• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
Crazy how we are seeing load times this fast already, can you imagine in a few years.

Imagine PS6 loading times when RAM only increases by 2x (32 GB) but SSD speed increases by at least 4x.

While the jump in SSD speed for PS6 won't be as massive as the jump from PS4 slow HDD to super fast PS5 SSD, the future gen console SSD speed increase will certainly be greater than the RAM increase.

I mean, is there any reason why that couldn't happen? Even if PS6 got a 3x increase in RAM (48 GB), that should still be offset by any reasonable increase in SSD speed, right?

Last edited:

tetopeto

Oct 30, 2017
SP / Brazil
4da.gif

Yabberwocky

Oct 27, 2017
Good lord, lol.

Well damn! I wonder if the combo of faster SSD + haptic feedback will make ppl go with PS5 version of 3rd party games over XSX's resolution advantage.

It'll be interesting. I'm really looking forward to seeing how the third-party games compare, because I'm not really sure who do go with for multi-platform games next gen!

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
In five years that 7 seconds will feel like agony, lol. We grow accustomed to these advancements so fast.

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
The PlayStation 5 is the most exciting console ever. Good lord, the dual sense, the UI with activity cards, the "'no load times" being actually real and the infinite lineup of incredible exclusives.

This video really just put it all together for me. This is true fucking next gen hype. What a revolution. Whew.

Djalminha

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 22, 2020
A couple of minutes?
I really doubt it, to say the least
Maybe I am influenced by what I've been playing lately, FIFA, which has an endless list of mandatory logos. My point was that most games will force you to watch a few logos so you won't be able to just start playing within a few mere seconds, that's all.

TyrantII

Oct 25, 2017
Boston
Developers are really going to have to rethink splash screens and menu screens this gen.

Honestly, move that stuff to the OS level game oage and let us boot right into games (maybe using those cards sony showed?)

TsuWave

Oct 27, 2017
Lol, no. The haptic is nice to have and the loading probably won't be too much different on third party games. But if you miss out on Game Pass, Smart Delivery, thousands of back compatibility games, partly with real 4K patches, better performance, better resolution and quick resume just for 5 second faster loading to go with PS5 as main platform, that would be an incredibly awful move in my opinion.

I get both on day one and today alone I've saw two more threads which confirmed how good the decision was to go with SX as main platform once again. It's almost daily currently.

I'm thrilled as hell for all exclusives, but for third party games? Not a single reason to buy a game there if you have both.

Not going to lie, this is a weird post to read in this thread. I feel like at times people sound like straight PR mouthpieces without even realizing. Breh, you going on about fluff like Smart Delivery, and other stuff like how awesome your old games will be on SX in a thread about how Miles Morales alleged load speeds.

Sometimes just gotta ease off, you know.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
The part where they continued the game and it loaded and was playable in like 2.5 seconds was magic. That was the part that really amazed me.

We've technically seen Killzone Shadow Fall load to menu in about the same time, so it's slightly less impressive. But I've never seen an open world game load from the menu in less than 3 seconds.

Oct 27, 2017
At this point, I'm hoping there is an "Activity" card that gives me the option to just click on whatever is the most recent save file straight from the hole UI.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
With games loading up that fast, why would you ever go physical? Having what you're currently playing owned digitally and on the internal is a no brainer.

hanmik

Editor/Writer at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Lol, no. The haptic is nice to have and the loading probably won't be too much different on third party games. But if you miss out on Game Pass, Smart Delivery, thousands of back compatibility games with the new auto HDR, partly with real 4K patches, better performance, better resolution and quick resume just for 5 second faster loading to go with PS5 as main platform, that would be an incredibly awful move in my opinion.

I get both on day one and today alone I've saw two more threads which confirmed how good the decision was to go with SX as main platform once again. It's almost daily currently.

I'm thrilled as hell for all exclusives, but for third party games? Not a single reason to buy a game there if you have both.

How have you managed to stay on this forum as an active poster? Witchcraft?

SneakersSO

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
North America
Well damn! I wonder if the combo of faster SSD + haptic feedback will make ppl go with PS5 version of 3rd party games over XSX's resolution advantage.
The PS4 hasn't been the strongest console that plays 3rd party games in 2 years.

It is still by far the biggest place 3rd party games are played. Anyone thinking that this is going to change when Sony does have some distinct advantages is fooling themselves.

Heck, MS doesn't even have a game that flexes the HW in any meaningful way for awhile. Sony gets free reign.

Shifty360

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 3, 2020
User Banned (3 days): Antagonising other members, accusations of astroturfing
Not going to lie, this is a weird post to read in this thread. I feel like at times people sound like straight PR mouthpieces without even realizing. Breh, you going on about fluff like Smart Delivery, and other stuff like how awesome your old games will be on SX in a thread about how Miles Morales alleged load speeds.

Sometimes just gotta ease off, you know.

Astroturfing is common around these times, it has happened many times before.

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
One can only wonder how Kojima can get his name multiple times, and others to be fair, on-screen how he likes to do. But I suspect devs and those above will start slowing loading down to have splash screens and the like going forward. A great reason to play on PC was you could mod out the startup screens. Yes yes 2K I get it I know you own the dev who made this game I load up every day. I gave you my money already, damn.