• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
Man, people here really don't know how teens sounds like. Nor do they know how young adults looks like either lol

Aug 2, 2018
I agree, the full sequel should bring some more innovation, hopefully co-op or switching between the 2 spideys
I just wanna see some longer downward pendulum swinging . In SmPS4, he always shot his webs almost at 90 degree above his head, leading to shorter swings. I also wanna see more rotational movements, i.e., wrap a webline around a building and spidey catapults around a building with rapid velocities. Hold the R2 trigger and press it again and Spider-man, shoots a web from his other hand, leading to quicker direction changes or just continue swinging off the previous web rather than letting go of the first web-line and then going into the next one. Swing too low to the ground and his web-line either breaks or he runs along the street, instead of the game just automatically pulling you up.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
soundtrack already sounds better than the first game since it's not trying to sound like a movie score

let's hope the second Peter game incorporates some rock influence in it's OST like the sick opening song

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Has there been any confirmation or footage showing whether or not gadgets have shortcut macros for instant use now, or if they're still only accessible via the gadget wheel?
I need to know. I want that Arkham flow. I don't wanna bring up a wheel every time I wanna get a little tricky. It's the main reason I can't put Spider-Man's combat on the level of Arkham's.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
ok real talk some of you don't have much experience with young adult men or you wouldn't be talkin bout this 17yo's voice like it's out of place

I know people in their late 20s with voices just like that, lmao

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Miles flailing around when he's swinging. The expression on his mask. Holy fucking shit, man. What an absolute dream. Give it to me NOW!

NMFried

Oct 25, 2017
TX
Spider-Man coming in to snatch the GOTY crown for me. This game could be two hours long but Spider-Cat, video game Miles and swinging in 4K/60FPS will do it for me.

cb1115

Oct 25, 2017
those swinging animations wow

the Into the Spider-Verse influence is real and extremely good

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious to see the comparisons of PS5 to PS4 MM. I mean, this does look really clean and crisp and it does look as if they upped the detail in the environments. Let's see if that's also the case on PS4 though.
I really like that golden lighting and the wet/icy and reflective streets. Looks so nice!

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Voice acting for Miles is fucking awful, especially after Spider-Verse. Voice director failed big time.

Penny Royal

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
QLD, Australia
Loads of people ITT think they're Barry White or something. Miles' voice is fine for 17 year old.

Main takeaway from the Spider-cat clip is the RT on that shop door and the seamless interior/exterior transitions...that's where you'll see loading on the PS4...I'm assuming we'll see something similar in the remaster in the Ultimate edition too, e.g landing at Doc Ocks lab, and just walking in.

I suspect we might see something similar in HFW too - not just increased city density on PS5, but also some kind of loading system for interiors (or a limited number you can enter), and if they do include flying mounts, seamless on PS5, some kind of loading transition masked by a cutscene of Aloy climbing on and then a 'flying mode' being used on PS4.

hydruxo

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Exited out of this video after a few seconds when the music kicked in and he started swinging because I realized that I want to experience that for the first time on my PS5 when I play it. The beginning of Spider-Man PS4 when Peter jumps out of the window and it transitions to gameplay was an amazing moment and I want the same feeling when I play Miles Morales as my first PS5 game. It's going to be glorious.

Last edited:

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I really have to hand it to the animators who realized Miles' webslinging. It's so good. It's exactly what it needed to be. It's less coordinated, not as fluid, clearly not the locomotion of someone whose been doing this for very long. And at the same time, there's a thrill to his clumsiness. The sense that he is having more fun. It's just incredible work.