• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
I've had it on my radar since it was announced but I didn't think it was going to release out of nowhere.
Same here lol. I've been waiting for this game since it was revealed and when I saw a review posted on SIFTD earlier today I was like "Wait, when's this release? T-t-today?!"

Played a little bit of it earlier and I can see myself getting really sucked into it.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
Dropped 30 min. in the demo and then 1 hour into Steam version.

I'm absolutely in love. What a great time for an uplifting game like this.

It's just firing on all cylinders between the glorious, colorful presentation, wonderful soundtrack & moving story. Game mechanics feel super good too in structure and control.

Also surprised to see it's 120 fps on PC. Crazy fluid in motion.

V_Ben

Larian Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
St Albans, UK
Following up, I posted the issue on the Discord. Someone else mentioned the following, that it likely could be Game Pass / Windows Store:

Seems to be a common occurrence with Game Pass/Xbox on PC games. The same thing was happening with people playing Ori and the Will of the Wisps, ReCore, and Streets of Rage 4. This is a bizarre Windows 10 problem with cloud saves not syncing properly, so it doesn't know where to find them. To my knowledge, the only real way around it is to play the game offline.
Thanks for checking for me! That's good to know I'm not the only one...

Woylie

May 9, 2018
When I found out this was on Gamepass I've never downloaded a game faster

Very excited to try it out this week

xeroborn55

Oct 27, 2017
picked it up on steam. the animation is stunning and the game seems very charming.

I really wanted the switch version but 30 fps vs 120 fps...

MetalKhaos

Oct 31, 2017
picked it up on steam. the animation is stunning and the game seems very charming.

I really wanted the switch version but 30 fps vs 120 fps...

I mean, unless 30fps bothers you that much, it's not like the game demands it. I purchased it on Switch and plays just fine in my opinion after being in the beta for the Steam version for some time.

AnimeJesus

Oct 27, 2017
Playing on Xbox Game Pass...when does this game save? I Saved and quit after I got my boat earlier and when I came back I had to start a new game. I just replayed and got to Alberts island but I'm hesitant to save and quit again.

MetalKhaos

Oct 31, 2017
Playing on Xbox Game Pass...when does this game save? I Saved and quit after I got my boat earlier and when I came back I had to start a new game. I just replayed and got to Alberts island but I'm hesitant to save and quit again.

Sounds like an odd issue. They have a Discord that you can go and post the bug if you're inclined. I believe it should save by the time you get to Albert's. Or y'know, when you Save and Quit. Game has an auto-save feature, so it should just come up to Continue when you go back into the game.

AnimeJesus

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds like an odd issue. They have a Discord that you can go and post the bug if you're inclined. I believe it should save by the time you get to Albert's. Or y'know, when you Save and Quit. Game has an auto-save feature, so it should just come up to Continue when you go back into the game.

Just got past the Jelly Fish part and built a kitchen and Save and Quit worked this time. I'm guessing Albert's is probably the first autosave then.

Charming game.

MetalKhaos

Oct 31, 2017
Just got past the Jelly Fish part and built a kitchen and Save and Quit worked this time. I'm guessing Albert's is probably the first autosave then.

Charming game.

Awesome, glad it worked without issue this go around for you. Reminds me of my experience with Nier. I started downloading it as it was on Game Pass, decided to start it up when it would let you while the rest was going. Then came to find out you can't save until you get through the first level, which is fine. What wasn't fine was that even after waiting for the game to finish, i still couldn't continue. I've had no desire to go through all of that again.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
how exactly do i get a fully upgraded kitchen? i need to recruit someone in the hummington or whatever it's called and the only one who even talks to me wants an upgraded kitchen b ut idk how to do that

Haribo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
when your sea mates get serious out of nowhere about their old lives, it hits different

edit:
how exactly do i get a fully upgraded kitchen? i need to recruit someone in the hummington or whatever it's called and the only one who even talks to me wants an upgraded kitchen b ut idk how to do that
when you go to the blueprint station, there should be an option to "inspect" your deck structures, click on the kitchen and it tells you the materials needed to upgrade.

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
Ended up playing for nearly 5 hours tonight on Switch... oops! Lost track of time.

But yeah, I'm very in love with this game.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
when your sea mates get serious out of nowhere about their old lives, it hits different

edit:

when you go to the blueprint station, there should be an option to "inspect" your deck structures, click on the kitchen and it tells you the materials needed to upgrade.
on what screen? i'm at the blueprint and it says edit or build. then i have the option to edit by selecting the kitchen but i can only move the kitchen on my ship OR salvage it. nowhere does it say inspect

Haribo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
on what screen? i'm at the blueprint and it says edit or build. then i have the option to edit by selecting the kitchen but i can only move the kitchen on my ship OR salvage it. nowhere does it say inspect
You may have to complete more objectives from the first mate. I think I know where you are and that particular person isn't the one you can recruit just yet. Try the next island they suggested.

Nov 21, 2017
USA
Gonna play this on Gamepass when I finish Ghost of Tsushima! Gives me Pyre vibes in a way, and Pyre is one of my all time favorites.

Mocha

Dec 9, 2017
Dip and got it for the switch, played for 20mins, yea this game is incredibly charming. Tho I'm def getting annoyed of the repeated sounds while reading the text.

Jun 20, 2019
From everything I can see the Switch version framerate is flawless on handheld. I've been through weather effects and heavy particle spam at the jellyfish locations and it seems rock steady.

Dude the cat plays with the ball. Do you guys see it rolling around? And it helps you chop wood. And and and the name of the cat is Daffodil. And and and and and the load screen has a cat in the bottom right
And when you jump into the water, she follows, but balances on the ball, to not be in the water. The love for details is fucking amazing!

prodyg

Oct 28, 2017
I tried on gamepass (Xbox) and bought on switch

am I crazy or it's 60fps on Xbox and 30 on switch ? Felt much smoother on Xbox

regretting m'y order on switch a bit now
Yes it's 30 on switch and 60 on Xbox, but that shouldn't surprise you at all.

Gonna try it on gamepass rn, if I like it I might just use that discount.

Varixio

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone know how to get Oak? I only find maple so far.

Edit: found it!

Last edited:

Bugalugs214

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
I'm in love with the sunsets and sunrises in this game, it's so well done!
Really loving how it's not fiddly to stuff around in menus or weapon wheels to tend to plants. I'm only a few hours in but it doesn't seem like there's bag space limitations either? So less time messing around or worrying about what to pick up.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Ok I was awaiting this game for some time but didn't expect a release out of nowhere without a previous announcement! It was a nice surprise having it available just like that yesterday, because I was having a kinda bleak day, so I had that to look forward to: trying it out later in the evening.

So I fired the game up with my half pizza and I was instantly in awe with the awakening animation in the boat with Charon, the ambience, music and dialogue... all very charming. And the game literally brightened up my day.

I also didn't expect it to have so much management aspects, and I don't really play that kind of games, but I ended up playing until late when I was supposed to be in bed already (I had 3 passengers already, love the uncle). I had a lot of fun and I hope it just adds more and more things. I'm a bit afraid of the management and upgrading and shit but if the locations and characters come and go all the time, and there's some exploring and new mechanics and more platforming, I can easily see myself finishing this and loving it.

edit: hug timer is a bummer lol, at least we have Daffodil.
edit 2: I also need an upgraded kitchen! I can only put one unique ingredient at a time in the oven and that's crearly not the goal judging by the loads of recipes in the tab.