• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
IMG_20201209_111722.jpg

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/12/09/playstation-store-november-2020s-top-downloads/

Congrats to Insomniac! Deserved.

Bushido

Senior Game Designer
Verified
Feb 6, 2018
The Pathless as a digital-only release way too low. Come on, guys...

Deleted member 44122

but i thought no one was buying tlou2, im shooketh :O

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Anybody who is assuming that Sackboy is lacking on PS4 needs to watch John's excellent DF video.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Sackboy was also a PS4 game, so surprising to not see it charting for the PS4

The general vibe I've gotten from Sackboy (not having played it) is that it's a good game that also happens to be a decent showcase for the new hardware, so it doesn't surprise me at all that it's not tearing up the PS4 charts where there's a lot more competition. Like if you've got a PS5 and want a game for your kids (or really like 3D platformers), chances are you're grabbing Sackboy, but if you have a PS4 and want a kid game, there's a ton of options.

bigbaldwolf86

attempted ban circumvention by using an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Demons Souls was robbed

Glad to see it ranking pretty high on both lists. Its the first souls game I've played and its incredible.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Obviously Sackboy was a game PS5 owners bought to fill out their library more so than a PS4 owner would need to but is there a possibility some weren't even aware it came out on PS4? Because it not even charting seems really strange.

Jan 20, 2019
The general vibe I've gotten from Sackboy (not having played it) is that it's a good game that also happens to be a decent showcase for the new hardware, so it doesn't surprise me at all that it's not tearing up the PS4 charts where there's a lot more competition. Like if you've got a PS5 and want a game for your kids (or really like 3D platformers), chances are you're grabbing Sackboy, but if you have a PS4 and want a kid game, there's a ton of options.

It was nothing to do with options but they way Sony market the game.

They have being saying is a ps5 game when is also a ps4 game, which is the doubest thing i ever saw a company do.

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Hats off to Miles. What a great game. Happy to see Demon's Souls sitting pretty high considering that it's $70 (which is dumb as hell).

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
It was nothing to do with options but they way Sony market the game.

They have being saying is a ps5 game when is also a ps4 game, which is the doubest thing i ever saw a company do.

They did that with Miles Morales too and that's selling exceptionally well on PS4. I still think it's a case of Sackboy being a prime example of a game that benefits from being a launch title - good enough to be worth playing & a nice way to check out your new system's capabilities, but not a 10/10 must-play that would stand out on a more crowded marketplace or platform.

Jan 20, 2019
They did that with Miles Morales too and that's selling exceptionally well on PS4. I still think it's a case of Sackboy being a prime example of a game that benefits from being a launch title - good enough to be worth playing & a nice way to check out your new system's capabilities, but not a 10/10 must-play that would stand out on a more crowded marketplace or platform.

They feature Spider Man with a big poster in the ps store when you open it, Sackboy is no were to be seing, the marketing of the game reads like "PS5 Game".

That is the main reason IMO, doubt is because the game is not a 10/10.

uptownsoul

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 6, 2017
I love looking at differences between North America and Europe…Cold War & Miles flip-flop…Valhalla & Demon's flip-flop…Of course Watch Dogs being set in UK is probably why it was higher in EU vs NA…And NBA being more popular in NA over EU is why its higher on the former…Borderlands being #6 in EU vs #11 in NA AND WRC 9 being #10 in EU vs #16 in NA are both pretty interesting (most of the other top games are within 2 or 3 spots)

Oldhand

Oct 28, 2017
Obviously Sackboy was a game PS5 owners bought to fill out their library more so than a PS4 owner would need to but is there a possibility some weren't even aware it came out on PS4? Because it not even charting seems really strange.
I get what you're saying, but I for one didn't buy it for filler. I had a choice of either Demon's Souls, Assassin's creed or Sackboy and a combination of the reviews (the words strangely didn't seem to reflect the scores given) and a chance to play something fun with my youngest kid won me out. I'm glad it did - it's great and I hope it won't continue to be ignored.

Saiyaman

Dec 19, 2017
Miles was sold out like everywhere around me, so I'm not too surprised to see it take the number one spot. I had to buy it digitally myself.

illmatic22

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Super Bowl LII Champions
Think those who got a PS5 already are more likely to be enthusiasts who would be interested in a game like Sackboy. While on PS4 there is a much bigger casual audience that has more choice of games and went with more mainstream titles. Which unlike Spider-Man, is not something Sackboy can claim.

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
Some nice surprises on those lists. Demon's Souls nicely at the top and No Man's Sky ahead of new releases like Dirt 5.