• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
Wait, this is the last Spidey in the MCU? I thought they renegotiated a longer deal going forward?
I said this in the Sony's Spider-Man Universe thread, but there are conflicting reports. The first one from 2019 when they first renegotiated said that Disney will help Sony with Spider-Man 3, and that Tom Holland will get to appear in one more MCU film. Whether that film is a crossover or Spider-Man 4, I don't know.

The new deal was signed late on Thursday night. Negotiations involved top players from both studios, including Sony Pictures chief Tom Rothman, Feige and Walt Disney Studios co-chairs Alan Horn and Alan Bergman. In exchange for lending Feige's producing prowess, Marvel and Disney will receive roughly 25% of the profits, according to insiders. Disney will retain its merchandising rights and will put up roughly a quarter of the financing. As part of the arrangement, Spider-Man will also appear in one future Marvel Studios film.

However, this report directly contradicts the second report from earlier this year. This is what Tom Holland said:

[Spider-Man 3] would be my last one [under contract] so I've always said to them if they want me back I'll be there in a heartbeat. I've loved every minute of being a part of this amazing world. It's changed my life for the better, I'm so lucky to be here. If they want me back I'll be there, if they don't I will walk off into the sunset a very, very happy person because it's been an amazing journey.

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
The only explanation I can think of for Tom-Man trusting the Green Goblin is if the Norman Osborne of his universe is the "billionaire philanthropist" type of CEO and was, like, a friend of Tony Stark's but even then that's a bit of a stretch.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
The only explanation I can think of for Tom-Man trusting the Green Goblin is if the Norman Osborne of his universe is the "billionaire philanthropist" type of CEO and was, like, a friend of Tony Stark's but even then that's a bit of a stretch.

?

He'll just exploit the traumatic experience of being charged for murder.

"You wouldn't just let us die right? You wouldn't KILL us, right? Spider-Man a MURDERER?"

I'd imagine there'll be an attempt to try and get strange to send them somewhere else, and strange won't care because natural order

I swear this hang up on him having a good relationship with Stark will never not be weird, is this going to keep happening if they ever explore his friendship with the Human Torch?

Caz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
?

He'll just exploit the traumatic experience of being charged for murder.

"You wouldn't just let us die right? You wouldn't KILL us, right? Spider-Man a MURDERER?"

I swear this hang up on him having a good relationship with Stark will never not be weird
Except that makes no sense since how do they know Spider-Man is being blamed for the death of Mysterio or has hangups in regards to death?

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Except that makes no sense since how do they know Spider-Man is being blamed for the death of Mysterio or has hangups in regards to death?

The character known for "Attacking the heart" won't carefully plan his approach with the very public news that takes seconds to find about?

Huh.

Caz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
The character known for "Attacking the heart" won't carefully plan his approach with the very public news that takes seconds to find about?

Huh.
You know...it's almost like the world is going to forget about Mysterio doxxing Spider-Man (EVERYONE is going to forget, per Strange) as part of the spell being cast.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl

It's not that difficult to imagine IMO. It's as simple as Holland Peter finding out that these people were pulled from their universe right before their deaths and that sending them back is guaranteed death for them. If they pop out of nowhere after the multiverse opening, then Peter and Strange don't even know they're villains. They can say they were heroes in their own worlds and thus Peter will help them even if Strange isn't ready to free them because he wants to find out more about them (hence his meeting with Tobey and Andrew).

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
You know...it's almost like the world is going to forget about Mysterio doxxing Spider-Man (EVERYONE is going to forget, per Strange) as part of the spell being cast.

....The spell fails, that's the main thing about the plot, it doesn't work.

You see him running around mask less and putting the iron spider in public

Caz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
....The spell fails, that's the main thing about the plot, it doesn't work.

You see him running around mask less and putting the iron spider in public
That could be either a moment from earlier in the movie, a scene from an alternate dimension where Peter doesn't have to worry about his secret identity, or it could be a Spider-Man 2-esque "we won't tell" moment of heroism where he loses the mask while saving a bunch of people.

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
I hope we see Tobey interacting with Electro and Lizard and Andrew interacting with Doc Ock and Green Goblin. I want to see how they play off characters not from their reality.

The Artisan

Oct 27, 2017
could sinister #6 also be Scorpion? this lego set looks like a villain we haven't seen yet, if it is anything to go by

Spider-Man-No-Way-Home-Lego-Set-Scorpion.jpg

The Artisan

Oct 27, 2017
My guess is that they're saving him for a Sony only movie.

Helps sell the illusion that it's still MCU.
Can they do that though? If he is a character that was introduced in an MCU film that is
The villain that shows up later is Rhino, so yeah, fucking nothing.
yeah, I hear most leaks and rumors point to ASM2-based Rhino being #6. But he was barely memorable and whatever memory people had of him wasn't a good one. So different version or not I still would prefer they bring back the Scorpion instead.

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
Can they do that though? If he is a character that was introduced in an MCU film that is

yeah, I hear most leaks and rumors point to ASM2-based Rhino being #6. But he was barely memorable and whatever memory people had of him wasn't a good one. So different version or not I still would prefer they bring back the Scorpion instead.

I'd much rather have Vulture, Mysterio, Scorpion, etc. than a handful of villains no one gave a shit about to begin with.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
My hope is that we get a Sony trilogy of MCU Spider-Man with some vague references to the larger MCU allowed and in exchange Marvel can play with him in avengers or team-up films.

If it comes to worse they can just Incredible Hulk them

The Artisan

Oct 27, 2017
Vulture (or at least a character who the marketing is pretending is Vulture) is in Morbius.
I would like to believe that Keaton's stinger appearance in the Morbius trailer was the same character he portrayed in Homecoming, but until the movie is out there is not really a way to confirm that. The evidence is certainly there, but it could be a JK Simmons/Jameson situation.
I'd much rather have Vulture, Mysterio, Scorpion, etc. than a handful of villains no one gave a shit about to begin with.
I don't want Mysterio to be back only because of I'm tired of character presence fakeouts and character death fakeouts. EDITH said what Peter saw before him was real, so I want Beck's death to be real.

As for the other villains - which ones are you saying no one gave a shit about to begin with? I think most people who watched the trailer are genuinely excited to see legacy Ock & Goblin back in action, and while legacy Electro wasn't exactly well received, Jame Foxx deserves a second chance. He is a really good actor and can do the villain justice.

Plus he is likely getting a redesign to be more comic book accurate. If the Lizard also gets a redesign where he's wearing a torn lab coat and has his snout, that would get me excited to see him in the movie. But I didn't care for him in ASM and a large part of it was because of his design, which in my opinion they got wrong.

Scorpion on the other hand, we haven't seen him since Homecoming and I really like the actor that portrays him too. Michael Mando's waited long enough for his supervillain glory

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I would like to believe that Keaton's stinger appearance in the Morbius trailer was the same character he portrayed in Homecoming, but until the movie is out there is not really a way to confirm that. The evidence is certainly there, but it could be a JK Simmons/Jameson situation.

I don't want Mysterio to be back only because of I'm tired of character presence fakeouts and character death fakeouts. EDITH said what Peter saw before him was real, so I want Beck's death to be real.

As for the other villains - which ones are you saying no one gave a shit about to begin with? I think most people who watched the trailer are genuinely excited to see legacy Ock & Goblin back in action, and while legacy Electro wasn't exactly well received, Jame Foxx deserves a second chance. He is a really good actor and can do the villain justice.

Plus he is likely getting a redesign to be more comic book accurate. If the Lizard also gets a redesign where he's wearing a torn lab coat and has his snout, that would get me excited to see him in the movie. But I didn't care for him in ASM and a large part of it was because of his design, which in my opinion they got wrong.

Scorpion on the other hand, we haven't seen him since Homecoming and I really like the actor that portrays him too. Michael Mando's waited long enough for his supervillain glory

The lizard apparently is also getting a makeover, they're giving it a reptile head instead of...y'know...
goomba-1541537055.gif

If leaks are to be believed they're just gonna bullshit both the lizard and electro redesigns as some "they would've kept evolving if they hadn't died" thing

The Artisan

Oct 27, 2017
The lizard apparently is also getting a makeover, they're giving it a reptile head instead of...y'know...
goomba-1541537055.gif

If leaks are to be believed they're just gonna bullshit both the lizard and electro redesigns as some "they would've kept evolving if they hadn't died" thing
oh, so they are going to be same exact incarnations and not variants?

with Electro going from blue to yellow, I just think of Spider-Verse where all the Spider-people from different universes who ended up in Miles' were having an allergic reaction to being present in a reality that isn't there's. So I figured that Electro changing could be explained as just him mutating as a side effect of traversing the multiverse.

either that, or just that he is a variant and not the legacy Electro from ASM 2.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
I think the changed look isn't going to be adressed. We recognize the characters and that's what matters.
But they're probably variants, at least that'll be my headcanon.

Zaiven

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 12, 2019
My gut feeling is that the "Sinister Six" villains or whatever will all be pulled from the previous Spider-Man movies but there will be a 7th, Final Boss-villain who will be from the MCU.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
The villain that shows up later is Rhino, so yeah, fucking nothing.
It would be such a disappointment if it's Rhino. If there's indeed a 6th villain who makes a late entrance there has to be something special about them, Rhino is just well..... Rhino. Really hoping it's someone from Tom Holland's universe, Mysterio would be the best imo but I'd settle for Vulture or a surprise Scorpion appearance.

The Artisan

Oct 27, 2017
Canadian Lad's YouTube video brings up a good point about the police precinct scene. If you compare the leaked version to the official version, the face of the person (which you can make out in the leak) is edited out. Why would Sony do that if that character isn't important?

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Canadian Lad's YouTube video brings up a good point about the police precinct scene. If you compare the leaked version to the official version, the face of the person (which you can make out in the leak) is edited out. Why would Sony do that if that character isn't important?
Could just be that having that person's face half in the shot at the top of the screen looks awkward as hell.

The Artisan

Oct 27, 2017
Hence why it was in the unfinished one but was removed from the final one: it looks awkward to have a person's face there.
no, I don't think they would remove it with the fear of having his face looking awkward. that doesn't make any sense to me

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
Since we're talking about faces, I really don't think Ock says "Hi Peter" to Tobey and that they CGI'ed Tom's face on his body.
What's most likely is that last two shot are reversed. Tom suit-up, so Ock sees Spider-Man. And since he knows his secret identity, he calls him Peter. Without knowing that's not the same one he's used to.

The Artisan

Oct 27, 2017
Since we're talking about faces, I really don't think Ock says "Hi Peter" to Tobey and that they CGI'ed Tom's face on his body.
What's most likely is that last two shot are reversed. Tom suit-up, so Ock sees Spider-Man. And since he knows his secret identity, he calls him Peter. Without knowing that's not the same one he's used to.
they edited the trailer to make it look like those scenes occur consecutively, but I don't think that is the case. I think Peter is suiting up to face off against Goblin, not Doc Ock. And if Ock is talking to Holland, then maybe he's doing so after he's suited up. Since Ock didn't see his face but sees Spider-Man, just assumes that it's the one he knows.

The Artisan

Oct 27, 2017
I really hate bumping threads when I was the last poster but I think this is kind of worth it. Charlie Cox interview continuing after he confirms that his forearms aren't in the trailer:

Oct 26, 2017
no, I don't think they would remove it with the fear of having his face looking awkward. that doesn't make any sense to me

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
If you are talking about what I think, the whole trailer is a different ratio to the leak. It's not to hide chubby daredevil

The Artisan

Oct 27, 2017
If you are talking about what I think, the whole trailer is a different ratio to the leak. It's not to hide chubby daredevil
I am talking about the actor's face. Is that what you were thinking? I timestamped the video, but I guess sharing Canadian Lad's video will emphasize the point.

youtu.be

I Watched Spider-Man: No Way Home Trailer in 0.25x Speed and Here's What I Found (Part 2)

i'm an idiot sandwich, give me rent. Oh you reading description?Follow Me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/thecanadianlad▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬Please...

Oct 26, 2017
I am talking about the actor's face. Is that what you were thinking? I timestamped the video, but I guess sharing Canadian Lad's video will emphasize the point.

youtu.be

I Watched Spider-Man: No Way Home Trailer in 0.25x Speed and Here's What I Found (Part 2)

i'm an idiot sandwich, give me rent. Oh you reading description?Follow Me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/thecanadianlad▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬Please...
Yeah the whole trailer is cropped to a different ratio, there's less top & bottom on most or all of the scenes compared to the leak. #releasethe16:9cut

The Artisan

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah the whole trailer is cropped to a different ratio, there's less top & bottom on most or all of the scenes compared to the leak. #releasethe16:9cut
oh okay. touche, I didn't realize that the leaked trailer was a different ratio. I'm surprised the channel didn't figure that out either

Deleted member 32005

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
idk that interrogator guy is too thick to be daredevil

plusl... like, why would daredevil be interrogating his own client...

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
I said this in the Sony's Spider-Man Universe thread, but there are conflicting reports. The first one from 2019 when they first renegotiated said that Disney will help Sony with Spider-Man 3, and that Tom Holland will get to appear in one more MCU film. Whether that film is a crossover or Spider-Man 4, I don't know.

However, this report directly contradicts the second report from earlier this year. This is what Tom Holland said:
The introduction of the multi-verse pretty much opens up any possibility in the future if ever they negotiate a new contract for more films.