• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ShutterMunster

Art Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
As someone who started gaming on Sega Mega Drive, I agree with this sentiment. We should see a healthy balance between presentation and scope, devs shouldn't be put in a position to work their backsides off anymore.

I think we're at a good point now, for me I'd be happy with improved animations and models, global illumination and generally higher performance.

You think work life balance is going to improve if people stop pushing...graphics? This ain't it, chief.

Anyway, there's some new swinging gameplay flying around.

Chris Metal

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
msm_milesmorales_ps5_harlem_legal.jpg

4DQD6E1.gif

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
While I do not need character and environment model and textures to be any higher than we already have. Like I don't even mind visible polygon on wheel or blocky finger etc. I do wish thing like animation, physics, cloth sim, lighting keep getting better.
Yeah, same. I know it's going to get better, I'm not complaining but there's a cost to it all.
You think work life balance is going to improve if people stop pushing...graphics? This ain't it, chief.

No, not entirely. I think it has more to do with management and expectations.