• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
m.youtube.com

Splitgate Open Beta Trailer | PlayStation, Xbox, and PC July 13th with Cross-Play!

Splitgate is a FREE-TO-PLAY, sci-fi themed, competitive multiplayer shooter featuring a portal combat mechanic delivering high-flying and fast-paced combat. ...

Played it on console this evening. Thought it was really fun. It's that portal meets halo game. Thought a new thread might open it up to some new eyes.

Never even heard of it before. Will give it a shot. Thanks OP!

jediyoshi

Oct 25, 2017
Surprised this is still kicking around, I remember following my friend play this what felt like ages ago on PC.

oriic

Prophet of Truth - Press
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Hungary
I've been playing it daily since the first day of open beta (Xbox Series X) It's a Halo rip-off with portal gun and all the known weapons. (AR, BR, etc.)

The only problem I have with it is the menu and the obtainable skins, which are very similar to Fortnite style, but I like the core game. Instagib, Swat and Team Shotty Snipers modes are the best. :D

dreamstation

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Yea I checked it out on PS5 the other day and it's actually really fun. The portal mechanic can really open up opportunities that you don't see in other games. I believe half of the players in the lobby were bots though so not sure the playerbase is all that big.

dreamstation

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
As I've noticed, you can play with BOTs before you reach a certain level, but later on you'll have to fight only real players. (No BOTs in Ranked mode)
I was only playing casual. Not interested in playing ranked as a solo player. I wasn't choosing to play with BOTS, they were just there to fill up the lobby. Seems like the playerbase in my region (Australia) is super low.

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018
I was only playing casual. Not interested in playing ranked as a solo player. I wasn't choosing to play with BOTS, they were just there to fill up the lobby. Seems like the playerbase in my region (Australia) is super low.
Sometimes you see people and think they are bots, then you realize they have a PSN profile. This game is number one trending on PSN right now so hopefully the good word of mouth continues.

oriic

Prophet of Truth - Press
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Hungary
I think it doesn't matter what region you live in. I live in the EU, in the early games I noticed that I was playing against BOTs even when crossplay was turned on. I think this is so that players have enough experience of success initially.

EXXo

Nov 12, 2019
Manchester
Alot of people dont realise the game is FULL of bots that use names, I am convinced, the PC version had bots, look at the way they move and act.

Example was playing on PC, got insta queued, realised they was bots and checked how many people were playing in the last hour and it was under 10 people.

Miker

Oct 25, 2017
Just booted it up and I can't seem to match into a casual game. Not sure if it's due to server issues or what.

tripleg

Alt Account
Banned
Jul 30, 2020
I've been playing it daily since the first day of open beta (Xbox Series X) It's a Halo rip-off with portal gun and all the known weapons. (AR, BR, etc.)

The only problem I have with it is the menu and the obtainable skins, which are very similar to Fortnite style, but I like the core game. Instagib, Swat and Team Shotty Snipers modes are the best. :D

That's uh... a little more than a halo 'vibe'.

Freedonia

Oct 27, 2017
I was playing this a month or so ago on PC. It's pretty good, weapons don't feel quite as good as Halo, but the portal opportunities are awesome and open up fights in interesting ways. Good traditional mp style game

dodo

Oct 27, 2017
the uh. inspirations are blatant, but there's no denying they're two flavors that taste good together. been having a lot of fun playing this recently. the portal mechanics really make for some mind-bending ways to approach map control.

my main hope is that they can decide on an aesthetic and give the game a less haphazard coat of paint. the menus are fortnite's, the post-game screen is overwatch's, and of course the game itself is halortal. with an art direction of its own i think this could be really great.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
It definitely has picked up on downloads which is a good thing.

venturebeat.com

Portal-style shooter Splitgate surpasses 600,000 downloads on console in first week

Splitgate is a hit on consoles despite the crowded free-to-play shooter market on Xbox and PlayStation consoles.
Great number, just hope it can sustain. Seems like there's zero actual advertising. No streamers or anything like that playing which would be huge because the game is actually surprisingly fun.

OP
OP
Stoney Mason

Stoney Mason

Oct 25, 2017
Great number, just hope it can sustain. Seems like there's zero actual advertising. No streamers or anything like that playing which would be huge because the game is actually surprisingly fun.
For me honestly it just kinda has to sustain until Halo Infinite comes and I will most likely bounce to that but I do wish the game the best. Sure its derivative but it scratches an itch and especially for playstation players who can't play Halo.

Miker

Oct 25, 2017
Just how many bots are there in your early games? Because I played three matches and had 4 deaths, 4 deaths, and 2 deaths in games to 50 kills.

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Just downloaded the Xbox version, although apparently the servers are overloaded so I can't seem to play

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
I remember seeing this a few years ago, it looks better now. Still, the skill-gap seems enormous on this. I'm normally okay with FPS shooters but I'm half scared of even trying this haha.

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
Got to try it out the other day on series x. Game is legit pretty fun, and the portal mechanic leads to some pretty interesting encounters and allows you to shoot people through it like you're in another dimension or something lol. Portal Peaking is a really fun way to fight.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
The game is great. I just don't like the art-style. But everything else is quality arena shooter stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.