• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

7thFloor

Oct 27, 2017
U.S.
I'd say larian with the baldurs gate 3 felt more like an bioware like experience than anything else but I feel like that's an insult to larian since the writing is better in that early access than most of bioware's recent repertoire.
It's PC exclusive and also in early access so I think it's off the radar for a lot of people but I completely agree.

AWizardDidIt

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah no, while their projects have gotten more ambitious, nothing about Spiders has convinced me it still isn't the Eurojank off-brand Bioware.

And to anyone saying "Larian is the new Bioware", I think that actually diminishes Larian somewhat. Larian is very much doing their own thing and it calls to mind the experimentation of old Ultima 6 & 7 Origin Systems more than even BG-era Bioware.

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, so now we're hating Bethesda? I wonder if something happened to them that could make some people dislike their games now...

wait, what? "now"? Bethesda has been the object of a lot of criticism for a long, long time

amazing acquisition for Microsoft and all, but yeah, criticism of Bethesda = secret console warz is quite a leap to make lol

NLCPRESIDENT

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Neither of these studios are filling the gap left by Bethesda (or Bioware, for that matter, as I expect them to be shut down within the next 3-4 years) and expecting them to be able to is setting the bar impossibly high.
We would've said the same thing about FROMSOFTWARE 10 years ago. The fact is, there is a gap and they're good developers. Anything's possible that's why I said I welcome the competition (to fill voids on PS and Nintendo left by Bethesda).

BioWare name don't mean nothing to me. I liked Mass effect 2, Jade empire and Dragon Age inquisition. The only difference between these studios (Spider & Warhorse) and BioWare and Bethesda is BioWare and Bethesda are backed By trillion $$$ publishers and their games are STILL janky af, so don't come with that crap lol.

Let Spider get 5-6 years and an unlimited black card... yea.

OP
OP
Magog

Magog

Banned
Jan 9, 2021
User Banned (permanent): Troll account. Account in junior phase and prior serious ban for xenophobia
Yeah no, while their projects have gotten more ambitious, nothing about Spiders has convinced me it still isn't the Eurojank off-brand Bioware.

And to anyone saying "Larian is the new Bioware", I think that actually diminishes Larian somewhat. Larian is very much doing their own thing and it calls to mind the experimentation of old Ultima 6 & 7 Origin Systems more than even BG-era Bioware.

Eurojank is a xenophobic term.

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017
With companies like Larian, Harebrain, ZA/UM, and Inxile around, who cares?

There are plenty of companies bringing the RPG goodness without trying to be these two past their prime companies.

amplituhedr0n

Oct 28, 2017
I've been waiting years for Bethesda output to match my expectations. Which maybe says more about me than them.

With companies like Larian, Harebrain, ZA/UM, and Inxile around, who cares?

There are plenty of companies bringing the RPG goodness without trying to be these two past their prime companies.
I used to LOVE InXile. What's their most recent thing?

Also, Larian is next level and I'm surprised it took the thread this long to get there. Good on you, Double.

Brodo Baggins

Oct 27, 2017
Spiders is a great up and coming studio, but nothing they have made comes close to the quality of golden age Bioware titles. That being said each game they have made has been a marked improvement from their last, so I'm really hopeful they can continue to grow.

DaciaJC

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I loved Kingdom Come and can't wait to see what's coming next from Warhorse, but I wouldn't say they're replacing Bethesda. I mean, the main marketing message behind the game was that KCD was unlike Skyrim or similar RPGs. "Dungeons, no dragons" and so forth.

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
I enjoyed Greedfall but I liked Kingdom Come much more. As an RPG is at the top of my last gens list.

I do look forward to future titles of both companies in the future, but looks like Steelrising will be more of an action RPG, so I hope Kingdom Come 2 will be an Immersive RPG like the first one

Wein Cruz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Eurojank is a xenophobic term.

tenor.gif

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Looks up, I was really wishing BG3 was RTwP, I'm not interested in Divinity 3 BG at all. Divinity OS 1 and 2 were interesting at the start but the game get boring to me on the second map of D:OS1, and I just lost interest with the second one after a while. The whole murder mystery of 1 was awesome in the first map, then space dust shenanigans happened.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I never saw the resemblance with Greedfall. I researched the game and it gave me no Dragon Age vibes on gameplay or story (outside of era and theme).

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017
OP is bothered by the term eurojank but when told that the lead director/co owner of Warhorse is an alt right gg-er, says that it's only one dev and the game itself is fine. I'm rolling my eyes so hard right now

Also seems to be deliberately ignoring alll the posts in this thread pointing out his interesting thread making history...

Phoenixazure

Oct 27, 2017
I ain't supporting shit from one of their lead devs whipping out an excuse like "we didn't put any black people in our game because there wouldn't have been any back people in existence back then in the area the game is based on" or some bullshit like that. Fuck that. Says quite a lot if you just want to handwave that away.

kotaku.com

Idiots Fight To Keep A Medieval Game White

Combine race, history, an upcoming PC game and some angry Reddit users and you've got a recipe for disappointment in your fellow man.

OP
OP
Magog

Magog

Banned
Jan 9, 2021
OP is bothered by the term eurojank but when told that the lead director/co owner of Warhorse is an alt right gg-er, says that it's only one dev and the game itself is fine. I'm rolling my eyes so hard right now

Also seems to be deliberately ignoring alll the posts in this thread pointing out his interesting thread making history...

Why wouldn't I ignore personal attacks? There is nothing wrong with my threads. I come here for conversation and bold opinions start interesting conversations. Isn't that what everyone is here for? This is my honest opinion. Take it or leave it but don't attack me for having it. Everyone has different tastes which should be celebrated not laughed at.

LetsEatSnacks

Oct 18, 2020
United States
Why wouldn't I ignore personal attacks? There is nothing wrong with my threads. I come here for conversation and bold opinions start interesting conversations. Isn't that what everyone is here for? This is my honest opinion. Take it or leave it but don't attack me for having it. Everyone has different tastes which should be celebrated not laughed at.
But you thrive on stirring the pot with little to no substance in your posts. If all of your opinions are bad takes and that's constantly being reinforced here by others, maybe you should do some reflecting?

Wein Cruz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

There's opinions and then there's just being plain wrong and trying to say that greed fall has no jank is false.

Jul 10, 2020
I knew this guy was a troll account.

He literally welcomed Drew back to Insomniac as the "prodigial son" and "Welcome back to the PlayStation family".

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017
Nothing what you've written is an interesting conversation, it's mindless pitting of devs against each other I can get in any gaming forum, designed mainly for hottakes and to get people riled up, there's a reason people think your posts are trolling. We draw the line when you are more bothered by the term "eurojank" then the fact the co owner of warhorse is a racist alrt right gg-er pos who absolutely affected the game he made.

Status
Not open for further replies.