• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
So this just happened!

Which is VERY welcome, at least for me!
Bye Forge, you can stay dead for all I care! Hello Revenant, we've been expecting you, you cutie pie, have a seat and let's play together!

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry, I can't watch the video right now, but I'm dying for apex news. What happened?

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
It was obvious, Revenant was the actual new heroes not this dude.

Maybe they are going to release both, but Revenant is IN.
I'd bet they bring Forge back after "recuperating" and his body is all fucked up from corporate tinkering or something.

Hell, I could see them pulling a Robocop or something, like Hammond Robotics set up the hit on him to go ahead with some more ambitious military project.

Coolduderedux

Oct 25, 2017
So for someone like me that hasn't been paying attention to Apex in a few months, does this mean that the character they revealed the other day is out and this new dude from the leaks is in?

Wintermute

Oct 27, 2017
Hah that's great. Maybe add spoiler tag to title, I think people should get to see the video before seeing some of these comments that give the game away.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The animation is bizarre.

I don't really follow Apex, so this new character had a negative reception and they decided to cancel him? Is the person that assassinates him the new character? Was this planned all along? (I assume it was planned due to the time needed to create/plan the animation.)

Hyperfludd

Oct 27, 2017
Well dang, didn't see that coming. Also really loved how well animated this was!

I kinda wanted a punchy in your face legend but ah well. Revenant looks cool too.

Falcon511

Oct 27, 2017
This was pretty cool. Although I figured Revenant would make an appearance as he was doing the Halloween event. At least it was his voice.

hydruxo

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017

I don't really follow Apex, so this new character had a negative reception and they decided to cancel him? Is the person that assassinates him the new character? Was this planned all along? (I assume it was planned due to the time needed to create/plan the animation.)

It was definitely planned from the start

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver

This was clearly the plan. The time to animate this short is telling enough that this was in the cooker for a while.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Hah that's great. Maybe add spoiler tag to title, I think people should get to see the video before seeing some of these comments that give the game away.

Oh right, I added a Spoiler tag to the title, thanks for the suggestion!

Not really that surprising when one character is in the game files and the other isn't

You're right, spoilers kinda lose their surprising effect when people happen to look for them and spoiler themselves about them in the first place, heh, who would have thought.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
They gotta stop making these cool-looking, edgy characters because now everyone is going to fight over playing them. Please make less appealing characters.

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
ah ah that was unexpected,and that's great .

playing Apex Legend again (stopped before the launch of the first season) and it's great fun.The new map is interesting,the game nights events were cool,and finally the season pass is decent.
i will probably buy the season 4 pass.

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
If you visit Sorting Factory where the interview was held, you can find Forge's death box and get a weapon charm from it. The crime scene is pretty damn bloody.

MisterB_66

Oct 27, 2017
If you visit Sorting Factory where the interview was held, you can find Forge's death box and get a weapon charm from it. The crime scene is pretty damn bloody.

Wonder how many drops it's going to take to get there and collect it.

Also I'm kind of sad they dropped the melee idea, I mean the character would probably be bad but would have been fun to try out.

AwesomeSauce

Oct 25, 2017
Forge is likely to be coming back. There's leaked code of his abilities from Data miners.

Last edited:

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
Forge is likely to being coming back. There's leaked code of his abilities from Data miners.

Let's also not forget that Revenant himself seems to all about the undead/blurring lines between life and death, and his abilities that were datamined imply something about revising other players. Maybe Rev himself plays a part in bring Forge back if Forge is indeed playable.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't kept up with Apex at all since Season 2, but this certainly explains why they were advertising Forge with stuff like stories of him sexually harassing Bangalore.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Heard Greg and Blessing talk about this on KFGD. Sounds pretty neat. I haven't played much of the game in a long time, but maybe I'll boot it up tonight and try to find that death box.

DWarriorSN

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PA
Can they bamboozle me by adding King's Canyon back permanently? I haven't kept up with the game ever since they replaced it with the sad excuse for a map that is World's Edge.

OT I liked the idea of a brawler hero even to it prolly wouldn't have worked

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
Oh right, I added a Spoiler tag to the title, thanks for the suggestion!

You're right, spoilers kinda lose their surprising effect when people happen to look for them and spoiler themselves about them in the first place, heh, who would have thought.
These Christmas gifts are cool I guess, but they lost a lot of their magic when I creeped into my parents room and saw them all hidden in their closet.

Gamers love doing that, haha.

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
New legend looks pretty cool. I stopped playing the game because I got tired of battle royales and also having to play on a squad all the time for this game.