• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Wait what, really? Which instances in the plot were the Real Nick Fury?

Edit: Oh.... my girlfriend dragged me out before the ending credit. Just read it right now lmao.

You don't have to spoiler.

I think pretty much the entire movie he was.

A few points:

Maria Hill calls Fury by his first name, it's been established that no one calls Fury by his first name

Also when talking about multiverse, Fury said, he is from 'your' earth (not 'ours')

Finally when Parker asked about captain marvel, Fury seem irritated that Parker would mention her name.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Starting to think they might do the Sinister Six in more than one movie, perhaps a trilogy unto itself. It might have too many moving parts for a single movie.

I definitely think they're too big for a single movie. They should at least split the Sinister Six into a two parter: Spider-Man: Sinister, And Spider-Man: Six (XD I kid with the titles).

Fortunately, we got Vulture, Mysterio, Shocker, and Scorpion already established, so we'd really only need to introduce Doc Ock and whomever the sixth member will be (I don't think it should be Green Goblin; maybe Elektro, Sandman, Rhino, or Kraven the Hunter). Then you could spend the two films focusing on fleshing out the two new Sinister Six members, and just continue to build off of what has been established already for Vulture, Mysterio, Shocker, and Scorpion.

I also think a third and fourth Spider-Man film could bail Peter out by introducing Miles Morales. It's been 5 years since Homecoming. Assuming Miles wasn't dusted, he could be Peter's age, or a few years younger than Peter (like a freshman in High School).

The red and black costume in Far From Home made me think of Miles, and since Peter has been forced to grow up due to FFH (and the future ramifications of being outted), they could fit in a narrative where he reluctantly teaches Miles the ropes of being Spider-Man, while also juggling the rising threat of the Sinister Six, and his public notoriety thanks to JJJ. I could see Peter finally saying the "with great power" line to a struggling Miles. He basically becomes a mentor himself, but an even better mentor than the two people that he viewed as mentors before him (Tony, and Beck).

Thanks to Into the Spider-Verse, audiences are familiar with Miles, so you wouldn't need to do too much with introducing him to audiences, just a clever bit to cover him getting bit, his reaction to Peter being outted, and him deciding to become Spider-Man himself. Maybe he's even distrustful of Peter at the beginning, due to being branded a murderer.

And really, I just want to see an awesome fight scene where two Spider-Men face off against the Sinister Six. That's something we haven't really seen before in live action. It could be spectacular.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
Maria Hill calls Fury by his first name, it's been established that no one calls Fury by his first name

Hill calls him Nick in Infinity War. So does Alexander Pierce in Winter Soldier and Tony in Age of Ultron.

Also in FFH, Fury and Hill were talking about Kree sleeper cells.

And at the end of the film, Fury said he knew Mysterio was lying, and Hill said he didn't. I don't think the real Hill would contradict her boss like that.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Hill calls him Nick in Infinity War. So does Alexander Pierce in Winter Soldier and Tony in Age of Ultron.

Also in FFH, Fury and Hill were talking about Kree sleeper cells.

And at the end of the film, Fury said he knew Mysterio was lying, and Hill said he didn't. I don't think the real Hill would contradict her boss like that.

Then I think we might have some continuity errors because in CM, Fury said no one calls him by his first name.

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
Coming away a bit disappointed. Certainly not as good as the original, and one of the lower end MCU films. That being said, there are a lot of sweet moments, great score, and a decent villain to keep the ship afloat.

WIll check it out again.

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
I would love for Tom Holland to do like 5/6 films and then pass the torch to Miles (and not dying!).

I think it's too soon now, he is just a kid and we haven't seen fully grown Spider Man yet.

Blugrass

Oct 25, 2017
i really enjoyed the movie, especially the mysterio stuff. I always thought using mysterio's eye fuckery to introduce the mcu's version of uncle ben for a scene or two would have been cool. imagine all the turmoil and even resolution that would bring spiderman

Deleted member 4461

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm probably alone here, but I really don't like the Spider-Man MCU films. Crazy how "Even Dead I'm The Hero" fits, considering how much these movies are about Tony Stark.

