• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Anabolex

Mar 23, 2018
I'm level 68 and I am 3k away from my 3rd character.
The game is 1 year old and had plenty of double xp weekends where you could easily climb 10-20 levels a day or so. You can fault them for having 18€ dollar skins but not for being stingy with red currency. I have 200k and my friends who play a lot less than me could buy 10 legends as well.

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Fun reveal, but I didn't follow the initial Forge announcement. Seems like most people didn't like him so this was a nice turn of events for them.

What other context around this was there? I'd love to read up on all the hints and see why people were upset in the first place.

Heel

Oct 25, 2017
Fun reveal, but I didn't follow the initial Forge announcement. Seems like most people didn't like him so this was a nice turn of events for them.

What other context around this was there? I'd love to read up on all the hints and see why people were upset in the first place.

-Dataminers strongly pointed to Revenant being the next legend due to the abundance of code for the character and having previously appeared as an in-game host for their Halloween event.

-Respawn says Forge is the next legend in a developer stream last week, paired with other things coming next season.

-Cue disappointment.

It wasn't necessary Forge that was the disappointment, it was the expectation of another character. Respawn essentially used everyone's ill-gotten expectations against them and took ownership back of their reveals from dataminers. Would have went perfectly, but the YouTube video of this "swerve" was set to public momentarily a few days ago, with the thumbnail showing the stabbing...oof.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Good swerve but I honestly was prepping for Forge, makes me wonder if he'll get in once they jump back King's

Heel

Oct 25, 2017
Good swerve but I honestly was prepping for Forge, makes me wonder if he'll get in once they jump back King's

That's another wrinkle to this. Forge is a "real" character as far as having in-game abilities discovered by dataminers months ago.

Is he still coming? If so, when? Was the character scrapped and thus used as a scapegoat for this reveal?

Respawn has essentially taken back the wheel from dataminers and now dictates their own reveals and content. Their season still remains mystery with less than a week to go. Kudos to them.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
That's another wrinkle to this. Forge is a "real" character as far as having in-game abilities discovered by dataminers months ago.

Is he still coming? If so, when? Was the character scrapped and thus used as a scapegoat for this reveal?

Respawn has essentially taken back the wheel from dataminers and now dictates their own reveals and content. Their season still remains mystery with less than a week to go. Kudos to them.
It's the one year anniversary so it seems they will go hard for this one. I'm guessing we will get at least 2 new people.

Oct 26, 2017
They updated EA Website lol

EPTpBqIXUAQGgsw

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
We're still getting Forge. A melee character makes since, and all of his abilities were already data mined.

The real twist will be if Rev snaps the new sniper in half and pulls out the volt.

waxinlyrical

Oct 25, 2017
It wasn't necessary Forge that was the disappointment, it was the expectation of another character. Respawn essentially used everyone's ill-gotten expectations against them and took ownership back of their reveals from dataminers. Would have went perfectly, but the YouTube video of this "swerve" was set to public momentarily a few days ago, with the thumbnail showing the stabbing...oof.

That's what the person who leaked it says the source of the thumbnail is. I don't think that's actually where they got it from: