• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Shin-Ra

Nov 1, 2017
I wonder if you/things can knock the seasonal decorations off.

It'd be nice to have more breakables above ground level.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
Something looks dreadfully wrong between the lighting coming from the headlights and the reflection in the puddle.

Either light/shadows from the truck are being cast incorrectly or the reflection is incorrectly angled or lit wrong, but something looks wrong.

Almost every game youve ever played uses baked lighting that makes no sense to make a scene look good

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018

ew.com

Game on! How Spider-Man and the Avengers sparked Marvel's next phase of blockbuster games

The MCU may be on hold, but the video game versions are bigger — and better — than ever.

giphy.gif

KTroopA

Oct 27, 2017
London, UK
Im calling it now, the final game will look da shizzle and 'best' played in 30fps mode for maximum pleasure. 60 fps mode will be for next-gen why cant my new console 'do' 4K60 moaners.

V has come to

Dec 4, 2019
Just to be me - that shot is not good for saying "that is ray tracing" as it is a planar surface at a low angle. SSR works really well at that angle for example.

You need a complex shape of the reflective surface and a shot where obvious off-screen/obscurance is happening.
you sure it's not just a time of day thing

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
With all the costumes they put into the PS4 game I wonder if there's some insane magic they'll pull off to get a Spider-Verse costume or filter for this @__@

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
im dazzled that we getting a spider-man game at launch. the refelction on windows when swining around will look glorious

Pantato

Nov 5, 2019
Just to be me - that shot is not good for saying "that is ray tracing" as it is a planar surface at a low angle. SSR works really well at that angle for example.

You need a complex shape of the reflective surface and a shot where obvious off-screen/obscurance is happening.

There is parallax in the reflection on the puddle, so surely that's a good indication it's not SSR, right?

Lyrick

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Im gonna just roll my eyes straight over the top of comments like these. There could be artistic reasons why they've done it this way, but no, let's call it dreadfully wrong..
In the real world I work with real world lighting, optics and machine vision.

The biggest standout light source are the headlights so I'm Immediately expecting a silhouette effect, but I'm seeing bright light reflections off the left shoulder, right eyebrow, and both knees so I have to assume the presence of another light slightly above the camera position. Like others pointed out there is no diffusion in the puddle so it features sharpness that's stronger than what is shown by the depth of field characteristics of everything behind Spider-Man, that's just off putting,

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017

I think you're missing the joke/meme here. They're showing a Ray Traced puddle because of puddlegate back in 2018.

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
In the real world I work with real world lighting, optics and machine vision.

The biggest standout light source are the headlights so I'm Immediately expecting a silhouette effect, but I'm seeing bright light reflections off the left shoulder, right eyebrow, and both knees so I have to assume the presence of another light slightly above the camera position. Like others pointed out there is no diffusion in the puddle so it features sharpness that's stronger than what is shown by the depth of field characteristics of everything behind Spider-Man, that's just off putting,

Yes, but for 99.99% of people is not, much less dreadful.

They are not analyzing it as if it was a job assignment, people are just excited to see an awesome bullshot

dumbo11

Apr 29, 2018
In the image, the reflection underneath his body is somewhat solid red, but his suit isn't. So if it is SSR, then it looks weird?

But I generally suck at working out reflections, so /meh