• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 54320

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 28, 2019
London
Damn, it's beautiful. I honestly can't wait to download them all once I get home. That and the King Kong game.

Hoping that co-op game mode in Chaos Theory will work in some form or other.

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
It is still Not available for me. Do you need the disc or will they be available digital?

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Wow. It always was a great looking game, but that's a bigger improvement than I'd expected.

Deleted member 54320

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
London
Off topic but the King Kong game is BC too?? lol

I got every achievement in that game but for nostalgia's sake might give it a go again.

Looking forward to playing CT though. Damn.
I'm pretty sure it is. I only ever played the PS2 version and was pissed as a kid, seeing how good the 360 version looks. Looking forward to giving these gams another ride.

Malcolm9

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Does MS still increase the price once they add BC? If you own the original disc it's no problem obviously.

Ohhhht

Oct 29, 2017
Ohhhh baby!!! Watching that footage.... and I can almost feel the duke in my hands!!

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
Chaos Theory is so fucking good. I may have to get an Xbox just to play older games like this and Oblivion.

verygooster

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Oh wow the Xbox version of DA is BC too. I remember that being slightly different from the 360 version but was still pretty good too. (I don't think it had the trust system?)

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
It's a real nice upgrade

4Axwch4.png

Mesharey

Dec 7, 2017
Kuwait
The only Splinter Cell game that I didn't play during PS2/Xbox era, I've been waiting for it to be on Xbox One X, so excited!

OP
OP

Deleted member 12447

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
I wish they would remaster the PS2/GC/Xbox version of Double Agent for PS4/XOne & PC. Why do we have to have/keep that dumped down version of SC? :( The inherently better game of those two isn't available for any modern platform.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
How do these compare to the ps3 hd versions?

They don't have achievements or a full 16x9 display in all cases, but unlike the PS3 collection these are based on the Xbox versions of the game and not the scaled back PS2 releases. The games also run at a higher resolution (near 1080p on XB1, near 4K on the X) than the PS3 set.

I wish they would remaster the PS2/GC/Xbox version of Double Agent for PS4/XOne & PC. Why do we have to have/keep that dumped down version of SC? :( The inherently better game of those two isn't available for any modern platform.

Double Agent (Xbox) is included in this final BC wave. It's essentially an HD/4K remaster.

Roukira

Dec 1, 2018
France, Paris
Damn I wish Microsoft would do a sort of upgrade program like this for old Windows games that barely run well nowadays on Windows 10 (or sometimes won't even boot). I want to replay the old Splinter Cell games now.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
They don't have achievements or a full 16x9 display in all cases, but unlike the PS3 collection these are based on the Xbox versions of the game and not the scaled back PS2 releases. The games also run at a higher resolution (near 1080p on XB1, near 4K on the X) than the PS3 set.

I thought the PS3 collection was PC ports? Wiki and PSBlog both say PC ports

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
It includes:
2 Mission Packs (split-screen co-op missions): Nuclear Plant and UN Headquarters
2 Map Packs (split-screen multi-player maps): Polar Base and Steel Squat

Is that everything?

Yes, that's everything! That's fucking rad. This version just shot up to being the best version you can play as you can now play the full co-op campaign. The PC version is great but it can be kind of a pain to track down the dlc and before this X1 version the PC version was the only way to play the dlc.

LordFish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I replay this every few years on PC, absolute classic. I envy you young folk who get to experience this for the first time.