• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zaubrer

Oct 16, 2018

Creators of hand-drawn indie experiences Thunder Lotus return with their unique third production: "Spiritfarer," a cozy management game about dying. You play Stella, ferrymaster to the deceased. Build a boat to explore the world, care for your spirit friends, and finally release them into the afterlife. Farm, mine, fish, harvest, cook, and craft your way across mystical seas, as you learn how to say goodbye to your cherished friends.

Releasing to both Xbox Game Passes, PS4, Nintendo Switch, Mac and Linux in 2020.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
The trailer was wholesome enough, now that I know the premise, I'm super excited for this game.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This was easily, easily the highlight of the presentation for me. It looks so incredibly tuned to my tastes that I can't believe it

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
"cozy" management game about dying"

I mean.. creative is a word to use here

Deleted member 36622

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 21, 2017
The most interesting game from the Xbox conference, good that is coming to the Switch so i can play it on the go.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I thought it was the prettiest looking game in he press conference. I'd rather have more colorful, stylized games like this, than "realistic" looking games that all look the same.

Revali

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Rito Village
Spiritfarer was my favorite game shown at Microsoft's conference. Here's hoping it's an early 2020 release. Most of the other games looked same-y to me style-wise, and way too many zombie/post-apocalyptic/dreary stuff. This was a breath of fresh air.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
That looked fantastic. 100% my game (style) at the moment. Love building, managing, relationship management stuff. I'm so in.

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it looked pretty good. Learning it's a game about death completely changed the way I was looking at the trailer too.

Informative OP from merged thread

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada

From the developer:
*Available in 2020 with Xbox Game Pass for PC and Console, Xbox One, Windows PC, PlayStation®4, Nintendo Switch, Mac and Linux!** Spiritfarer is a cozy management game about dying. As ferrymaster to the deceased, build a boat to explore the world, care for your spirit friends, and guide them across mystical seas to finally release them into the afterlife. What will you leave behind?

This game has been announced today from Microsoft's press conference, and I'm surprised no one in the audience cheered. It looks like a really cute and wholesome adventure/management game, and quite honestly, I'm more excited for this than anything else shown. Two of the selling points are how you can build/customize your ship with different shop-keeps and travelers, and the premise with building relationship with these adorable weirdo's (and seeing them eventually pass on to the afterlife) really hit home with me.

I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for this one!

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
Yeah this one instantly caught my eye. Beautiful game.

And now that I know what it's about it's an day one purchase for sure

Akumatica

Oct 25, 2017
It looks great!
This, Way to the Woods, Tales of Arise & DBZ: Kakarot were the only games that interested me during Microsoft's conference.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
This is so nice looking. Easily one of the best parts of the show for me.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This blew me away. Instantly shot to the top of my mind for things I want to play.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Someone in the conference thread said this looked cheap and made we wanna tap out. This looks so goddamn charming.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Catching up on the Microsoft conference, saw this trailer, went to look it up on Steam and read the line "Spiritfarer is a cozy management game about dying."

Guys, if I can't even make it through the game description without tearing up, what the hell chance do I have when this game actually releases? I'm very into this but I might be a blubbering wreck by the end.