• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
This remaster is insane. They totally retextured and remodeled even the smallest thing.
PS4 :
2020-11-10_18_19_36-Spider-Man_PS4_-_Opening_Cutscene_-_YouTube.png

PS5 :
2020-11-10_18_19_57-MARVELS_SPIDER-MAN_REMASTERED_PS5_4K_Gameplay_-_Opening_25_Minutes_-_YouTube.png

This is way more extensive than I thought, the spider hanging in his apartment is even more realistically modeled with a bunch of hair on the legs and body, this looks great. I just replayed this game a few months ago, but will be doing it again.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
Looking at the first mission in both the original and the remaster.. Goddamn.
Someone should do a comparison video or something cuz this is a lot more then what most believed, insane.

Flappy Pannus

Feb 14, 2019
"Eh slightly disappointing you can't change visual modes on the fly and have to restart a checkpoint. I wonder how long it takes to reloa- oh"

lost7

Feb 20, 2018
So you're telling me that Insomniac has worked on this and Miles Morales in 2 years and Ratchet is on the way in the first half of 2021? Just... how?

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm so glad that I ended getting the ultimate edition with a discount. And I never played the OG game before!

Dec 4, 2017
London
Gonna replay this in fidelity mode.

For 5 minutes before I toggle to 60 fps mode.

For 5 minutes before I toggle to fidelity mode.

For 5 minus before...

Rinse and repeat why are choice so hard argh.

lazerface

Banned
Feb 23, 2020
We put a lot of effort into this.

its hard to show until the cake is totally baked, glad it's becoming apparent!
Insomniac is hands down my favorite development team! Y'all put so much love and passion into your projects and it shows! Thank you all soooo much for your hard work and you've confirmed I made the right decision upgrading to the ultimate edition of Miles Morales. Hyped!

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
Give me that RT anyday over 60fps. with the motion blur they use 30fps is just fine for this game.

Looks like im replaying spiderman before Jumping into Miles.

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, it's great to have the choice between the two.

When he switched it to 60fps, it hits hard, and I'm like, "yeah, that looks like the way to go." Then when he switches back to fidelity, I'm like, "damn, look at all the subtle details it adds, the lighting is amazing".

Ray tracing is impressive. Not gonna lie, after a minute or so I get used to the lower framerate

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
So you're telling me that Insomniac has worked on this and Miles Morales in 2 years and Ratchet is on the way in the first half of 2021? Just... how?
They've worked on 23 projects in what will be 10 years when Ratchet and Clank releases.

They are ridiculously good at what they do. Not every game in that 23 was massive, but that includes Resistance 3, Sunset Overdrive, Spider-Man, Miles Morales and a handful of Ratchet games.

OddRonald

Jul 31, 2020
no matter how many videos I watch I can never tell the difference between 30 and 60 frames per second, maybe I'll notice it when I actually play but I'm so used to playing the Wii, switch and xbox 360 that I reckon I'm always gonna to be sticking on graphics rather than performance mode

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
The price is now totally justified for 20 bucks considering how much better it looks in the PS5 version.

stat84

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So to play the remastered + Miles Morales on the PS5 my best option is the ultimate edition right?

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
This remaster is insane. They totally retextured and remodeled even the smallest thing.
PS4 :
2020-11-10_18_19_36-Spider-Man_PS4_-_Opening_Cutscene_-_YouTube.png

PS5 :
2020-11-10_18_19_57-MARVELS_SPIDER-MAN_REMASTERED_PS5_4K_Gameplay_-_Opening_25_Minutes_-_YouTube.png

Insomniac was doing all this for the original at the same time they were doing Miles Morales and Ratchet & Clank in another office.

I've said this before like 3 times but seriously...this has to be the most efficient studio out there!
These 2 pictures say it all. This is more than the typical remaster...

PRrambo_

PlayStation.jif
Oct 25, 2017
Wow I wasnt expecting such a big step up. Actually considering replaying Spider-Man before Miles Morales