such a great ending to that arc. Can't believe that this is a MMO. It's a crime that so many people won't experience the best Final Fantasy since 9/10 (in my opinion, 12 was great, but the second half was pretty bad unfortunately). I don't even know if that is not my favourite Final Fantasy now.

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Fantastic finale to Shadowbringers. I can't wait to see what 5.4 and 5.5 have to come.
I too don't mind Zenos as a villain, because as some others have said, he's a form of controlled chaos. He has no aspirations of conquest or dominion, he just wants a stronger opponent to fight. Like a DBZ character.

... which speaking of DBZ, WoL&D and G'raha totally took Elidibus out in a Perfect Cell like way, lol

Also, literally my face the moment you realize the Ancient is Emet-Selch with his hand wave.
e29bb7f017a438ee838891521686909f.gif

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
So, while we're here... What parts got everyone all teary or outright crying?

Exarch's final conversation really got me good. Seto and Ardbert had me wiping my eyes the whole time, and then Thancred telling Ryne he was proud of her followed up by Lyna's speech fuckin' destroyed me, man. I was not expecting to be an actual mess by the end of the MSQ.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017

Exarch's final conversation really got me good. Seto and Ardbert had me wiping my eyes the whole time, and then Thancred telling Ryne he was proud of her followed up by Lyna's speech fuckin' destroyed me, man. I was not expecting to be an actual mess by the end of the MSQ.

Exarch telling Lyna goodbye.
All those points you posted.

Sibylus

Oct 25, 2017
My suspicion that Elidibus isn't exactly Elidibus more than panned out, damn, but even I didn't see all the twists and turns there they had waiting.

I think Unukalhai is also a Scion and given the seeds in ShB he might become more important soon.
Question time, do we think we'll see Cyella again?
Absolutely, and I agree that they'll be reintroduced into the MSQ together when it becomes appropriate to further fill out the fall of the 13th shard. Go talk to her now that you're done, by the way, she has a few new words!

Looking forward to Berserker Alisaie, Necromancer Alphinaud, and Chemist Mithra Child in 6.0.
Let Chemists throw items in their inventories!

And let me be a Necromancer, pls gods

I think the big question is... Did like the Young and Old G'raha combine or did the latter just completely take over? Krile does mention his personality isn't quite the same as she was told about the Exarch but I'm unsure if that is because he's in his old body or because their personalities mixed.
After asking him how he's doing in the Rising Stones, I'm convinced it was a merger. He remembers his long life on the First, but his memories of the Crystal Tower and the WoD waking him up are now brand-new and immediate. He is young again and feels it.

I think Zenos is going to be to this game what Seymour was to FFX. He's going to be a recurring villain, with aspirations of being the big bad, but he's going to get taken out for good before the final battle.
I'm calling it now that ultimately Zenos will reach Zodiark and attempt to absorb it, only to be consumed and become its vessel instead.
I'm still very much eager to see him attempt it and Zodiark take his body, for sure. Give us a cathartic, horrific transformation where his skin half-sloughs off, his eyes become dead and empty, and the only spark of him left is the bestial desire that can no longer even form coherent words. Feral Zodiarkenos runs on all fours and just looks like a hot mess, he's the beast of the apocalypse!

Lol, what if they make Zenos into a Scion
*hastily scribbling a box onto the chart labeled Chaotic Chaotic Neutral*

I was teary for hours nonstop, so I'm going to restrict my list to quivering lips and/or crying:

• Lyna and the Exarch's farewell
  • Seto and Ardbert's reunion
  • Dulia Chai and Alphinaud's farewell
  • Lyna's speech
  • Halric remembering aloud Tesleen's words of encouragement (I cried like a fucking baby)
  • Halric and Alisaie's farewell
  • Thancred telling Ryne that he's proud

OP
OP
Kalentan

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
That Gundam quest was rushed holy fuck.

a new weapon is sighted
Get in the gundam WoL
Fight win

To be fair... I imagine a lot of the work went into making assets for Terncliff, all of the animations and such for the G-Warrior itself and making it to play good, Sapphire weapons whole shit, and so on.

So while short, I'm guessing a lot went into it.

Also I want more Terncliff now. Something about that town felt very cozy.

• Lyna and the Exarch's farewell
  • Seto and Ardbert's reunion
  • Dulia Chai and Alphinaud's farewell
  • Lyna's speech
  • Thancred telling Ryne that he's proud

These.

Christor

Oct 25, 2017
Little tip - talk to Unukalhai after you're done with the story. Ask him to talk about himself again and he will talk about his feelings after he learned you defeated Elidibus

Lonestar

Roll Tahd, Pawl
Oct 25, 2017
I bet the motion capture actors had a lot of fun.

Yeah, I noticed a few new things happening, different from all the old canned animations the game has long used. Really noticeable at the end, between Alisaie's boredom antics and Krile actually being shown lifting food into one's face (and taking a bit of it!).

No more offscreen eating, or "eating air" moments. Next Gen is here!

