• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Abudiix

Sep 8, 2018
Malmö, Sweden

2e1kqd.jpg

3llk2u.jpg

526kvm.jpg

10u6k23.jpg
I think I found my next wallpapers, I hope they are big. I'm on iPhone i can't tell lol

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
This is one of, if not the most, thrilling sequences in comic book movies.

It was a dream come true for me. Not only was Mysterio in Spidey movie and his design intact, we get this scene that is the most Mysterio shit ever. The more I think about the movie, the more I like it and that's rare. It was the opposite with Endgame; I really love it, but it was a tough movie to sit and stew on.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
I thought it was terribly done. You had a whole film to make this mean something, and they just tack it in at the end. They could have had a real genuine moment during his action segment.
Agreed, that was more of a second act scene. By the time the next movie comes, everyone will have forgotten it.

Dankir

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Just got back, wow so good!

Questions.

Population thinks just Cap is dead ? Nobody knows about Falcon yet right?

The guy who Obadiah originally berated and was in charge of mysterios hologram tech. He's seen taking it all via memory stick. Is he somebody in the comics?

Shield is officially in Space working with the Skrulls! So NOVA and Annihilis??

And omg at J Jonah is back, what a surprise.

Apr 17, 2019
Viridia
Watched it last night.
It was awkward and a bit cringe worthy in the first half, perhaps intentionally so, but damn starting from the reveal it picks up speed and ends on a great note.

That Mysterio fight in the abandoned building is hella hype and trippy, way more than even Dr Strange's which was unfortunate because this is supposed to be his forte.
Dr. Strange will steamroll Mysterio in a direct fight so hard though lmao.

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This movie was extremely great! Loved it, and Mysterio was such a good villain. That "nightmare" scene was just amazing.
They really are going all in in the Ben Parker -> Tony Stark, and I really don't have a problem with that, I get it and it works.
Also the action scenes look great! It really shows that Peter is more experienced. And MJ and Peter are just way to cute.

Also I caught this while watching the movie, you think it is an actual nod or am I reaching?
9b0a43d92e4867e644841001c9af95d7.png

ad7c30bf35234e6070f0cdf4c8cb725d.png

Mid credits scene is amazing, I was so excited when I saw J. K. Simmons, like holy shit. Post credits is interesting, the skrulls might play an important role in the next phase it seems.

TheZjman

Banned
Nov 22, 2018
This movie was extremely great! Loved it, and Mysterio was such a good villain. That "nightmare" scene was just amazing.
They really are going all in in the Ben Parker -> Tony Stark, and I really don't have a problem with that, I get it and it works.
Also the action scenes look great! It really shows that Peter is more experienced. And MJ and Peter are just way to cute.

Also I caught this while watching the movie, you think it is an actual nod or am I reaching?

Mid credits scene is amazing, I was so excited when I saw J. K. Simmons, like holy shit. Post credits is interesting, the skrulls might play an important role in the next phase it seems.
Probably a nod, especially with the other cap reference from Happy.

Oct 29, 2017

Talos (as Nick) mentioned something about Krew sleeper cells and given that Fury seems to be with the Skrulls and Marvel has always been about that life, I wonder if they're going to explore the Skurll-Kree war but as the Skrull and Humans/Avengers on one side of that.

Oct 27, 2017
I just have to say how much I loved Mysterio's (real) costume - the mocap suit and fishbowl helmet looked amazing!

I think the film kind of drags a bit in the first half but then after the twist it really picks up and is great from that moment onwards.

VAD

Oct 28, 2017
I was so genuinely happy to see JK Simons back, it was a dream come true. I kind of hate that the villain is yet another person Tony has scorned. And also that Peter is not the little guy that has to pull himself by his bootstraps to save the day anymore: no money problems, no suit problems it could have been a great social commentary on how the young people struggle and are fucked over but I guess they want the story moving faster.
Jon Favreau is a great actor and gave an excellent and touching performance in the airplane scene. It was also nice to see Sam L Jackson playing a funnier Nick Fury. I still hate that they are yet again aping the Ultimate comics by having Peter being groomed to become the next big hero but at least they are leaving alone the « Fuck yeah America » theme of the books.
Mysterio better not be dead but I feel he is given that Gyllenhal is too big an actor to stay with one franchise.
The post credits scene did absolutely work wonders and now I can't wait to see the rest of the story and especially if they really are going to stick with Peter being unmasked.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still impressed by how clever the writers are with tying the villains into the MCU.