There are some cool comic references, but overall these movies feel meh. Peter feels like he doesn't give a shit about the power/responsibility thing.

But I mean, the movies aren't bad. In fact, they're pretty good. I just don't click with them.

Marossi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just noticed, was the scene in the trailers where Iron Spiderman is fighting some guys in an museum kinda setting not included in the movie? I really don't remember that scene.

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
I'm probably alone here, but I really don't like the Spider-Man MCU films. Crazy how "Even Dead I'm The Hero" fits, considering how much these movies are about Tony Stark.

There are some cool comic references, but overall these movies feel meh. Peter feels like he doesn't give a shit about the power/responsibility thing.

But I mean, the movies aren't bad. In fact, they're pretty good. I just don't click with them.

It's just the theme of the whole MCU. I've come to terms with it, and love it for what it is. I wouldn't put it past them to have some Stark Industries tech be the thing that triggers peoples x gene.

Deleted member 4461

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's just the theme of the whole MCU. I've come to terms with it, and love it for what it is. I wouldn't put it past them to have some Stark Industries tech be the thing that triggers peoples x gene.

Oh, dear... That's certainly not out of the realm of possibility :/

But, I mean ESPECIALLY Spider-Man, who is treated as the successor. At least in other movies, it's not quite as aggressive.

Basically, for me, who likes Spider-Man as that kind of self-starter that ends up being part of a bigger world, it's kind of off-putting. Here, Spidey feels like he's consistently in the shadow of Iron Man. The thing is that the movie itself touches on these themes, but then plays it straight for the most part.

Monkey D.

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

You didnt watch the after credits did you?

I think pretty much the entire movie he was

At the end the skrulls who look like fury and hill call the real nick fury and explain what happened . Why would they need to do that if real fury was there?

Last edited:

daTRUballin

Oct 25, 2017
Portland, Oregon
Just came back from the theater. Overall, I'd say I enjoyed the movie well enough. I don't know if I'd call it a 10/10 or anything, but it was certainly entertaining enough. I really liked the humor and I thought the Mysterio illusion sequences were really well done in particular.

I've been mostly out of the loop when it comes to superhero stuff for the past decade or so despite really being into it as a kid. I enjoyed the Tobey Maguire SM movies, but haven't watched any of the others until this one. I also enjoyed Avengers Endgame when I watched that a few months ago, but similarly to FFH, I went into that movie without really following what came before closely.

One little nitpick that I had though is
the fact that Spiderman doesn't actually fight Mysterio directly. It was mostly just him fighting against his drones. I expected a direct battle between the two at some point, but it just didn't happen. Found that kinda weird.

But yeah, overall it was pretty decent. But I
sadly didn't get to see the JJJ cameo in the end because I left the theater before the credits ended. Very cool to hear that Simmons came back!

EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I was pleasantly surprised by how much I liked Tom Holland as Spidey as this was my first time seeing his version of the character in his own movie.

Last edited:

diverit

Oct 27, 2017
It wasn't as good as I hoped. The plot is messy, especially the first half.

I read that the movie was written by the Antman and the Wasp guys and it shows:
- Some of the decisions Peter made were bad and almost out of character (why would he give EDITH to Beck after a short time?)
- Characters were pushed aside to be comic relief
- New characters who are annoying and really unnecessary (stupid love triangle)
- A bloated plot
- Poor attempts to justify why things were happening or not happening (Avenger level threat - wtf does that even constitute?).

What's the deal with the new suit? It was practically useless. Peter had the opportunity to make another Iron Spider suit which could've easily taken down the drones so why the heck did he just add webbed wings? Also, why didn't Peter add an AI to the suit? What happened to Karen? I honestly thought EDITH was going to replace Karen.

