• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

You are Team...

• Mayo

Votes: 154 41.4%
  • Ketchup

Votes: 218 58.6%

• Total voters

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah

It's time for a good old Splatfest to return! Will be here from May 22 to 24!

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
God damn what a crazy set of announcements Nintendo has had in the last 48 hours.

fd8.gif

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, wonder if they're gonna have a free trial, like ARMS did right before their event thing?

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

Like with ARMS, it's good to see Nintendo giving these events another go (even if it's a one-off according to the tweet).

Source: Nintendo Versus (Twitter)

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Worthing noting that a 7-day Online subscription is available between that period too, so anyone can join in.

I'm still done with Splatoon 2 though. 1 and a half years was enough for me lol

The Doctor

Jan 17, 2018
Good on Nintendo delivering this week-free trials*.
This is a game people on the fence should definitely try.
The splatfest is a nice surprise, I had to read it twice to believe it!

*wish it happened more frequently tho

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
First ARMS and now this, huh?

It's a smart thing to do, especially with how Switch has been selling gangbusters lately. There's a ton of new Switch owners they can reach with this.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Redoing old splatfests is so obvious that I'm surprised they never did it before (or I would be if it wasn't Nintendo).

PhantomArtifice

Lead Administrator at Final Weapon
Verified
Apr 24, 2019
USA
Crazy to see Nintendo all of the sudden bring back ARMS and Splatoon 2 of sorts these past two months. Definitely will be participating in the Splatfest.

Barely Able

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Of all the splatfests to bring back, it had to be this one. Hopefully they rotate around the shifty stations to the whole set for this.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Mix those 2 and you've got a great dressing, we figured that shit out years ago.
I read there will be a demo? If so I might try it as I don't have the game and haven't played Splatoon other than those 10 mins I tried it at a friend's house.

Barely Able

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Mix those 2 and you've got a great dressing, we figured that shit out years ago.
I read there will be a demo? If so I might try it as I don't have the game and haven't played Splatoon other than those 10 mins I tried it at a friend's house.
If you look for my post toward the top it has all the tweets embedded with the info.

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Wow, I bought the Switch when the final Splatfest happened, but got the game a lot latter to only play it this month lol I'm happy have the chance to play a Splatfest.

CKT

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Feb 1, 2020
hard to pick, am I bloody man or a seaman

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
People who choose ketchup put it on their steaks! Remember to throw trash at these people!

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
Either this is "wow we have a lot of new Switch owners, let's remind them of our expansive catalog!" Or "Remind them of Splatoon because we're about to announce a new one!"

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
*heavy breathing*

FUCK YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I hope something big Splatoon related is coming soon