• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Translated Novella for the Urashima Woman (originally published via Famitsu)

Akselziys

Aksys Games
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
Noisy Pixel has put up the Spirit Hunter: NG Urashima Woman novella/short story Prologue Chapter up for everyone to read here:

It contains spoilers for the Urashima Woman and details their past and what happened to them.
It was a short story that Famitsu posted the Japanese version for around when Spirit Hunter: NG came out in Japan.

Altogether it consists of the Prologue chapter and 5 standard chapters as well, which should be posted each day forward via Noisy Pixel.

Take a read... If you dare... ;)

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
I downloaded NG on Switch however I wanted to play Death Mark first so I'm currently on Chapter 5 in that. It was 50% off on Steam so I got it there.

It's sorta a meh game. For those that played both, is NG a big improvement over Death Mark? I don't even find it that scary or unsettling, tbh.

OP
OP
takoyaki

takoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Spirit Hunter: NG has developed quite the fanart following ...

2i1jie.jpg

source

110vk3k.jpg

source

19bjvk.jpg

source

3q3k6u.jpg

source

4obk69.jpg

source

5p8kvd.jpg

source

67fk50.jpg

source

7e5kj1.jpg

source

8vgjm2.jpg

source

9gfk7p.jpg

source

1024jfj.jpg

source

12j4k94.jpg

source

133wjwh.jpg
source

Share them if you find some more that you like.
Happy Halloween! 🎃

Last edited:

Akselziys

Aksys Games
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
Chapter 2 of the Spirit Hunter: NG Urashima Woman novella/short story is now up :)

Just 3 more chapters remaining to unveil the full backstory of the Urashima Woman ;)

And here are the other chapters so far in case you missed them:

Prologue Chapter

Chapter 1

Spirit Hunter: NG has developed quite the fanart following ...

That's all really awesome fanart! Hope to see more :D!

Akselziys

Aksys Games
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
Chapter 3 of the Spirit Hunter: NG Urashima Woman novella/short story is now up :)

Just 2 more chapters remaining to unveil the full backstory of the Urashima Woman ;)

Prologue Chapter

Chapter 1

Chapter 2

Loving all the fan art! Thanks for the links, Takoyaki! :)

OP
OP
takoyaki

takoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
In case you missed it, EXP shared some new details and a working title (Shibito Magire -Yashiki Kazuo Kaiitan-) for the third Spirit Hunter game over the weekend:

1l5kl6.jpg

Gematsu has a write-up of all the different backer tiers:

Loving all the fan art! Thanks for the links, Takoyaki! :)
Sure thing, there's some really good ones for Death Mark as well. You can check out more fanart for both games right here.

Akselziys

Aksys Games
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
Chapter 4 of the Spirit Hunter: NG Urashima Woman novella/short story is now up :)

Only the last chapter remaining to unveil the full backstory of the Urashima Woman ;)

Prologue Chapter

Chapter 1

Chapter 2

Chapter 3

Akselziys

Aksys Games
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
Chapter 5, the final chapter of the Spirit Hunter: NG Urashima Woman novella/short story is now up :)

Now the full back story of the Urashima Woman is revealed!
We hoped you enjoyed learning about her struggle and that it gives greater meaning to experiencing her story in the game! :D

And here are all the previous chapters in case you missed them:

Prologue Chapter

Chapter 1

Chapter 2

Chapter 3

Chapter 4

One final post with NG fanart.
Thanks, Takoyaki! Once again, really amazing art all around! :)

OP
OP
takoyaki

takoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Experience successfully crowdfunded the third Spirit Hunter game - Shibito Magire - last week. To celebrate, there are some great sales on the previous two games going on right now:

eshop US & EU: Death Mark is currently $19.99 instead of $49.99 and NG is on sale for the first time ever (50% off, $24.99 instead of $49.99)

Same on US PSN for both PS4 & Vita: Death Mark 60% off, NG 50% off

dbcyber

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Picked up both Death Mark and NG with the sales this month. Finished DM and I really enjoyed it, first time I actually played a VN and it was eerie as hell, really great game.

A few hours into NG now, noticed the game doesn't let you take pictures on PS4 while it is possible to take pictures in DM. Not sure why they did that... Anyway I'm glad the 3rd one met all its stretch goals and I'll be sure to pick it up when it gets translated.

Bowl0l

Oct 27, 2017
The Spirit Hunter: NG Killer Peach novella/short story is now up :)

noisypixel.net

Noisy Pixel - Gaming, Etc.

Noisy Pixel stands as a vibrant consortium of passionate gamers and seasoned writers from diverse corners of the gaming world. Our mission is to offer readers authentic insights and perspectives, drawn from our direct experiences as enthusiastic players and aficionados within the industry.
(spoilers for Spirit Hunter: NG the game)

This is the full story release with all 5 chapters (see page selection at the bottom of the page)

This story delves into Killer Peach's back story and how she came to be. Hope you enjoy!
If the novel is available in Amazon Kindle store, I will buy it immediately.

Akselziys

Aksys Games
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
If the novel is available in Amazon Kindle store, I will buy it immediately.

Oh, both the Killer Peach short story and the previously released Urashima Woman short story were originally released on Famitsu's website when Spirit Hunter: NG came out in Japan.

The only way to read it currently is via website, but would have been neat if it was on Kindle :)

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
Does anyone know if you can play in Japanese by changing your system language? Seems to vary by game and not necessarily depend on the supported languages listed on the eShop.

OP
OP
takoyaki

takoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know if you can play in Japanese by changing your system language? Seems to vary by game and not necessarily depend on the supported languages listed on the eShop.
Just checked on Switch, the US cart version doesn't have Japanese text when you set the system language to Japanese. Not sure about the PS4 and Vita versions, but it's probably the same for those as well. NG came to Switch half a year later in Japan, that version has Japanese text but doesn't list English as an option on Amazon JP.

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
Just checked on Switch, the US cart version doesn't have Japanese text when you set the system language to Japanese. Not sure about the PS4 and Vita versions, but it's probably the same for those as well. NG came to Switch half a year later in Japan, that version has Japanese text but doesn't list English as an option on Amazon JP.
Thanks. I figured it wouldn't but then got my hopes up when Katamari didn't list Japanese but then supported it anyways. I was curious about trying to play in Japanese after watching Gab Smolders play through the first area. I might still try and setup a separate account to buy it through the Japan eShop.

OP
OP
takoyaki

takoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks. I figured it wouldn't but then got my hopes up when Katamari didn't list Japanese but then supported it anyways. I was curious about trying to play in Japanese after watching Gab Smolders play through the first area. I might still try and setup a separate account to buy it through the Japan eShop.
Setting up a foreign account is really easy and quick to do on Switch. Some foreign credit cards work, others don't. If yours doesn't then you can add eshop points with prepaid cards (e.g. from Play Asia) or via the eshop on a Japanese 3DS (which accepts all(?) credit cards for some reason).

I played in Japanese on Vita and would say the language difficulty isn't too bad. It's aimed at adult readers, there are some rare Kanji to make things sounds more ancient/spooky and one puzzle that will confuse you no matter the language. But you should be good if you already checked out Gab's video and understood the text.