Mysterio being the product of hologram technology that Tony Stark repurposes for his personal use, which has been an element since Iron-Man 1. His design being a response to characters like Thor, who have made people susceptible to believe anything.

I can think as far as 'Hey, the Falcon has wings. Vulture has wings too. Maybe they could be from the same place?'. But the Shocker has a gauntlet that was disgarded in the fight between Captain America and Crossbones - that's such slick storytelling.

They're so good at building off of what's been established, finding a little foothold in past movies to springboard off of.

samb_rules

Jan 16, 2018
I thought it was terribly done. You had a whole film to make this mean something, and they just tack it in at the end. They could have had a real genuine moment during his action segment.

I wonder if there's a deleted scene with him trying to call home/mum repeatedly, then somebody catching him and him pretending to live stream.

Also, I'm absolutely no comics expert but was Flash ever rich? Only really rich "friend" of Peter I can think of is Harry.. would it be mad to think that Flash has some connection to Norman? His mum's divorced and dating/engaged to him, that's why she's distant?

BlackFyre

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It doesn't have to be any of those movies, but IMO it has to either address the blip or don't. Leave that for another movie. But bringing it up only to just wave it away as a joke, seemed odd to me. When it came up I thought for sure they would talk about how some his classmates are now 5 yrs older than him but it seems like for Peter exactly everyone he has ever loved or cared for remained the same age as Peter.

Yeah, it didn't work as well for me. Again really enjoyed the movie but I've always hated or found it unbelievable, that in a world with aliens and other superheroes, you go from a super team-up movie back to a solo story. Esp when the solo story involves another huge event affecting Earth and killing many. They try to explain it away by saying literally every other superhero is busy, but I guess this a pet peeve of mine.

They weren't busy. It's kind of laid out clearly. Talos, with directions from Fury wanted Spiderman to step up.

For example, those drones could do nothing to either Thor or Hulk. Thor would end it with one lightning blast that would take out each drone.

Nov 1, 2017
Mysterio was awesome.
But there's a question I had: Doesn't SHIELD at least check some personal background of people they work with? I mean Beck worked for Stark, how difficult could it be?

I don't think SHIELD exists anymore. It's just fury, maria hill and random extras that pop up as the plot demands. Plus Fury isn't fury, it's just talos disguised as fury while the real fury is in space. I bet talos doesn't even know what SHIELD was.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland

i had to leave after the mid credits... what happened in the post credit?

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ended up seeing this last night and I enjoyed it. Mysterio was a real highlight and visually it was great - the illusion stuff, of course, but I really enjoyed all the different locales and setpieces.

But I'm kind of baffled people seemed to think it was better than Homecoming. I don't love Homecoming, really, but it felt better in pretty much every category - better humor, better drama, better supporting cast, better bad guys. The action sequences are pretty much the only thing FFH clearly has over the first movie.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
The whole Flash bit was really subtle. I missed the hacking part and thought that line in the airport was out of place. I think the tone just didn't fit.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Mysterio was awesome.
But there's a question I had: Doesn't SHIELD at least check some personal background of people they work with? I mean Beck worked for Stark, how difficult could it be?
He openly say that he's from different universe, what does it matter if there's a Beck that is ex stark enployee in this universe. Once he manage to sell that alternate universe bs, the rest is easy

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Saw this last night, what a spectacular movie. The humor was incredible, while the action and characters moments all worked perfectly as well. There is no way mysterio is actually dead. This is an absolute top tier marvel movie, probably cracks into my top 5 if not top 3. And that mid credit scene! JK Simmons is back and holy crap no secret identity? This movie was way better then any other spiderman movie ever made. The Peter tingle joke was fantastic, but seeing spidey get his spider sense was awesome.

On a sidenote, the quality of spiderman stories we have gotten in the last year is astounding. PS4, Spiderverse and this. The non-comics media is just killing it with Spiderman lately. Far better then the comics.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if there's a deleted scene with him trying to call home/mum repeatedly, then somebody catching him and him pretending to live stream.

