• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

FullWalter

Mar 13, 2018
My prediction:

This is a slightly smaller, Lost Legacy sized game that will set the stage for a Spider-Verse game with both Peter Parker and Miles Morales in time for the next Spider-Verse movie.

That said, I bet this Miles games is still full priced.

Aniki

Oct 25, 2017
I assume this is in-game. Pretty amazing model.

EaRBIAmXsAYZQyV
Yeah it looks like a big step up from the first game.

Oct 26, 2017
Mushroom Kingdom
If you build a game that could run on PS4 and refuse to release it doesn't change the fact that the game is built on a PS4 engine.

I would love to be wrong, but I am willing to bet on it that this is the case.

Thats a terrible way to put it. lol

Its pretty clear, even by looking at Ratchet and Clank, the game will obviously be taking advantage of the upgraded engine.

I keep replaying the trailer. Send help.

Same. So gooood. Even just by those snippets, combat as Miles is going to be a blast.

illmatic22

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Super Bowl LII Champions
Miles looks great love the design. But it also kinda reminds me that I don't dig the Avengers designs. Not that I need it to look exactly like Insomniacs Spiderman since I think MUA3 Pulled off their looks well. I dunno something just feels off about the Avengers.

Moose the Fattest Cat

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 15, 2017
This looks awesome. I'm going to be a Day One.

I'm still annoyed I couldn't play Miles on the PS4 in post-game, and that I have to buy a new console just to play the Black Spider-Man

I'm still there for it, for a full Miles story and campaign. And still annoyed he wasn't playable in PS4. Because how much do you wanna bet Peter will be unlockable in Miles post-game?

TazKa

Oct 27, 2017
First I questioned if that is just a smaller expansion, and doubt set in.
Than I remebered Ratchet and Clank 2016 with under a year development time, and a movie tie in.

Insomniac will have around 2 years for Miles Morales and I think we will get a great game, maybe even more focused.

zeuanimals

Nov 23, 2017
Why's everyone thinking this is an add-on? Or not a full game? The fact it's called Spiderman: Miles Morales?

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I just want more/better dynamic camera zooms to showcase the action and movement greatly without photo mode requirement. :x

Oct 29, 2017
Thats a terrible way to put it. lol

Its pretty clear, even by looking at Ratchet and Clank, the game will obviously be taking advantage of the upgraded engine.

Cross-gen games do exacly that. They take advantage of the new consoles too. I don't see what the problem is. This looks like a nice addition to SM 2018, which is a good thing, but it's certainly not looking to be a flagship next-gen title or a substantial step forward.

I'm fine with this approach because I'm really looking forward to playing it quite early. This doesn't change the fact that this is looking like a cross-gen game without an actual last-gen release.

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
Now, here's the big question: Spider-Man (whoever it is, Peter, Miles, etc) usually has a love interest, right? Sooooo, what are the chances of Gwen Stacy showing up?

LGHT_TRSN

Oct 25, 2017
Well, cross-gen titles are iterative too. This is exactly like that. Iterative. SM was fun, there is nothing wrong with that.

True next-gen games make bigger changes than a few fancy effects and added eye-candy though. R&C is a great example.

All games are iterative. The fact remains that a game engine with new capabilities is not the 'exact same engine' as last-gen.

Nov 14, 2017
Like, I don't se why this can't be a 'full' game. A huge chunk of work is probably already done in that they can reuse Manhatten from Spiderman, they just have to give it a going over / update. They already have all the tech sorted too, so they can reuse that. Plus they are experienced with the tools and process for making a game like this, plus they prob had people working on this before Spiderman came out.

Deleted member 56306

User-requested account closure
Banned
Apr 26, 2019
Miles looks great love the design. But it also kinda reminds me that I don't dig the Avengers designs. Not that I need it to look exactly like Insomniacs Spiderman since I think MUA3 Pulled off their looks well. I dunno something just feels off about the Avengers.

I absolutely love it, it probably helps that Spider-Man's costume covers his face. I think it might be that Insomniac's colors look better too. I'd have to watch the Avenger's trailer again to be sure.

Oct 26, 2017
Mushroom Kingdom
Cross-gen games do exacly that. They take advantage of the new consoles too. I don't see what the problem is. This looks like a nice addition to SM 2018, which is a good thing, but it's certainly not looking to be a flagship next-gen title or a substantial step forward.

I'm fine with this approach because I'm really looking forward to playing it quite early. This doesn't change the fact that this is looking like a cross-gen game without an actual last-gen release.

LMAO again thats a very suggestive way to put that.

Its being repeated here, that its not a cross-gen game. If thats true, thats it. Your assuming the game can be easily ported and released on PS4, when the very possibility of that is already moot. So it doesn't seem fair to assume that especially with how little of the footage we've seen.

I understand what you are implying but thats not how it works. Thats literally just calling any generational launch game for any console from the past a sham because its not being released on its predecessor console.

edit: smh no source on it, but I'll eat the crow if it really is a crossgen game...but until then, again thats not how it usually works. Comparing most console launch title to predecessor games, graphical fidelity is something that usually takes years to improve. We've already even seen the LOD, loading (from tech demo), lighting, and animation upgrades they've already progressed from PS4 > PS5.

Last edited:

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Well, there's a clear hanging storyline at the end of the first game, which probably won't be touched by this one, so I think SM2 a thing for sure and this game is going to be a bridge of sorts.
That's what I'm hoping, I could be a lot more excited for this game if I knew that was the case.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Do anyone know what song that is in the trailer? I'm mostly a metal guy but damn that song got me really hyped, big Spider-verse vibes.

zeuanimals

Nov 23, 2017
The Jason post needs to be threadmarked- he said it was Lost Legacy in scope.

Huh. I could see a few things happening then. It's either a much smaller game overall and they'll likely add to it with hopefully mostly free DLC. Or, it'll release at $40 and have a season pass that'll add in more content.

But since TLL was set in a brand new environment and Spiderman: MM being set in Manhattan again, the scope being similar could be in terms of budget. Insomniac could probably do a lot more with a similar budget in a city they've already built and just have to touch up. The PS5's SSD alleviates one of the biggest headaches they faced with the first Spiderman game so I could see a lot more effort being put elsewhere.

BlueJay

Oct 27, 2017
This game will have me buying a PS5 day one. Sony launching their new console with a Spider-Man game is massive.

魑魅魍魎

Oct 25, 2017
Sony should have a ps5 mile morales special edition console, doubt they can manufacture it quick enough for launch