• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone read The Telegraph's original article? Maybe that one is more clear?
"Although at least one of those titles isn't quite what it may have seemed. Show opener Spider-Man Miles Morales looked like an entirely new follow up to 2018's excellent PS4 exclusive Marvel's Spider-Man starring the new, titular protagonist. However Rutter clarified it's actually more akin to an expansion bolted on to an upgraded version of the original title.

"I guess you could call it an expansion and an enhancement to the previous game," he explained. "There's a substantial Miles Morales component - which is the expansion element - but also within the game as well there's been major enhancements to the game and the game engine, obviously deploying some of the major PlayStation 5 technology and features."

"I think what is very interesting for everyone to see is how familiar games might be to some degree changed through the workings of PlayStation 5," explains Rutter when asked whether such familiarity is actually an important part of transitioning an installed user base from old machines to the new."

I missed the Telegraph saying it was "bolted on to an upgraded version of the original title" before, which is why my earlier posts were "expansion only." But this is the part of the article that deals with Spider-Man and it's not from Sony themselves but rather the Telegraph's own words at that point so I guess we will wait and see.

shinken

Oct 27, 2017
I'm so confused by the wording of this.

"I guess you can call it [insert whatever]"

It either is or it isn't lol. What a dumb way to pitch your game.
Because Jim Ryan said the PS5 will only have games that are possible on the PS5 and they want to give PS fans something new. And this is just the PS4 game with added content with flashier graphics. Yeah, if the PS boss said something like that prior, it's kinda hard to pitch such a game in a straigh forward way.
This dude needs to stop talking. In the stream he also said we are going to see the biggest transition ever. Erm.....no, no transition will be as big as going from 2D to 3D. And they definitely didn't showcase that with the games they've shown.

Deleted member 8688

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lost Legacy was all new environments. This is a new story in NYC, i.e. it's going to be the same open world as the original but with new missions. It's more like Infamous First Light.

The "enhancements" are going to be no load times and 4K resolution and haptic feedback etc.

Adam_Roman

Oct 25, 2017
Considering Peter's story is far from over with everything they set up in the first game, and this wasn't called Marvel's Spider-Man 2, I was expecting this to not be a full length title. And if anything that just has me more hyped because we'll have something to hold us over until 2 comes out in 2-3 years.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
Its a expansion, and I dont know how anyone could think otherwise, the game come out 2 years Ago.
And the "enhancements of the previous game" its clearly saying how in this expansion they will take advantage of the hardware to improve what we saw in the first game, I dont understand how its hard to see that way.

ChrisP8Three

Oct 26, 2017
Leeds
That makes sense given the rumours of Venom, Carnage and Harry Osborne in the 'sequel', which would make sense to do the story with Peter first and them.
SO this means we get an expanded remaster of SPider-Man and then a sequel a little later down the line
I see this as an absolute win

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
"Although at least one of those titles isn't quite what it may have seemed. Show opener Spider-Man Miles Morales looked like an entirely new follow up to 2018's excellent PS4 exclusive Marvel's Spider-Man starring the new, titular protagonist. However Rutter clarified it's actually more akin to an expansion bolted on to an upgraded version of the original title.

"I guess you could call it an expansion and an enhancement to the previous game," he explained. "There's a substantial Miles Morales component - which is the expansion element - but also within the game as well there's been major enhancements to the game and the game engine, obviously deploying some of the major PlayStation 5 technology and features."

"I think what is very interesting for everyone to see is how familiar games might be to some degree changed through the workings of PlayStation 5," explains Rutter when asked whether such familiarity is actually an important part of transitioning an installed user base from old machines to the new."

I missed the Telegraph saying it was "bolted on to an upgraded version of the original title" before, which is why my earlier posts were "expansion only." But this is the part of the article that deals with Spider-Man and it's not from Sony themselves but rather the Telegraph's own words at that point so I guess we will wait and see.

This all makes it sound like it's the original game remastered + a Lost Legacy-style expansion, which is actually more than I was expecting after the trailer yesterday.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
If it was a remaster from the first game they would showed the gameplay from the first game as well. They wouldn't miss the chance to sell the 2018 Spider-Man again.

Shoot

Oct 25, 2017

It sounds more like Persona 5 Royal than Infamous: First Light. As someone who only wants to play the Miles Morales part, I hope Sony sells it separately.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
Its a expansion, and I dont know how anyone could think otherwise, the game come out 2 years Ago.
And the "enhancements of the previous game" its clearly saying how in this expansion they will take advantage of the hardware to improve what we saw in the first game, I dont understand how its hard to see that way.

I'm half kidding but... GTAV says hi. LOL

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
If its like Lost Legacy but longer (as same NYC) that would be cool. Also explains how they got it out quick with a new Ratchet & Clank in Development. Though that trailer def didn't make it clear it wasn't a sequel.

Deleted member 15447

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Doesn't sound like it's the original game to me.

Same world sure but I don't see this including the original game with the new enhancements.

Deleted member 32135

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
It's a standalone game like First Light or TLL.

First Light and TLL are not the same. First Light is an expanded story with a new character reusing the same setting. TLL is an all new story in a new setting with new characters. They are not reusing the world of Uncharted 4. TLL is a totally new game just shorter in scope.

If this is a First Light sceneario it's disappointing.

upinsmoke

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Because creating confusion causes negativity as has been demonstrated in just a few pages. Job done.

Ikuu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So it's the original game with a few Miles missons, I've got pretty low expectations for this.

WackoWambo

Jan 11, 2018
Sony just murkied the cross gen buying all the more. Will my digital Spider-man PS4 work on new console? Will I be able to upgrade to this version at a discount? Find out next week, on super vague console launch!

sleepr

Banned for misusing pronouns feature
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
First Light and TLL are not the same. First Light is an expanded history reusing the same setting with a new a character. TLL is an all new story in a new setting with new characters. TLL is a totally new gamejust shorter in scope.

Both are stand alone games, that's the point.

HaremKing

Banned
Dec 20, 2018
First Light and TLL are not the same. First Light is an expanded history reusing the same setting with a new a character. TLL is an all new story in a new setting with new characters. TLL is a totally new gamejust shorter in scope.

Wait, are you expecting a Spider-Man game that doesn't have the setting as NYC?

Status
Not open for further replies.