Also, I'm absolutely no comics expert but was Flash ever rich? Only really rich "friend" of Peter I can think of is Harry.. would it be mad to think that Flash has some connection to Norman? His mum's divorced and dating/engaged to him, that's why she's distant?

With Flash I think they're just setting him up to be a character who is 'flash over substance' (his actual name is Eugene), I don't think the implications of his wealth go beyond that. Also Peter comandeers a car belonging to Flash's dad and it doesn't look like a Norman Osborn vehicle.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Flash in the comics was your standard jock. He got more development post highschool with the Agent Venom stuff

This Flash seems to be a more modern bully where he's more akin to a troll.

I think ASM had the best Flash. He was a bully but he lays off of it when Peter's uncle dies and tries to apologize

Also all the Flashes are huge Spidey fans

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
You guys probably already talked about this, but what I really loved was how it was both a "summer vacation" movie and a stealth, straight up Iron Man 4. Peter literally inherited all of Tony's problems - disgruntled employees, morally questionable weapons tech, and then had to rebuild on the fly to adapt and fight the threat. Mysterio is gracefully turned from an "Avengers" or Thor esque villain into something from Tony's neighborhood pantheon, and it works.

The Captain nods I think were a bit of an evolution - suggesting that Peter has the chance to take the best of Tony *and* Steve, but even when Peter gets outed,it still basically follows the arc of Iron Man 1, where Tony decides he can't spend his life hiding what he is AND doing what he is compelled to do. Peter is now thrust into that exact situation, only without the sufficiently inflated ego to buffer the impact. And we get to skip movies worth of "they can't find out who I am!!!"

(Would love to see a shot of Vulture in prison, shaking his head.)

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Saw it last night. I liked it but the first third or so of the movie was pretty slow but fast at the same time. It's like there's a lot going on, but nothing really. It's weird. At some point, it gets better and it's just an awesome movie from there on. Mid and post credit scenes are great! MCU is going full cosmic in phase 4, can't wait to see what will happen.

Another thing is that SpiderMan is clearly going to be a main force from now on. So the reveal is weird but may work. Or it will be solved in another way

Deleted member 46958

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 22, 2018

Yeah that moment did not feel deserved. Also lol at Flash calling his mom "mother" like it's London in a different time. Felt pretty odd.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
You guys probably already talked about this, but what I really loved was how it was both a "summer vacation" movie and a stealth, straight up Iron Man 4. Peter literally inherited all of Tony's problems - disgruntled employees, morally questionable weapons tech, and then had to rebuild on the fly to adapt and fight the threat. Mysterio is gracefully turned from an "Avengers" or Thor esque villain into something from Tony's neighborhood pantheon, and it works.

The Captain nods I think were a bit of an evolution - suggesting that Peter has the chance to take the best of Tony *and* Steve, but even when Peter gets outed,it still basically follows the arc of Iron Man 1, where Tony decides he can't spend his life hiding what he is AND doing what he is compelled to do. Peter is now thrust into that exact situation, only without the sufficiently inflated ego to buffer the impact. And we get to skip movies worth of "they can't find out who I am!!!"

(Would love to see a shot of Vulture in prison, shaking his head.)
Yeah, Mysterio would have been a really good villain for Iron Man too. Way better than Killian.

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018

I don't felt like it was done terrible. Flash is not the nicest person but I feel like he can be a nice guy. Brad on the other hand was more unlikable.

When all the parents showed up and Flash had only his butler I felt really sad for him

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Yeah that moment did not feel deserved. Also lol at Flash calling his mom "mother" like it's London in a different time. Felt pretty odd.
The use of "mother" vs "mom" is deliberate to show the lack of affection between the two, as well as establish the type of person she is. The stern "You must call me mother" type.

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
I don't felt like it was done terrible. Flash is not the nicest person but I feel like he can be a nice guy. Brad on the other hand was more unlikable.

When all the parents showed up and Flash had only his butler I felt really sad for him

But it made no sense to have a sympathetic reveal at that point. You had an entire European vacation to add depth to everyone in the group.

We are just stuck with Penis Parker Flash in the end. Could easily do more with him.