• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
MOD EDIT: bad link removed

The sales info comes from Super Data, a Nielsen Company, who reports the numbers where the first Spider-Man game sold 2.2 million copies at launch, but Miles Morales only sold 663k:

Spider-Man: Miles Morales sold 663K digital units across PlayStation 4 and 5. Sales of the Sony-published title did not compare to the launch of Marvel's Spider-Man in September 2018 (2.2M).

spider-man-miles-morales-tanks-70-percent-drop.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
What I find interesting is that both Marvel's Avengers and the Miles Morales games feature politically correct replacement characters for the much more popular Marvel characters, as Marvel's Avengers features Kamala Khan as Ms. Marvel (who replaced Carol Danvers) who basically replaces The Avengers, and of course, for the Spider-Man game, Miles Morales is a Peter Parker Spider-Man replacement.
What typically happens, and we see this in Hollywood all the time, is that story and content are sacrificed in order to push a politically correct-driven agenda that backfires completely (Disney Star Wars, Doctor Who, Supergirl, Terminator, Ghostbusters, etc).
Sus source.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I don't know if I buy the thesis that fans want original characters. Spiderverse did amazing box office wise.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
What I find interesting is that both Marvel's Avengers and the Miles Morales games feature politically correct replacement characters for the much more popular Marvel characters, as Marvel's Avengers features Kamala Khan as Ms. Marvel (who replaced Carol Danvers) who basically replaces The Avengers, and of course, for the Spider-Man game, Miles Morales is a Peter Parker Spider-Man replacement.

What typically happens, and we see this in Hollywood all the time, is that story and content are sacrificed in order to push a politically correct-driven agenda that backfires completely (Disney Star Wars, Doctor Who, Supergirl, Terminator, Ghostbusters, etc).

Definitely no agenda here, lol.

Not sure what to make of the sales numbers, but I think I'll wait for analysis from a website that doesn't have a pretty clear rooting interest in characterizing it as a failure.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Interesting. I wonder if it's a mix of PS5 unavailability, digital adoption, and the $70 price point.

That said, considering it's on PS4 I assumed it'd do gangbusters at Christmas regardless. Maybe this makes Sony reconsider long term PS4 support?

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown

uh huh
i see the social studies warriors are at fault again

what is this shit

Uzuki

Oct 27, 2017
United States

Vidpixel

Oct 27, 2017
Uh, yeah that article is certainly something else like wtf. The last two paragraphs are the definition of cringe.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Source bad.

We should wait for official sales data to determine the success of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.