• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ZeroMaverick

Mar 5, 2018
I just came in here to say Bendis is bad at writing. Idk if he's even still working at marvel, but I'm reading Miles for the first time, and it's so fucking bad.

Azubah

Dec 30, 2017
They just introduced a poor clone of him in the latest story arc, they melt after 24 hours or something stupid like that.

KimiNewt

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I enjoyed the original ultimate, but I think the problem is he doesn't know how to write young black characters
To be honest I don't think he had much of a chance. His Miles run was aborted and confused so much because of so many crossovers and reboots.
The first few stories were good but immediately after that Miles needed to be drafted to save the world like five times in a row and it was a mess.

I only read the first couple of issues of Saladin's run because I couldn't handle waiting month to month anymore. Is there a good stack of it now? Seems like people like it according to this thread.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To be honest I don't think he had much of a chance. His Miles run was aborted and confused so much because of so many crossovers and reboots.
The first few stories were good but immediately after that Miles needed to be drafted to save the world like five times in a row and it was a mess.

I only read the first couple of issues of Saladin's run because I couldn't handle waiting month to month anymore. Is there a good stack of it now? Seems like people like it according to this thread.

Yup, as soon as Miles started, the ultimate universe was in its way out and he barely had 4 or 5 straight issues before he was dragged into an event.

Ive always loved Miles and really don't understand people saying he's boring or has no personality. He and Ganke are great. He's awesome I'm Champions with Kamala. And I've really enjoyed everything from secret wars on that has had Miles.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Can we get a spider-like Morales?

latest

Little kid me went crazy over this transformation

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Poor Miles.

Hoenstly I don't even think Saladin Ahmed's run has been that great. Kind of run of the mill.

LordRuyn

Oct 29, 2017
3365905b9e36793faf5b81670e7e61b2f7f2a8ea_hq.jpg

It was better received than the original though. Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew) is a female clone of Peter.
Oh man, I remember reading this as a kid. I was on holiday in Italy visiting my relatives with my family and read it in Italian. I really enjoyed it back then, maybe I should read it again.

n00bp

Oct 28, 2017
Original Clone Wars: Super zany, stupid and hilarious in hindsight. Also, it gave us Scarlet Spider(s)!

Ultimate Clone Wars: Actually good ('course, USM was great all around)

I think, as long as they don't take it too seriously and try to have a little bit of fun with it, it could be good