• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Please tell me one of the lessons they learned is that stealth missions are terrible.

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz
Oh, shit so this is Spider-Man 2! What does a bit shorter mean though? They originally compared this to Uncharted LL which was half or so the length of Uncharted 4, mind you Uncharted 4 was a lot of bullshit filler so, this might be more substantial I hope.

OP
OP
WordsintheWater
Oct 25, 2017
Updated the OP with 1 more story related thing that a lot of people were curious about. Don't read unless you beat Marvel's Spider-Man and the DLC's and you want to know why Peter isn't always around in the new game.

After the opening sequence Peter tells Miles Mary Jane is going to Symkaria and that he will be joining her as the photographer

jstevenson

Developer at Insomniac Games
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Burbank CA
For clarity: all of Manhattan is there again (with some new additions etc... and changes from the last year of in-world time).

The particular focus was on Harlem / Miles's neighborhood.

19thCenturyFox

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
Oh, shit so this is Spider-Man 2! What does a bit shorter mean though? They originally compared this to Uncharted LL which was half or so the length of Uncharted 4, mind you Uncharted 4 was a lot of bullshit filler so, this might be more substantial I hope.

If I had to guess based on what has been revealed so far "a bit shorter" probably means around the same length as the original game without the MJ/Miles stealth missions.

Last edited:
OP
OP
WordsintheWater
Oct 25, 2017
Combat Details:

-Hold L1 to charge the Venom in Miles
-While holding L1, each face button when tapped has a different move
-All the Venom attacks cause Venom Stun to enemies and they are more vulnerable to attacks in this state
-Venom isn't unlimited and is built up like Peter's focus meter
-Describes the sensation of charging the venom attack as building up in the left side of the Dual Sense controller and then flows to the right side and rumbles again when you push a face button
-Miles has his own set up gadgets and they are used just like in the first game
-Able to perform stealth takedowns from ceilings and walls now
-Can also reset stealth encounters after being seen by using Miles' Camouflage ability, enemies will then become frightened and fire wildly into the air and try to flush him out with grenades
-Some enemies are able to see you even when camouflaged

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
From an "expansion" to a "true sequel" that's almost as long as the first game?

Awesome.

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
Kinda curious but why'd you change her from a doctor to a teacher?
To be fair, she was a teacher in the first game too.

maxresdefault.jpg

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
For clarity: all of Manhattan is there again (with some new additions etc... and changes from the last year of in-world time).

The particular focus was on Harlem / Miles's neighborhood.

Cool that you fleshed out Harlem some more. It already felt pretty accurate the first time, but more focus on it can't hurt! I hope you guys can squeeze in Queens and/or Brooklyn for SM2. Queens was my neighborhood and I would love to see how your team would tackle webslinging in a much "shorter" part of NYC.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Wait, the first one had so fucking many 1:1 real suits from comics and movies, which was f'n amazing.
Why does the suit list here sounds like they pulled an "Square Enix's Avengers"?

That scares me.

Oct 25, 2017
I'd assume that comparison was an analogy as in "MM is to Spiderman as LL was to Uncharted," which is not to say MM would be the same length as LL, just that's it's a bit smaller than the main entry that preceded it. Being an open world, MM stands to be substantially longer than LL while still coming in shorter than Spiderman.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, the first one had so fucking many 1:1 real suits from comics and movies, which was f'n amazing.
Why does the suit list here sounds like they pulled an "Square Enix's Avengers"?

That scares me.

Miles A) hasn't been around as long as Peter and B) doesn't have as many distinctive canon suit designs because of his relative "youth".

It's perfectly fine that they're dipping into variant covers for more alternative designs. It lets them flex their creativity with a character who doesn't have 60 years of history behind him.

TalonJH

Oct 27, 2017
Louisville, KY
Hopefully with it being Miles it means no forced stealth missions. Though I'm not holding my breath!
Please tell me one of the lessons they learned is that stealth missions are terrible.

I have to assume there will be more stealth missions. One of Miles core differentiating powers is stealth based. Maybe that will be enough of a change though for people that did not like them in the first game.

Last edited:

VanDoughnut

Oct 30, 2017
Lol didn't get why people were so sure about this game being "dlc". That last showing didn't look that they were holding back or making a small game.

Love the christmas vibes and can't wait to explore Harlem. And getting hyped by all this "setpiece" talk, Insomniac going larger and crazier is music to my ears.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
As a Harlem native, really interested in seeing how it's fleshed out here. I did enjoy seeing reasonable facsimiles of some familar places, like 110th & Central Park North and the Esplanade Gardens-esque apartment complex.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, this is a standalone expansion like Lost Legacy. Spider-Man 2 will come after.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
I'm really glad to hear that there will be more and bigger set-pieces. It was one of my only complaints about the first one.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany

Eh, keep the expectations in check, this ain´t Spider-Man 2, this is more like a spinoff to the 2018 game.

even in the short gameplay segment it was obvious that there are a lot of reused animations, mechanics and assets.

this is basically "more of the same" in a snowy x-mas setting but shorter-which is not a bad thing at all.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
According to How Long to Beat Uncharted 4 has an average completion time of 15 hours for a regular playthrough while The Lost Legacy is 7. Spider-Man is a little over 16 hours, so going by that logic this game should be 8-9 hours long with some additional playtime if you want to collect/do everything on the map.