• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Today Spike Chunsoft has posted a listing for a UI designer to work on an adventure game for PlayStation 4 and PC.One of the required job qualifications is "someone who likes the Danganronpa series." The other requirements are that the applicant has professional communication skills, as well as experience in UI creation for a console title or equivalent PC or browser title.

This means that Spike are either likely working on another Danganronpa Game or a similar Danganronpa game.

Velezcora

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Just let Danganronpa die already. Not every series should go on forever, even if fans want it to. There is artistic merit in closing a series.

Tailzo

Oct 27, 2017
I really like AI: the Somnium files, I wish they made more new stories like that instead of more Danganronpa.

Homura

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 20, 2019
SC knows they can't make a new DR without Kodaka so either he is back for another game or they're working on a spiritual successor.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
SC knows they can't make a new DR without Kodaka so either he is back for another game or they're working on a spiritual successor.
He does have a project going there:

Too-Kyo-Games_09-11-18_Concept-Art_004-600x424.jpg

Project #4 (Game), Tagline: "A Spike Chunsoft x Too Kyo Games Dark Fantasy-Esque Mystery." Seems to be the usual team he has worked with:

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like they killed ruined Danganronpa for a lot of people with every project after the second game.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I would love more Danganronpa but V3 made a good case that the world doesn't need more Danganronpa. Hope it's still a mystery game though.

Oct 25, 2017
V3 felt like it really closed out classic Danganronpa for me, so while I'd be interested in seeing a new game in the series, it would have to be really new (no Monokuma, no Junko, no Hope vs Despair as a theme of the game). Anything else would really be betraying what made V3 such a fantastic game.