• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York

(EDIT)
Full Article:

Facebook has snagged two made-for-VR Ubisoft titles. Virtual reality versions of Assassin's Creed and Splinter Cell are coming to Oculus. Facebook made the announcement during its Connect event today.

Ubisoft will develop the VR versions of both games. They'll be built from the ground up but will stay true to both franchises. Ubisoft's other VR titles include Eagle Flint, Werewolves Within and Star Trek Bridge Crew, all of which are available on Oculus. We don't know yet when the new games will arrive.

Ubisoft is already working on Assassin's Creed Valhalla, which will arrive the same day as the Xbox Series S and X launch. Meanwhile, Netflix is reportedly developing a Splinter Cell series.

Source

Antiax

Oct 27, 2017
53bibukrcl821.jpg

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
I'm thinking Thief in VR could be really fun. Hl Alyx had the "digging through drawers for loot" just right.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
I'm just saying, Chaos Theory "Remake" in VR would be pretty sweet... (would avoid fan backlash since its the same game again for new gen XD)

Are there other VR gams that give you the same range of actions as Splinter Cell? Like how does hanging upside down work?
Espire 1 has more similarities to MGS stealth but it has its Splinter Cell moments.

Feb 5, 2020
I'm mostly interested in the scale of these games. Are we talkin' about some smaller budget titles or a bigger scope one like Alyx (well, not exactly like Alyx but you catch my drift)

KDR_11k

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Are there other VR gams that give you the same range of actions as Splinter Cell? Like how does hanging upside down work?
Most likely you'd be hanging from one hand rather than upside down since that's more natural but technically they could give you a context sensitive "upside down" action, as long as the transition isn't like having the world spin around you it should be safe.

May 15, 2019
Does anyone even think Ubisoft would make a good Splinter Cell nowadays? Every HD title was either bad or a way more generic stealth that didn't utilize any of the things that made SC unique.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
I genuinely couldn't care less about VR and it bums me out that this is the new SC thing. An entire generation without a new one. Damn.

FrsDvl

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe if it's like Moss or Astrobot it could be okay. Look down upon the world while navigating as Sam. I can't see this working any other way.