• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
That might be the best black hair texture ever in a game.

I can see white people wanting to touch it out of curiosity.
tenor.gif

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
It's not a reference, white people just... do that. A lot.
It's not a reference, just a way of life lmao.
Happened to me plenty of times.

Ah! Oooh!

Uh, I must confess that I too have had the desire to touch the afro, feel that afro (I have not done it though). It can, depending on size, look gravity defying and self restrained simultaneously. The human genome is truly fascinating.

Yea, I realize how awkward it is can be singled out and one your superficial features (courtesy of your ethnic heritage) seemingly fetishized.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus. These look like bullshots but I know they're truly that good.

Might just buy a PS5 at launch. Need a 4k TV though to really enjoy...

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Looks incredible. Kind of impressive that this is a cross-gen title.

gr8kamon

Oct 30, 2017
I decided to just get a PS5 when Horizon came out, but these photos are making me real mad I didn't even try and get a preorder.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I feel so out of touch because I did not get that reference.

Lol. It's a reference to real life, sadly.

I don't know if there is a black person alive that hasn't had a white person come up to them and ask them to touch their hair. Actually, a lot of the time they do it without the asking. Just reach out and touch it. Source: black people.

I know I can say from experience that it's happened to me more time than I can count. I'm glad I shave my head, so there's no hair to touch lol

Ah! Oooh!

Uh, I must confess that I too have had the desire to touch the afro, feel that afro (I have not done it though). It can, depending on size, look gravity defying and self restrained simultaneously. The human genome is truly fascinating.

Yea, I realize how awkward it is can be singled out and one your superficial features (courtesy of your ethnic heritage) seemingly fetishized.

It's like that comment, and your avatar quote are made for one another lol

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
That Spider-Verse suit, sweet. I can't tell from the screenshot but I wonder if it'll be a little bit cartoon-shaded in the game.

Edit: wait, nevermind, it's just the normal suit but the round eyes threw me off. Hope we do get the spider-verse suit tho.

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
These graphics are near Pixar, absolutely stunning, going to be an amazing generation.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
first, screenshots look amazing. Second, I don't know if I'm a fan of all the neon and souped-up enemies. Feels OTT for a spiderman game (yes I know the first one had you swinging after a helicopter with a generator hanging from it while stopping a crane crashing down). Gives me a Second Son vibe more than a Spiderman one

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
I am so damn temped to replay the first in the remaster but I also want to jump right in to Miles.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I love the visual aesthetic of this game.

I think about it in the context of all of the open world Spider-Man games that have come before Insomniac thankfully took over the IP. Most of Activision's mediocre efforts recycled the same map over and over again. Partially understandable, because it's New York. There's only so much you can do with the map and retain the feeling of New York.

By setting the game during the winter, as well as establishing a visual identity focusing on neon lights and bright colors, it manages to differentiate itself from the previous Spider-Man PS4 title, while still being the same map at its core. I like it a lot. We get to see a New York we very rarely see in games, and in particular open world games set in New York. It was a smart move on the design team at Insomniac.

Even moreso when you think that Spider-Man 2 (possibly releasing in 2022), will also feature the same map. Although I believe that game will expand the map to other boroughs beyond the first two games.

Sheng Long

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
I love the visual aesthetic of this game.

I think about it in the context of all of the open world Spider-Man games that have come before Insomniac thankfully took over the IP. Most of Activision's mediocre efforts recycled the same map over and over again. Partially understandable, because it's New York. There's only so much you can do with the map and retain the feeling of New York.

By setting the game during the winter, as well as establishing a visual identity focusing on neon lights and bright colors, it manages to differentiate itself from the previous Spider-Man PS4 title, while still being the same map at its core. I like it a lot. We get to see a New York we very rarely see in games, and in particular open world games set in New York. It was a smart move on the design team at Insomniac.

Even moreso when you think that Spider-Man 2 (possibly releasing in 2022), will also feature the same map. Although I believe that game will expand the map to other boroughs beyond the first two games.

I think they will branch out beyond the current location for 2 as well.

KiDdYoNe

Oct 25, 2017
What the fuck Insomniac, this is illegal.

I hope they still have contract with Hot Toys. If so, I'm so buying that 2020 figure.