And I find it hard to believe that Tony didn't program EDITH to work only for Peter. When Mysterio orders EDITH to fire at Spiderman, EDITH should've said that's not allowed. I mean Tony's not stupid now is he?

That said, I liked the romance between Peter and MJ though I feel it could've been better developed throughout the movie. Happy was great and it would've been nice if he was around more. Jake was great as Mysterio and the hallucination sequence was awesome.

Bruceleeroy

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orange County
Came out of this yesterday and overall I thought it was a good movie but not Marvel's Tier 1. Felt like there was still a little bit of a formula that I've seen before there.

One thing I gotta give though is that this was the best rendition of Mysterio ever. Those illusions when Spiderman was fighting Mysterio in the construction site were simply amazing. Felt like I was watching a comic book coming alive during that scene.

The effects in that part of the movie were my absolute favorite. I just watched into the spiderverse yesterday and it felt like they perfectly transitioned from that style into live film

Bill Murray is totally the hotel desk clerk that's asleep, right? I'm not crazy am I?

Bill Murray!? No way. I remember seeing that guy and my Peter Tingle never went off and if it was Bill Murray it definitely would have

alundra311

Oct 25, 2017
Here's a thought, what if EDITH isn't the AI and glasses (well, technically it is named EDITH but lets forget about that for a minute)? What if EDITH actually refers to Spider-Man? Tony assists Spider-Man by giving access to his tech which the latter uses to become a hero, "Even Dead, I'm The Hero. Thus, Spider-Man is Tony's EDITH.

I'm just joking. Please don't kill me. :)

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So I saw the movie again tonight, and now I'm leaning towards the "Mysterio isn't dead" camp (that is, if they want to use him again).

Peter asks EDITH "Is he... Is this real?"
to which EDITH replies, "there are no illusions remaining".

The way it's acted, I feel like they left it open for Beck's Mysterio to return. If they wanted to completely shut the door, they could've had him finish his first thought and ask if Beck was dead. EDITH's answer is vague enough to give cover if they do end up going this route. Say he used practical effects, and his team sprang him from the morgue or something.

Rockstar

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
US
Spiderman didn't kill him.

Spiderman doesn't kill people directly or indirectly, Mysterio is definitely not dead, that's his ultimate illusion, to make you believe he's dead, that's why he is Mysterio.

giphy.gif

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Also, can I just say that it's genius that "Even dead, I'm the hero" applies to Mysterio's final trick too?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
There's certainly enough wiggle room for them to bring Mysterio back in a later film. They explicitly said in interviews before the movie came out that this movie was the BEGINNING of his arc, though that could've just been misdirection to hide the fact that he dies here.

That said, Marvel needs to stop killing its best villains so quickly. C'mon, guys.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I feel the way they set it up with Mysterio being a team of people rather than just Beck alone, means that any one of them could just take up the mantle and continue on. Mysterio is literally a CG character, after all.

Nov 1, 2017
Doesnt Tom holland have one more film before his contract expires?

Yes! Probably in 2021 since Sony wants to stick to 2 year spider-man schedule.

according to Vanity Fair, the "joint-custody deal" would see Holland appear in three MCU movies and a trilogy of movies co-produced by Marvel Studios and Sony.

Appearances for Spidey in Captain America: Civil War, Avengers: Infinity War and Avengers: Endgame mean that the first part of that agreement has been done and dusted (so to speak – oh, snap!)

However, if that second part is accurate, then Holland still has one more Marvel/Sony movie to come after Spider-Man: Far From Home.

Source

DarkMagician

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is Captain America dead? He was in the In Memorium slideshow in the beginning of the movie, with Tony, Natasha, and Vision.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
There's one person I haven't seen mentioned who would be perfect for bringing Spider-Man to justice

Anthony Mackie

Really though Captain America vs Edith does make some sense.