• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Javier23

Oct 28, 2017
I vastly prefer it to Leon's, she's just a more innately likable character too imo.
What's the difference anyway, besides the weapons and the brief orphanate/sewers section? Like, I haven't yet played the first scenario with both characters (planning to do it soon) but even on normal A and B playthrough the differences weren't massive.

Sep 12, 2018
What's the difference anyway, besides the weapons and the brief orphanate/sewers section? Like, I haven't yet played the first scenario with both characters (planning to do it soon) but even on normal A and B playthrough the differences weren't massive.
There's less being hounded by Mr X in Claire's campaign, the run to the orphanage might be my favorite gameplay section in the game (especially in hardcore mode with Claire literally screaming at zombies) and like I said, I just enjoy Claire as a character a lot more.

Plus Claire's grenade launcher > > > > > Leon's shotgun.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
What's the difference anyway, besides the weapons and the brief orphanage/sewers section? Like, I haven't yet played the first scenario with both characters (planning to do it soon) but even on normal A and B playthrough the differences weren't massive.
Those are the most substantial differences. Different final bosses too.

If you've seen either A scenario, and then the opposite B scenario, you've already pretty much seen all there is to see.

Total Cereal

Oct 28, 2017
I could never play Skyrim or any Bethesda RPG in general because of the giant spiders and bugs, so having them in Resident Evil might be a nope for me. I never played RE3, but were there really giant spiders in it?

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I could never play Skyrim or any Bethesda RPG in general because of the giant spiders and bugs, so having them in Resident Evil might be a nope for me. I never played RE3, but were there really giant spiders in it?
Giant spiders were in Resident Evil 1, 2 and 3. They were cut from Remake 2.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fingers crossed for having them cut from REmake 3, then. I'm sure there are RE purists that will turn their noses at me, but I genuinely can't play it if there are giant spiders.
I kinda wish that they put some sort of toggle / way to change spiders to some other enemies for people having a real fear of them, but unfortunately, people have been pretty vocal about the lack of spiders in Remake 2 :/
Edit : Be assured that something will probably be done by modders on PC to swap them, if you play on PC.

JohnnyToonami

Dec 16, 2018
Earth
I kinda wish that they put some sort of toggle / way to change spiders to some other enemies for people having a real fear of them, but unfortunately, people have been pretty vocal about the lack of spiders in Remake 2 :/
Edit : Be assured that something will probably be done by modders on PC to swap them, if you play on PC.

I'm terrified of spiders in real life and even I was bummed that they dropped them from REmake 2.

On topic, like others have said, these webbings have been in forever.

Total Cereal

Oct 28, 2017
A toggle would be good, but I play on Xbox so I can't just mod them out. Though I'd probably get RE3 on PC so that I could play it at all.

Scarlet Spider

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Spiders? Oh god.... Can we just ban spiders from games...

You have my bow! 😬
99M6kG6.gif

Spiders are amazing, I want them to be featured in more games. I want them to be mandatory.

May 21, 2018
I know this is a little of-topic, but the Adult Plagas from RE4 were pretty much large SPIDERS.

S. Mikami, a true visionary.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019

Those fuggers freak me the eff out..................

.............I welcome their inclusion! XD

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Please, no.

I could only play Remake with such creatures absent. I'd have to forgo purchasing RE3 if giant spiders were back in.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
OP, your new thread title doesn't work bc there hasn't been any new information to indicate the RE2 easter egg points toward the existence of spiders in RE3. Unless you update your OP with new information, there's nothing to discuss as the thread was started based on a misunderstanding.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Is there a reason they aren't in RE2?, I haven't played the game yet so this seems like a weird omission.
There is some discussion that RE2 Remake had somewhat of a troubled production for some reason. There were so many things that a lot of insiders were certain would appear and it seemed an upheaveal happened in the last months of production.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Gosh, I hope that leak is actually true. I lost hope when nothing was announced at the Game Awards. Honestly, it's just an excuse for me to go through the game again because of how fun it is.
It's not true. Re3 comes out in 3 months, and that leaks implies almost a full new games worth of updates.

Oct 25, 2017
Fingers crossed for having them cut from REmake 3, then. I'm sure there are RE purists that will turn their noses at me, but I genuinely can't play it if there are giant spiders.
I don't personally care about spiders, I just want more enemy variety. If they want to remove any enemy that would seem a little out of place with modern graphics, just give me a new enemy type in return, that's more than fine.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a reason they aren't in RE2?, I haven't played the game yet so this seems like a weird omission.

There's four of them in the original game and they appear in two rooms. Two other one-off enemies that appear in a single room each in the original didn't make it either. I can only assume they either didn't have time or felt the effort was better spent elsewhere.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
Content previously existing has been confirmed on the first page. This thread is closed to further replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.