• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Poldino

Oct 27, 2020
This is crazy, that jump from game menu and gameplay is INSANE.

That SSD is really doing wonders uh

Rndom Grenadez

Prophet of Truth
Dec 7, 2017
Impressive, I wonder if it's from a cold boot. Only ask because of the lack of logos. Either way my son and I can't be more hyped!

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
User Banned (3 Days): Platform Warring
Well damn! I wonder if the combo of faster SSD + haptic feedback will make ppl go with PS5 version of 3rd party games over XSX's resolution advantage.

Lol, no. The haptic is nice to have and the loading probably won't be too much different on third party games. But if you miss out on Game Pass, Smart Delivery, thousands of back compatibility games with the new auto HDR, partly with real 4K patches, better performance, better resolution and quick resume just for 5 second faster loading to go with PS5 as main platform, that would be an incredibly awful move in my opinion.

I get both on day one and today alone I've saw two more threads which confirmed how good the decision was to go with SX as main platform once again. It's almost daily currently.

I'm thrilled as hell for all exclusives, but for third party games? Not a single reason to buy a game there if you have both.

Last edited:

Kingpin722

Oct 28, 2017
I can see PlayStation counter marketing right now: "Do you care more about looking at games or playing them?

Pancracio17

ā–² Legend ā–²
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Damn. And its a 3D main menu screen with high quality assets and all. Impressive.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
How long do open world games typically take to load on PC with an SSD? Asking cuz I've never used one. Anywhere near this fast? Faster?

I have not tried any yet... waiting for the new build to be complete, however:

I should also note that loading times in this Watch Dogs Legion are insanely fast! While the game isn't completely built for SSDs (it's a cross-gen game), on an NVMe PCIe Gen 3.0 SSD the game will take maybe 4 seconds to load any event, be it fast travel or otherwise. That makes it one of the fastest loading games I've ever played, and that deserves some attention.
www.techquila.co.in

Watch Dogs Legion PC Performance Review - RTX 2060 Super Delivers the Next-Gen Console Experience (and More)

Watch Dogs Legion is the first open-world Ubisoft title to support ray tracing, so what do you need to do to achieve good performance? Well, even a baseline RTX 2060 can potentially outperform the next-gen consoles.

Looks like WDL , despite having poor performance, has good loading

madridi-gh

Mar 25, 2018
I actually laughed out loud when I saw this. It's crazy.

You know, this is one of my main reasons to mainly go digital this gen. Switching between discs will be too slow for me after I get you used to this lol

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
A game of this caliber doesn't launch from cold boot that fast on my SSD PC

Yeah it's faster than the SSDs currently available. I have a 2TB M.2 NVME SSD and it takes a bit longer to load into games though still light years ahead of a HDD. I think the consoles will benefit even more from this tech, especially the first party devs. We usually see them produce better looking, better optimized games than what's on PC just because they are able to become so familiar with the hardware and focus so intently on it. This is just the beginning of the generation too. Wait until they really dig into it. The jump from 2013 to games like TLOU II is astronomical and we're starting with much more powerful consoles this time around. It's going to be a good time I think.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
those game icons on the dash

138584_042.jpg

Spiderman > Dirt 5 > Hitman > [No Idea] > Astrobot > Ratchet > PS+ icon > [No idea] > Bloodborne

That is what I can see

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Frustrating games are going to be so much less so with these sorts of speeds. Nothing worse than dying and having to wait 30 seconds to get back in for another attempt. It's why control sucks and why super meat boy is addictive.

Oct 27, 2017
I wasn't ready for that save game load. I knew it was gonna be the case, but they are gonna have to start adding additional transitions between those to make then immediacy of it less
Thought it was always needed legal wise. Learn something new everyday. So devs stop doing it for every game. Thanks haha
depending on your licence agreements with some middleware vendors, you can pay extra to not have to do that.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Since he's resuming the game after he's already played it some, I'm wondering if the logos are going to be a "first time boot" sort of thing. Like, the very first time you pop the game into the system and run it, displays all of the logos/warnings, logs it, then, the next time you boot up the game to play, it just ignores all of that shit and goes straight to the main menu.

I think that'd be a decent certification compromise. They still show the player all the necessary logos and warnings, but, let's be honest, most of us don't need to see that shit every single time we boot a game. Although I think health warnings should be kept (ie, epilepsy warnings).

In either case, it's so impressive how fast things load on this machine. I tend to jump around from game to game a lot (what I'm in the mood to play changes constantly), so being able to get in and out of various games faster is a huge bonus for me. I'm almost always juggling 3 or 4 games, and I have a few that I return to a lot, just to unwind from work (No Man's Sky is my go to relaxation game, and Spider-Man PS4 is one I would pop in all of the time to swing around the city for a bit to unwind after a long work day).

Between the stupid fast load times, and the Dual Sense controller, the PS5 is definitely pushing game design forward. Really good shit.

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
RIP Twitter

The bet on hardware improvements that didn't revolve around graphics may have paid off.

Oct 27, 2017
Is that dude speaking Norweigan, or am I hearing it wrong?

Who is this mystery Norweigan leaker that has access to both MM and the PS5 already.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
Spiderman > Dirt 5 > Hitman > [No Idea] > Astrobot > Ratchet > PS+ icon > [No idea] > Bloodborne

That is what I can see

yeah, those two are the ones I have no idea either. Dont know if messing around with saturation on editing software would make them more clear, I'm pretty clueless about that stuff

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
Well damn! I wonder if the combo of faster SSD + haptic feedback will make ppl go with PS5 version of 3rd party games over XSX's resolution advantage.
Haptic+triggers are definitely pushing me that way since that will make a big difference in the experience. Loading being faster is just the cherry on top.

With that said, I do prefer the bc commitment by MS.

I might end up getting both versions of my favorite 3rd party games. When discounted. šŸ˜­

Oct 25, 2017
This is probably gonna be the craziest feature, i feel like the general audience is going to be blown away by how fast it'll take to load up a game of FIFA or something like that.

ItIsOkBro

Happy New Year!!
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That save game load was insane

I would not be opposed to all the middleware being here so it doesn't impact booting

image-75.png