• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
What were you expecting? It's the same voice from the first game.
I have a horrible memory, so if I thought it was good in the first game, then im sure itll be good here too. Just the small bit of dialogue in the trailer just didnt sound like what I imagine Miles's voice is like in my head.

Oct 25, 2017
Look i dont want to go off topic, but your glossing over the boss battles being full of QTE's with tightly scripted and repeated cinematics, from Fisk battle at the beginning (QTEs everywhere), the train encounter with with Mr Negative (i barely did anything, it played itself), Doc Oc at the end etc. Maybe your not sensitive to it, im not here to convince you, but its certainly there.

Like i said, i can see why they'd choose to go down this route (personally wish they wouldn't as it reduces replayability for me), im there for the swinging and story so its not going to impact my enjoyment in that respect, i had hoped they'd improve upon something that was a low point for me.

So it's pretty obvious now going by your explanation that you don't know what a quick time event is.

How exactly was the Fisk encounter full of QTE? The end of the fight? The Mr Negative encounter in the train is the closest you can say you lost control and that was 1 part of the game, but you fight him multiple times and those are nowhere near a QTE.

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
What.
This is an open world game like the first one, why you assumed otherwise?
Segment also showed three different environments so the battle locations changes throughout the duration of the fight. Starting from the main streets to being more and more isolated.
someone seems unable to accept that people could dislike an aspect of these games and is dismissing any negative opinions as "concern trolling", because its easier than accepting that not everyone is going "oh ma gawd hype" over something they are excited for.

spiderman looks great im buying it, but all saying someone is "concern trolling" is, is just putting your hands over your ears and saying "i cant hear you" whenever someone has a criticism about something you like.
Seeing posters calling the footage a boss fight from 2010 or qte fest on a very highly edited 1 minute footage spliced into three different parts showcasing the very first boss (likely tutorial section) how miles moves against a larger boss vs how peter does isn't constructive, it's not putting hands over ears, it's concern trolling. It's absolutely nonsense.

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
Look i dont want to go off topic, but your glossing over the boss battles being full of QTE's with tightly scripted and repeated cinematics, from Fisk battle at the beginning (QTEs everywhere), the train encounter with with Mr Negative (i barely did anything, it played itself), Doc Oc at the end etc. Maybe your not sensitive to it, im not here to convince you, but its certainly there.

I'm not glossing over the boss fights, but you're most definitely exaggerating the ratio between combat, QTEs and cutscenes.

Let's use the Fisk fight as an example: it starts of with player dodging turrets and yanking them to break the glass Fisk is stood behind. This isn't a QTE.

Small transition cutscene

Next we fight him head on, players can dodge, counter and evade. They can attack offensively and use webs and throwable objective to an advantage. This isn't a QTE.

Now we fight Fisk and his security in tandem with all available move set. Dynamic cutscene closes the fight with a few QTEs.

This is a tutorial, and it still features more control than what you're alluding too.

Last edited:

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019
someone seems unable to accept that people could dislike an aspect of these games and is dismissing any negative opinions as "concern trolling", because its easier than accepting that not everyone is going "oh ma gawd hype" over something they are excited for.

spiderman looks great im buying it, but all saying someone is "concern trolling" is, is just putting your hands over your ears and saying "i cant hear you" whenever someone has a criticism about something you like.

Thats all this forum does, is use concern trolling as a scape goat to try and silence any one who criticizes something that has a rabbid fan base.

i got called a "concern troll" by a bunch of xbox fanboys not long ago, before the dirt 5 and yakuza 7 series x previews came out. Just for saying it was strange that microsoft hadn't shown series x gameplay yet. They assumed i had it out for xbox or something.

the console wars are so out of control on this damn site. You cant say A SINGLE NEGATIVE THING about these boxes or their games lest you be accused of being a fan boy whose trying to create fud and score a win for their favorite box. Like its out of fucking control

Some people are literally questioning if the game is on rails and said the Rhino boss is from 2010....

That doesn't strike me as actual criticism but it does give me flashbacks of nicheman hot takes, puddlegate and the ridiculous outrage over the new Peter Parker in game.

A proper criticism is saying that the boss fight seems underwhelming and thats fine. But saying it looks like something form 2010 when its clearly a tutorial boss meant to teach players the mechanics is pushing it.

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019
I'm not glossing over the boss fights, but you're most definitely exaggerating the ratio between combat, QTEs and cutscenes.

Let's use the Fisk fight as an example: it starts of with player dodging turrets and yanking them to break the glass Fisk is stood behind. This isn't a QTE.

Next we fight him head on, players can dodge, counter and evade. They can attack offensively and use webs and throwable objective to an advantage. This isn't a QTE.

Now we fight Fisk and his security in tandem with all available move set. Dynamic cutscene closes the fight with a few QTEs.

This is a tutorial, and it still features more control than what you're alluding too.

Exactly. Its a tutorial. Hopefully the game has some good boss encounters.

