• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Would have never thought over a decade ago that we'd get this deep into comic book fuckery in cinema. I'm excited as hell for this.

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, ON
I'm digging it but kind of silly that the whole plot is because Strange of all people did a Twilight Zone-style monkey paw spell wish lol...they've kind of established he'd know better than to fuck around like that.

JJH

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So Strange opened the multiverse in this movie and not the events of Loki?

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
YwZYeLb.png

matt murdock slamming the stack of folders during the police interrogation?

The Jagoff that's interrogating him has black pants a white shirt and a blue tie, so I think it's just that dude

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
No.

Noo.

Nooooooooooooo.

I was out with Endgame.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
I'm interested in this for some Raimi nostalgia, but this DOES come off a bit like the Sony execs said, "Hey people really liked that animated Spider-Verse movie we did. Let's redo it with our MCU money but without any of the heart... oh and without the black kid."

Cynical Me: Absolutely.

Optimistic Me: We're getting the quality of Spider-Verse in Live-Action.

Old Man Spike

Oct 29, 2017
United States
So, Peter Parker royally screws up and has to fix his mistakes is the movie's plot.

Again.

Well, at least it can't be worse than the last Spider-Man movie... right?

Critch

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
I'm interested in this for some Raimi nostalgia, but this DOES come off a bit like the Sony execs said, "Hey people really liked that animated Spider-Verse movie we did. Let's redo it with our MCU money but without any of the heart... oh and without the black kid."

Except it's Marvel Studios and Feige that are making it. Sony just releases it.

ProtomanNeo

Oct 27, 2017
So wait a second. All of this is because the greatest Sorcerer Supreme of all time fucked up a spell? A spell he shouldn't have done to begin with? Okay.

plain

Oct 27, 2017
Bro. I know we already saw the leak but seeing Molina and hearing Dafoe's laugh is super fucking hype.

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
damn, I'm so in. I was reading the thread, but waited to watch the trailer. I'm ready for some more Spider-Man, some Strange magic, and some hammy fucking villains. Give it to me.

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Uh, why can't peter just tell Ned, MJ, and Aunt May after the spell?

I'm not normally a stickler for things like that, but seems like a weird way to kick it all off.

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
You know, it's probably really really fucking exciting for Sam Raimi (and the rest of the crew) to just by happenstance have their slice of the Marvel world which was all said and done with, become suddenly relevant again.

Like they never could have possibly fathomed that their projects would be one roped into this insanely ambitious future project, it's crazy to think about.

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno why all these posts are suddenly like "man, strange is too responsible to fuck around with magic that's so dangerous Wong warned him not to mess with it." Like, damn, did you guys even see the first Doctor Strange movie?

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Ummm...

Maybe it's the pomp and circumstance that has surrounded the trailer to begin with. Creating sky-high expectations and whatnot.

But...not excited?

The plot of the film, as presented in that trailer, is kind of...dopey?

I dunno, the whole "everybody knows I'm Spider Man waaaah Dr. Strange please help me but also don't help me!" premise is just...uninteresting.

Phase 4 hasnt failed me yet though, so I'll still go see this.