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Oh one thing that I kind of laughed at was Fandaniel's weird rant about plans and such was his bit amount money being the great motivator for people. Last time we fought capitalism it ended in the Bloody Banquet.

jblanco

Oct 27, 2017
Heavensward 10/10

Shadowbringers 100/10

I can't see them topping Shadowbringers, certainly not with... Zenos :/

Zenos is kind of a stain in FFXIV, so...... boring.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Why have people never heard of Fandaniel before? Not mentioned in game.. no but he is mentioned in the lore as of a very very long time now.

Hystzen

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester UK
Heavensward 10/10

Shadowbringers 100/10

I can't see them topping Shadowbringers, certainly not with... Zenos :/

Zenos is kind of a stain in FFXIV, so...... boring.

zenos can work they need to rewrite his character or double down on the bored hunter concept. I say double down and embrace this bored man who just wants to do some sword crossing with you. Him having a echo really makes him interesting they just need dive into it have him relive memories with it so it affects him mentally more and more.

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
Where is Unukalhai at now again? Haven't talked to him since Heavensward. He's not at the Rising Stones anymore I'm pretty sure so... Azys Lla? Unless I've just missed him in the Rising Stones every time. Or wait was he in the Waking Sands? It's been so many years. lol

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, as a big Gundam fan, I really liked the G-Warrior, lol

It has both the Trans-Am system from the 00 series and Nu Gundam's fin funnel barrier!

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
My theory on the Azem crystal is that it was Emet Selch who made it in secret. Hythlodaeus was definitely friends with Azem, but Emet is the one who orchestrated the crystal trail through Hythlodaeus's shade, and is the one who throughout ShB constantly referred to WoL as if they went way back, in an intimate manner, was visibly upset when he realized that friendship would never be the same as it was and that their ideals were opposite, and is the one who shows up to help when WoL needs it in the ascian rift. As Elidibus shows at the end when clutching the crystals of the former convocation, old bonds of friendship don't die so easily, even if seemingly forgotten.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
My theory on the Azem crystal is that it was Emet Selch who made it in secret. Hythlodaeus was definitely friends with Azem, but Emet is the one who orchestrated the crystal trail through Hythlodaeus's shade, and is the one who throughout ShB constantly referred to WoL as if they went way back, in an intimate manner, was visibly upset when he realized that friendship would never be 8the same as it was and that their ideals were opposite, and is the one who shows up to help when WoL needs it in the ascian rift. As Elidibus shows at the end when clutching the crystals of the former convocation, old bonds of friendship don't die so easily, even if seemingly forgotten.
Would totally like to see Emet Selch again. Seeing him in the trial was a nice touch.

Cybit

Oct 25, 2017
At the end, when they make the comment about the next fight being the last one on this star, I maintain that we haven't stopped the 8th umbral calamity yet. It sounds like Zenos is going to burn the world down to end 5.4/5.5 before the new expansion?

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
I just want Zodiark to be revealed that he's actually a little baby dragon thing like FFXII. That was the funniest shit that this tiny little creature was wreaking havoc and it would be even more hilarious in XIV lore if that was the source of all our troubles.

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
I just want Zodiark to be revealed that he's actually a little baby dragon thing like FFXII. That was the funniest shit that this tiny little creature was wreaking havoc and it would be even more hilarious in XIV lore if that was the source of all our troubles.
I believe 100% that XIV Zodiark normal form will be the shrimp. Probably change to its serpentine form on phase 2 or something.

Oswen

Oct 25, 2017
Not a fan of Zenos but him eating Zodiark just like he did for Shinryu and us being blessed one last time for a final fight by a dying Hydaelin would be sooo predictable, I wonder if Fandaniel is going to throw a Kefka at him at some point.
He probably will.

Next expansion being the "last" may sound sad but a firm ending for the main storyline probably needs to happen, I wonder what we are getting after that though, new "continents" with their own subplots for a few more expansions like XI? One can only hope.

Risev

Oct 27, 2017
I think the only way they could make Zenos work is having him be FFXIV's version of Hisoka from Hunter X Hunter. I mean, he's basically Joker and Hisoka, except without any of the personality.

Don't make him the real villain. Have him be an evil rival that will sometimes side alongside us against other shit.

Otherwise he's so boring, and will never hold our interest in the story as a follow-up to Emet-Selch and Elidibus.

Then again, they managed to make Elidibus interesting, so I'm still holding out on hope.

Ruruja

Oct 25, 2017
Little tip - talk to Unukalhai after you're done with the story. Ask him to talk about himself again and he will talk about his feelings after he learned you defeated Elidibus

Also, and probably a more obvious one, if you talk to G'raha Tia in the Rising Stones after the last quest; you can show him a minion of the Exarch, you get a nice little cutscene.

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
There's also some stuff with Urianger that raises some miiiiiighty interesting plot points. The Azim Steppes is a far more interesting zone after learning that the WoL sat in the seat of Azem. Especially with how Temulun talked to you while you were in that zone. The zone was written by Ishikawa, too.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
The zenos conversation in here is halarious

Ya'll : Man they will have to do this that and the third to make him work

The actual audience: " I like him because he's chaos incarnate"

Him not working is why he works for a lot of people. Not saying you all are wrong , Its just fucking funny