• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly fuck Demon's Souls, Fuck Sackboy, Fuck talking about Bugsnax get that shit outta here. It's all about Miles at launch.

Badcoo

May 9, 2018
Looks good. Excited to get this on ps4 and replay it on ps5. Make it feel like a whole new game.

If buy this digitally for ps4, i'll be able to play ps5 version on ps5 right?

Sage

Oct 27, 2017
Japan
Probably the latter. The physics or lack thereof are still a bit wonky when you freefall and shoot a web at the last second.

HVJdFqa.gif
I can't be the only one who thinks it looked terrible, like some Garry's Mod rag doll level stuff? This particular jank in the quoted gif is like something straight out of Sonic 06.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
I can't be the only one who thinks it looked terrible, like some Garry's Mod rag doll level stuff? This particular jank in the quoted gif is like something straight out of Sonic 06.

I mean, there's a point where they need to serve the gameplay over physics. Because real physics there would not be nice at all.

Toa Axis

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
I mean, there's a point where they need to serve the gameplay over physics. Because real physics there would not be nice at all.
It wasn't an issue in any past Spider-Man game. In that scenario in Spider-Man 2, or Web of Shadows, or Ultimate Spider-Man, the wiser choice would be to Web Zip to carry your momentum forward, or to aim your swing in a direction more conducive to carry on your current momentum. I understand Insomniac's intentions regarding accessibility, but I don't think you should be able to just swing regardless of where you're positioned in the game world. Being able to mess up is okay - the safeguard seen in their game where you can literally never touch the ground while swinging not only lowers the skill ceiling, but feels terrible to actually control. To have all of your momentum weirdly catapulted in a direction that makes no sense just doesn't feel good in the hand.

Maybe they can add an "advanced" swinging option in the proper sequel or something that drops all of the safeguards with the current system or something to satisfy all parties, but I would be very dissapointed if they keep things more-or-less the same.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
Looks fantastic.

The first had my favorite traversal in any game and this one seems to be a considerable improvement, the animation transitions are incredibly smooth overall.

Theme is dope too.

Deleted member 46804

Banned
Aug 17, 2018
it's kind of hilarious people can't tell whether it's ps5 or ps4. speaks to insomniacs quality.
Not a diss on Insomniac but it more speaks to this being a cross generational launch game built off of a PS4 exclusive. This game looks great but nothing screams PS5. Visually I think Demon Souls or even Insomniac's Ratchet mop the floor with it.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
Not a diss on Insomniac but it more speaks to this being a cross generational launch game built off of a PS4 exclusive. This game looks great but nothing screams PS5. Visually I think Demon Souls or even Insomniac's Ratchet mop the floor with it.

Nah the raytraced reflections make me believe otherwise.

Deleted member 46804

Banned
Aug 17, 2018
Nah the raytraced reflections make me believe otherwise.
I mean it's nice but it doesn't elevate the visuals enough to make it a huge step up over the footage here. There's more to "next-gen" than RT reflections. If those other games weren't coming to the PS5, I would stick to the PS4 for this game. The visuals are close enough.

WishIwasAwolf

Banned
Oct 24, 2020
The fact that this looks so good makes the PS5 version lose a bit of impact. However, I expect Spider-Man 2 to make the PS5 look like the cross-gen game which it basically is.
I don't expect my PS5 to arrive any time soon so for now I am happy that the PS4 version looks great!

KAMI-SAMA

Banned
Aug 25, 2020
Why is everyone still arguing or confused on whether this is the PS5 version or not? It's literally in the title of this thread that it's the PS4 version. Also, maybe people haven't had a good look at the PS5 version of MM, but you can kind of tell this is the PS4 version.

Deleted member 25128

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Not a big fan of the uncontrolled swinging, looks a little too OTT. But wow it may just be me but that looks great compared to Spiderman on PS4, looks like they might have been able to improve the PS4 version as well. I said I wasn't going to buy any of the expensive games at launch, due to cyberpunk being my core game to play (lolz), so due to that not coming at at launch I folded and got the special edition thingy with miles and Spiderman in.... damn wallet.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
If that's PS4, with reflections on buildings and the only gripe is the sudden weird pull it does at spots, I'm feeling alot better about not being able to get a ps5 at launch and just playing this on my PS4 on the 12th

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Love the sort of "novice" animations, that's an awesome detail.

Not loving how it seems like they haven't revamped the web slinging at all. I loved it in the PS4 game, but I also thought it should have more weight - more momentum. It often felt too much like you were weightless and sort of walking on air.

EDIT: there's a part in that video posted just above when the swing basically turns it into floating over the rooftop of a building lol. That's the kind of thing I mean. It's too "safe" or something.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
Looks good, hope the reviews show meaningful content as it is the only reason I have not traded in my Pro yet. Game is still $65 in Canada

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
As a cross gen game the difference between PS4 and PS5 are probably not going to be that huge. The combat video also shows off that screen space reflections are still quite serviceable. They're of course not on the level of raytracing, but the question is if you'll even notice those details mid-combat

I saw this new gameplay too. Not sure if posted before:

I like this bit. Don't quite remember enemies reacting to the environment like this (bracing against the pillar) in the original

fLUK8rL.gif