• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
D_HpnkaVUAIZZal.jpg%3Alarge

Article is locked behind a paywall.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
Tracking your eye movement to understand the best placement for Russian-backed political ads.

I wonder if these are new games/stories or old games rebuilt for VR.

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
Assassin's Creed and Splinter Cell VR sounds fun as hell

Buncha lame-ass VR hate in here

Ailanthium

Oct 27, 2017
Assassin's Creed and Splinter Cell VR sounds fun as hell

Buncha lame-ass VR hate in here

It's probably less about virtual reality and more about Facebook and Mark Zuckerberg. They've been caught doing some pretty scummy things and I think people are rightly skeptical of the company's initiatives.

BeaconofTruth

Dec 30, 2017
VR sucks, hard no thanks. Give me an actual Splinter Cell pls, no auto movement shit, no mark n execute, an actual stealth game pls.

Ebullientprism

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
pls zuckerberg make it a proper game and not vr and i will donate to whatever charity that is working for conservation of endangered lizards

pls

JayWood2010

Oct 27, 2017
Id play Splinter Cell in VR. Not a fan of Facebook though... Do you have to go to facebook to play games they make, or is it a seperate thing? Sorry if this is a dumb question

Blackage

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Splinter Cell VR would be dope when we have that Sword Art Online tech irl and it's actually that immersive.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
VR version of Assassin creed? Would it just be all the animus bullshit no one cares about?

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This is great news, and should help reduce the noise about how theres a lack of AAA VR gamds

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If this comes true, I think many people here will have lesser excuses now to not try VR now that there are more and more VR AAA titles

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
I mean I wish my deceased loved ones were alive again but if they're going to reanimate as zombies and eat my face, I'd rather they just stay dead.

DarthBuzzard

Banned
Jul 17, 2018
How can people even complain about this? They're not buying Ubisoft. They're just buying exclusive deals for games that would never be made otherwise.

In other words, it hurts no one. There is zero reason to dislike this other than because people are selfish.

DarthBuzzard

Banned
Jul 17, 2018
VR?
Then is not a SC game then.
I'll pass.
Pretty bad take. That's no different than saying the Metal Gear Solid franchise isn't Metal Gear because Metal Gear started out as 2D.

VR sucks, hard no thanks. Give me an actual Splinter Cell pls, no auto movement shit, no mark n execute, an actual stealth game pls.
I take it you've have never tried VR before then. It has produced some of this generation's highest rated games, which would make it critically the opposite of 'suck'. Fan reception is also overwhelmingly positive on all fronts.

Oct 25, 2017
How can people even complain about this? They're not buying Ubisoft. They're just buying exclusive deals for games that would never be made otherwise.

In other words, it hurts no one. There is zero reason to dislike this other than because people are selfish.

VR platform wars are still pretty bitter and I'm not surprised, as someone with a Rift and no PS4 it's sometimes sad to see an exclusive you won't have. Multiple headsets is a tough sell.

That said, I do think exclusives are necessary to push real development in the space and fully utilize the systems. A bankrolled game can be ported down-the-road, but a game not made can't be played on anything.