• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
Omaha
So, like, what about other pictures? And the whole set that is rigged up? And the original version?
Basically, the studio decided to pay some people to do a troll instead of taking the video down?

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
With great photoshop abilities comes great responsibility.

plain

Oct 27, 2017
Yep, that is a troll for sure. If it was deepfaked, the preview box would have shown the original face model.

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Until we see Rhino or a hint of him in a trailer I'm gonna continue hoping that Venom is the 6th of the Sinister Six. Obviously I don't know how that makes sense from a story point of view since Venom and Spider-Man haven't even met yet, but I'd sure prefer it over Rhino.

Min

Oct 25, 2017
I guess Tom Hardy has a hat that the No Way Home cast and crew were given?

It kinda makes sense to have him in the movie, especially after the post-credits teaser of Venom 2 kinda make it sound like a Spider-man holiday event. I'm all for it throw everything and the kitchen sink in this movie.

I want Dr. Strange, Charlie Cox, I want the spider-men, Electro, Doc Oc, Green Goblin, venom, and Bryce Dallas Howard.

Until we see Rhino or a hint of him in a trailer I'm gonna continue hoping that Venom is the 6th of the Sinister Six. Obviously I don't know how that makes sense from a story point of view since Venom and Spider-Man haven't even met yet, but I'd sure prefer it over Rhino.

Venom 2 post-credits.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
I can see him being part of a Spider-Man 3 post credit scene, which technically makes him part of the cast, even if it's just 1 day of shooting.

Bor Gullet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
rbyQTtAY.jpg

Oct 26, 2017
Why is Lizard wearing his briefs Superman style?

About Rhino:
Why would the trailer hint at 5 of the bad guys and leave Rhino as some shock revelation later on? Not sure I buy that, but Venom would work.

If they opened the film with Garfield-Man battling Rhino, and then his Spidey getting warped away into a strange New New York, and cut to 'six months earlier' that would be bananas, but might be the best way to involve him.

Last edited:

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
Team extremely real.

Sony has a hole the size of the Titanic in their VFX pipeline lol

Last edited:

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Three against six, I find it kind of unfair for the six

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
Why is Lizard wearing his briefs Superman style?

About Rhino:
Why would the trailer hint at 5 of the bad guys and leave Rhino as some shock revelation later on? Not sure I buy that, but Venom would work.

If they opened the film with Garfield-Man battling Rhino, and then his Spidey getting warped away into a strange New New York, and cut to 'six months earlier' that would be bananas, but might be the best way to involve him.
When they cut to the Garfield-verse and we find him finishing the battle with Rhino, I think that would make me more hyped than anything else - it's just so stupid that I love it.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The trailer isn't hiding Rhino as a shock, it just is not really showing any of the villains outside of hints and Doc Ock, and it's not as easy to hint him without showing him outright.

In all likelihood I expect the next trailer to have him.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Lol I wonder if 40 years from now leaks will still be extremely blurry and compressed shitty pictures

Gotchaforce

Oct 31, 2017
When they cut to the Garfield-verse and we find him finishing the battle with Rhino, I think that would make me more hyped than anything else - it's just so stupid that I love it.
I'm not a ASM2 is a good movie person but I honestly did like Rhino. The final shot of the charge and missiles Vs Spidey with a manhole cover looked cool as hell to me.

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Lol I wonder if 40 years from now leaks will still be extremely blurry and compressed shitty pictures
These are phone grabs from one of the editing team he sent his buddies.

Not really sure how anyone is supposed to sit and dial in a perfect photo when you're likely in a room with multiple people and want to keep your job

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
That audio is hitting around the same time as DanielRPK claiming that Marvel Studios is developing a Charlie Cox-starring Daredevil project and that it is likely "Daredevil season 4."

But obviously, DanielRPK, so grain of salt.

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
it could also be one of those ai generated voices. Can we just get that second trailer lol