• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
www.marvel.com

Miles Morales: Trapped in a Clone Saga of His Own

A new spin on the classic Spider-Man storyline kicks off in 'Miles Morales: Spider-Man #25'!
MMSM-25.jpg

Starts in April. Ready for Maximum Clonage again ERA?

Ishmael

Oct 27, 2017
Judging from the look on Miles' face I'm not certain he's even particularly thrilled about this new storyline.

ArgyleReptile

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, not feeling this. The Assessor is a good original antagonist for Miles, but I don't really care for this direction. I'll have to wait and see the execution though.

Psamtik

Oct 27, 2017
Guess it's been long enough that we've forgotten how bad all that Maximum Clonage shit was.

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
Ooph it looks so bad. Also I remember reading the Ult Spider-Man Clone Saga as it ran and remember it being like, alright. Fuck this tho lol

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
3365905b9e36793faf5b81670e7e61b2f7f2a8ea_hq.jpg

It was better received than the original though. Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew) is a female clone of Peter.

Ultimate Clone Saga was great fun. But it also made more sense because the entire point of the Ultimate universe was for new/fresh takes on characters and their classic stories.

I'm in the group of people that loves the 90s Clone Saga. My first comic book ever was this:

s-l640.jpg

My dad got that for me randomly because I loved the Spider-Man cartoon on Fox Kids. I know there are a lot of people my age that got into comics around that time and have a fondness for the Clone Saga, despite its obvious problems.

I hope this is good but this isn't the Ultimate universe anymore. Miles doesn't need his own version of Peter's stories at this point. They should be trying to do completely new things.

That being said, the book is solid and I love the character so I'll be reading it and hoping it surprises me.

Noog

▲ Legend ▲
May 1, 2018
I thought comic Miles was kind of boring.

Is there their attempt to try and make him less so?
When I saw Into The Spiderverse I shopped around for some Miles stories and the consensus online (at the time) seemed to be that comic Miles was kind of meh. The Insomniac version of Miles is my favorite version that I've experienced, but I want to see him in adventures that aren't just Aaron Davis / The Tinkerer, but also aren't just rehashes of Peter adventures.

I feel for the writers, it's tough, I just wish they'd figure out some ways to make him stand out and make his stories feel unique and interesting

Deleted member 4461

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People love that Miles is black Spider-Man, fuck you talking about

People said he was more than "the black Spider-Man" = people said he was more than a discount Parker who happens to be black

I'm fucking around (I think), don't take it the wrong way

We recently had a thread talking about how Miles is better under the new guy's pen compared to Bendis, so it was a call back to that

Oct 31, 2017
People said he was more than "the black Spider-Man" = people said he was more than a discount Parker who happens to be black

I'm fucking around (I think), don't take it the wrong way

Miles has never been a discount Parker in the comics, is my thing

this kinda stuff is just what mainstream superhero comics do

I thought comic Miles was kind of boring.

Is there their attempt to try and make him less so?

Comic Miles doesn't do graffiti or make beats like the movie and game versions of the character but the current ongoing run from 2019 by Saladin Ahmed has given him more.... exaggerated swagger

Deleted member 4461

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"If you thought the first Clone Saga was controversial..."

Well, that's ominous. Then again, I'm still waiting for the fallout of Last Remains, so it could be just as siced

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
The Ultimate Clone Saga was pretty good, and introduced a pretty cool character with Ultimate Spider-Woman, but that was a long time ago. While Miles has his roots in the Ultimate universe, he as a character needs more unique stories instead of recycling Peter's. Maybe this will be cool, but I'm not super enthused.