Petran

Oct 29, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Platform Waring; History of Platform Waring
Jun 23, 2019

Thats all this forum does, is use concern trolling as a scape goat to try and silence any one who criticizes something that has a rabbid fan base.

i got called a "concern troll" by a bunch of xbox fanboys not long ago, before the dirt 5 and yakuza 7 series x previews came out. Just for saying it was strange that microsoft hadn't shown series x gameplay yet. They assumed i had it out for xbox or something.

the console wars are so out of control on this damn site. You cant say A SINGLE NEGATIVE THING about these boxes or their games lest you be accused of being a fan boy whose trying to create fud and score a win for their favorite box. Like its out of fucking control

Holy hell. You need to take a break from Era in general. Pointing out people making bad faith comments and then them doubling down when questioned and exposing their trolling isn't using it as a scapegoat.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
fuck, that game rules

Watching that, I'm like, "If I was a criminal, why the fuck would I ever want to try and fight Spider-Man??" I'd just hang up my criminal clothes and retire. Like, fuck that shit. He absolutely destroys those dudes, and it kind of illustrates what I imagine an actual Spider-Man with Peter's agility and skillset would be like facing in real life. A red and blue blur, and you're unconscious and/or webbed to a wall before you even register to punch him XD

Miles is looking fantastic, and I'm looking forward to experimenting with his moveset in this one! So fucking excited for next month. Between this, Demon's Souls, and Cyberpunk the following week, I'm expecting to have an amazing November.

Nov 17, 2019
Watching that, I'm like, "If I was a criminal, why the fuck would I ever want to try and fight Spider-Man??" I'd just hang up my criminal clothes and retire. Like, fuck that shit. He absolutely destroys those dudes, and it kind of illustrates what I imagine an actual Spider-Man with Peter's agility and skillset would be like facing in real life. A red and blue blur, and you're unconscious and/or webbed to a wall before you even register to punch him XD

Miles is looking fantastic, and I'm looking forward to experimenting with his moveset in this one! So fucking excited for next month. Between this, Demon's Souls, and Cyberpunk the following week, I'm expecting to have an amazing November.

Yeah not only is he fast and agile, he's also strong enough to lift a bus over his head. The average criminal has no chance lol

Deleted member 33120

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 15, 2017
Well, that was pretty underwhelming - mechanically I'm pretty sure I've experienced this fight a ton of times (straight out of the Arkham games). Still excited for the game, but not the best look at it.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Yeah not only is he fast and agile, he's also strong enough to lift a bus over his head. The average criminal has no chance lol

Right? Like, even if, in the comics, Peter has only been Spider-Man since he was 15, and he's what, in his mid to late 20's, early 30's (in the comics specifically, I know in the Insomniac game he's 23, I'm assuming 24 in Miles Morales, since it's a year later), you'd think that the average, non-superpowered villain would be like, "Yeah, I'm not about that life anymore," after Spider-Man has been kicking ass for the past 15 years lol

Is it pride? Ego? Narcissism? Do they think, "I'm the hardass that's going to take down Spider-Man! With my normal human muscles and slightly above average speed..." That's either some brass balls, or complete stupidity. I'm gonna go with the latter XD

Apr 4, 2018
Vancouver, BC
So, my impressions of all the footage we've seen of Miles so far:

Sony Conference Demo (Walking through Crowd + Bridge) - Looked incredible, and definitely up there with Demon Souls visually
Web-slinging through City GIF - Looked quite good. The City seems pretty much the same as the PS4 version, but the ray tracing on the buildings looked great, perfect use of RT
Boss Fight - Some aspects of it looked nice, but it definitely wasn't that impressive visually. Seems more in-line with what we got in the PS4 game, but perhaps some improved lighting/shadows, and better VFX?

Overall, the game looks great, like a better version of Spiderman PS4. Nothing to really complain about, that game looked amazing on PS4. Those set-piece scenes they showed at the Sony conference seemed like a fairly big step above the other footage so far though. I'm curious if we'll see more set pieces at that level of quality, or perhaps if the game will look more consistent in-person.

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
You guys should try playing good games instead of making cheeky remarks

This is one of those irrelevant comments to get one confused isn't it?
I'll entertain you though, are these games good enough for you:
fc830955-567a-42b5-9jwjh5.jpeg

Oct 26, 2017
Insomniac's sound design and mixing for these games is just so awkward and weird.

They want to have so much dialog playing nonstop and at once that it's really hard to hear anything else or you can't hear the dialog.

Really just need to have less dialog because it's absolutely nonstop in the first one.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Knew there had to be a Rhino rematch after the stealth level in the first game.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
That Rhino fight looked bad. Felt like a boss fight from 2010.

Rocksteady did this fight back then (riding these large bosses and smashing their heads on the walls etc).

Would like to see new villains. So far looks more of the same as i expected, which is not bad. Most people loved the first one.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
It looks okay.

Hope they spice it up with bosses and don't do just repeats with same fight designs, but it being first(?) boss in the game it's fine to have redo of basically same fight.

Oct 25, 2017
Rocksteady did this fight back then (riding these large bosses and smashing their heads on the walls etc).

Would like to see new villains. So far looks more of the same as i expected, which is not bad. Most people loved the first one.

If you think Rockesteady are the first to do then yeah. This has been a staple in games for a long time and is in almost every Spider-Man game starting from Spider-Man on PS1.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I guess there's no chance that we will see the PS4 pro version before launch? Would be great to see how it compares. I guess it will be basically identical but 1440p and 30 FPS no raytracing?

i can live with that.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
I'll always be a Peter Parker is my Spider-Man first guy but man does this look great. I'll always be a sucker for those cool looking orange lightning particle effects (Venom?).

VG Aficionado

Nov 6, 2017
It looks really good, but cross-gen in those quick cuts. I expect the actual game to feature much better looking segments.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Like the amount of improvisation you can do with the gadgets alone is very impressive:

Also no QTEs in that gameplay segment, unless you consider button prompts QTEs šŸ˜‚

TIL the Arkham games are just QTE.

Learn something new everyday.

If you think Rockesteady are the first to do then yeah. This has been a staple in games for a long time and is in almost every Spider-Man game starting from Spider-Man on PS1.
This too.

Last edited: