• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
🤔
EIUYc0nWwAA5838

Farmboy

Oct 27, 2017
That's a long wait and I question the wisdom of changing the release date to near-summer... but I'm in.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't watched Into The Spiderverse. Is it that good?

edit: wow, that was the fastest I've ever been quoted under a minute on Era
The best Spider-Man movie

Spider-Man 2 may be better in terms of narrative precision and pacing, the MCU movies better in adapting the concept of Spidey as a young hero in a world of heroes, but Spider-Verse is unmatched in capturing the comic book roots and energy and identity that makes Spider-Man such a beloved character. The ultimate love-letter to everything that makes Spider-Man and comic books great

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
In. So in.

There's no way it'll live up to the original, but fuck it, let's do this thing! (and by "do this thing", I mean play the waiting game for two and a half years.)

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So far away.

At the same time even though I loved Spiderverse I'm still not sure I want another one - the first one was just too perfect, I hope they don't screw it up.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
First film is one of the greatest of all time

Glad to see a sequel confirmed, but damn, that's a long wait

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
I would venture to say a sequel, if its good to great, could easily outdo the originals boxoffice run. A combination of the incredible long term word of mouth, being on Netflix not that long after its theatrical run and winning the Oscar for Best Motion Picture have no doubt boosted the franchises name a decent amount. Not sure it will ever be Pixar huge but who know's.
I sure hope so.

Someone mentioned that since IW introduced multi-verses, it might make it generally more acceptable to the average movie goer to understand the film. I genuinely wonder if a Peter Parker CGI film would have done better (were people turned off by Miles being the main character or the CGI nature)

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Oh shit! Let's get some 2099 and Madame Web here this time!

Also, please get a more interesting villain. Idk who tf hyped that aspect up in this forum, but that's easily the first film's weakest point.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit! Let's get some 2099 and Madame Web here this time!

Also, please get a more interesting villain. Idk who tf hyped that aspect up in this forum, but that's easily the first film's weakest point.

Just go back to the original Spider-Verse storyline from the 90's cartoon series where Carnage Spidey is on a multi universe rampage. They can even rip off the way the Spider-Men "defeat" him.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Damn another 2 and a half years. Long wait but I'm excited! Hope it's the creative team as the first

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Just go back to the original Spider-Verse storyline from the 90's cartoon series where Carnage Spidey is on a multi universe rampage. They can even rip off the way the Spider-Men "defeat" him.

Shattered Dimensions is also pretty good template. Let some of the other dimensions have their own counterpart to face.

Oct 31, 2017
This is great but Miles needs his own vehicle to really focus on him as Spider-Man without the rest of the Spider-Verse showing up

A show that takes place between the films would be wonderful

Lil Peanut Brotha

Motion Graphics Artist at Riot Games
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
CA, USA
That movie was the best animated movie I've seen in like a decade, and the most times I've rewatched a movie in theaters. It was so good I just went back to the same theater and saw it the very next night!

I can't wait for this, but I guess I'll have to!

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I really want this movie to trigger more CG superhero flicks. They're a great fit for the genre

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm concerned about the absence of the original writers and directors.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I love the design of the first one but found the film to be quite boring. Hope this one is better.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Spider-Punk, Tokatsu Spider Man and Superior?

Can't wait, April 2022 is interesting date. I guess they want to avoid that Christmas mess.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is awesome news. First movie was great, though it's weird they left an r-rated Biggie line uncensored.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
This is great but Miles needs his own vehicle to really focus on him as Spider-Man without the rest of the Spider-Verse showing up

A show that takes place between the films would be wonderful

Honestly, I would love if Miles could get his own animated series. Since Spectacular Spider-Man we've literally had two animated series in a row rehashing the same concept with Peter Parker. Something new to shake it up would be nice, especially since Spider-Verse and the PS4 game proved that an older Peter Parker really resonates with audiences.