• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are spiders cute?

• Yes

Votes: 112 56.9%
  • No, they're very cute.

Votes: 85 43.1%

• Total voters

amoy

Oct 28, 2017
I don't mind them. Although, wouldn't describe them all as "cute", the bunny harvestman and it's devil dog hat is clearly trying to just fuck with us, it has no business wearing that unsettling garment around.

Also, this thread reminds me of a month or so ago... when was the last time you heard a spider? I was sitting at my desk, nearly dozing off when I heard a tap-tap-tap, look up and there was a huntsmen walking across my window shouji (paper) screen. Sweet baby Jeezus you noisy bugger, I'm trying to take a nap, shoo!

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
uG3.gif

"cute"

tsampikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I love spiders and every time some idiot asshole comes out with that kill it with fire shit Im horrified

You wouldnt do that to puppies or kittens... dont say that shit about spiders

Deleted member 48434

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
Entered this thread for this GIF.

Fuck these goddamn demonic horrors, may they burn for all eternity.
I don't ever wanna hear you Americans complain about spiders when you don't live in the area where these things are native, like me.
I've never even seen one irl lol. But boy, did my parents drill into me how cautious I should be of these things.

Sruckus

Banned
Jul 16, 2018
Try living in an apartment building with cockroaches. You'll realize that spiders really are the bros of the insect world*.

* Not applicable to Australia. Further restrictions apply.

is that so bad though? Aren't they pretty harmless? Aside from feasting on all of the horrible spiders?

Middleman

Banned
Jun 14, 2019
I'm cool with everything except funnelwebs. Once you've seen one of those motherfuckers play dead at the bottom of a swimming pool or bite clean though a goddamn thong, everything else becomes Tinkerbell by comparison.

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
BURN THIS THREAD. BURN THIS THREAD. BURN THIS THREAD. BURN THIS THREAD. BURN THIS THREAD. BURN THIS THREAD. BURN THIS THREAD. BURN THIS THREAD. BURN THIS THREAD. BURN THIS THREAD. BURN THIS THREAD. BURN THIS THREAD. BURN THIS THREAD. BURN THIS THREAD. BURN THIS THREAD. BURN THIS THREAD. BURN THIS THREAD. BURN THIS THREAD.

Lexad

Nov 4, 2017
I think I finally understand trigger warnings after reading the first page.

Also HELL NAH!

SkywardBeam

Oct 25, 2017
I guess they're harmless, but I certainly hate cockroaches a lot more than spiders. I can't explain why, they just freak me out. I think it's how fast they scatter away.
Not as harmful as mosquitoes, but harmless they're certainly not.
Cockroaches as health hazards said:
There is a substantial list of bacteria, funguses, molds and a couple of viruses that cockroaches can carry from place to place, not to mention an amoeba that causes dysentery, another parasite that causes giardiasis and the virus that causes polio.
But asthma caused by allergy to cockroaches themselves is the big public health concern.
Source: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/03/science/cockroach-diseases.html

WHO said:
Cockroaches can sometimes play a role as carriers of intestinal diseases, such as diarrhoea, dysentery, typhoid fever and cholera.

Spiders in the other hand are not known to transmit any diseases. Quite the contrary, they are the most efficient and eco friendly form of pest control. People who want to "kill them with fire" should seriously worry about the consequences.

Also, they're (at least most of them) absolutely adorable.
325_picture2.gif

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 17403

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If spiders were dog sized, I'm not so sure that we'd be the dominant species on the planet! Fuck, spiders would likely be at the top based on proportional strength and jumping ability alone.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
Well they can bite through a toenail, but they can't kill you. Now the males for some odd reason, have extremely lethal venom, are just as big, and are aggressive as hell. As in, they actively hunt down and attack people. In fact the largest ever found funnel web spider was a male.

Of course the species is from Australia.

A Sydney funnel-web bite is regarded as a medical emergency requiring immediate hospital treatment.[25] Current guidelines for antivenom recommend two vials, or four vials if symptoms of envenomation are severe. Patients are assessed every 15 minutes, with further vials recommended if symptoms do not resolve.[26] The most vials used to treat a bite is 12. The patient was a 10-year-old boy who was bitten in February 2017 by a male Sydney funnel-web that was hiding in a shoe.[27]

MetalGear?

Nov 8, 2017
I am very much afraid of spiders and don't want then anywhere near me. That said, I still think they are cute.

AGoodODST

Oct 28, 2017
They are cool and eat pests. Though tbf I live in U.K and not some spider hellscape like Australia.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
images

I live not far from a forest full of these adorable little guys. They are so tiny and curious. You can pick them up and they will hop about with no care in the world.