• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Please put the spoilers in the title in all caps. Missed it - _-
no-country-for-old-men-tommy-lee-jones1.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
If his identity being blown thing is true then this movie ends Phase 3/Infinity Saga in a similar fashion to the way the first Phase 1 movie ended :D
Poetry?

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
No, it just means no one else can ever play JJ as well as JK.

Oh and Dalek, you called it.

LOL
This will be the first of many times.

Just thinking in general about hero reveals you didn't see coming. Then again it seems like Peter is bad a keeping his identity in the MCU. Lol

What I like most about this twist is EXACTLY this reason. He's been so cavalier about revealing his identity to everyone and now it's out there.

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018
Saw a rip of the mid credit, damn Beck did Peter so dirty.

Making him come across like a ego manic wanting to be the next Iron-Man.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
If JJJ knows Spiderman is Peter Parker, Peter can't ever get a job at the Daily Bugle, right?

So the scene was likely just a JJJ cameo and he won't be a big character going forward?

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't seen it yet, but just going by descriptions some on here have given about it both here and elsewhere make it seem big. Will be seeing the film Tuesday for full context of it, but at a glance it seems significant.

In the end I am just happy they did my boy Mysterio proud in the film.
He is exactly who we thought he was

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
He's on vacation on the Skrull ship with Captain Marvel (we don't see her but I think they talk about her). Talos took his identity only for this film, in order to let Fury take some rest. It's just the usual fun post credit scene.
It's not a big deal, it just says that Fury has kept good relationships with the Skrulls during all those years.
It could also set up Talos becoming evil (which won't happen, since it betrays his character, which was one of the best parts of Captain Marvel) or another Skrull betraying Talos and taking advantage of Fury's trust. Either way, a Secret Invasion multi-movie arc sounds like a possibility.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder why they made JJJ bald? Just to give him a separate and distinct look for the MCU?

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
It could also set up Talos becoming evil (which won't happen, since it betrays his character, which was one of the best parts of Captain Marvel) or another Skrull betraying Talos and taking advantage of Fury's trust. Either way, a Secret Invasion multi-movie arc sounds like a possibility.
I really hope Talos doesn't become a badguy. Honestly though, right now in my opinion - i bet they are setting up the rise of Osborn and the Dark Avengers

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I can see Talos becoming a villain, although not necessarily an evil one but, if it's not Talos, then maybe his daughter? Just reveal her name is Veranke and you're set.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
This could honestly lead to a much darker third film - considering Peter's life is pretty much ruined now as all of his friends and family know he's Spider-Man and know that he's a murderer plus his face is going to be plastered all over the news plus there's several mafia gangs as well as villains out for his head. So the best thing Peter can hope for is being arrested by the government to keep May safe and him being arrested and sent to Juvenile Hall. That's likely not going to happen so he will likely go on the run.

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
This could honestly lead to a much darker third film - considering Peter's life is pretty much ruined now as all of his friends and family know he's Spider-Man and know that he's a murderer plus his face is going to be plastered all over the news plus there's several mafia gangs as well as villains out for his head. So the best thing Peter can hope for is being arrested by the government to keep May safe and him being arrested and sent to Juvenile Hall. That's likely not going to happen so he will likely go on the run.
So what you're telling me is....

Spider-Man: Home Run ?

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
While that's a shame. It was funny when they did in the Insomniac game.

I'm okay with it. This is just a cameo and it minimises the potential for unwanted legacy material. This incarnation of Peter has had a baptism of fire since his head-on collision with Cosmic Marvel. And he's probably not going to be a newspaper photographer, this is the twenty-first century where anybody can be an amateur photojournalist.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm okay with it. This is just a cameo and it minimises the potential for unwanted legacy material. This incarnation of Peter has had a baptism of fire since his head-on collision with Cosmic Marvel. And he's probably not going to be a newspaper photographer, this is the twenty-first century where anybody can be an amateur photojournalist.
Funny you should mention photojournalism. I'm going to tell you about my idea for a third Spidey film. (which i guess now he's going to be unmasked, can't happen 😞)

The first film was about Pete in HS. Then the this second is about his gap year trip to Europe.

(Yes i'm aware of this being the basic core premise of the Spidered-man. I'm just telling you how i'd do it in the MCU. Gimme a break, era)

So i thought my (third) film would be about him starting to find his way in the world, as a young adult living in New York.

So he MJ have recently moved in together, and Manhattan, being fucking expensive as all fuck (well, so i hear. I've never been, but if it's anything like London then 😱) So what does he do (you guessed it) decides to take some pics of himself to make a make money (as i'd have him not wanting to take any major amounts of money from anyone, because he wants to stand on his own feet) And gets hired by JJ (blah blah blah) and starts practising to get better at photography, while doing so, finds out he has a real passion for it, so decides to take up photojournalism as his "mundane" lifelong career.

Now, here's where my two ideas would go. (there both variations of the same thing)

The first one. There would be no big bad (in conventional sense) the main antagonist would be JJ (because let's face it, he's always been Spidey's true nemesis 😆) so the whole film would be him doing his standard shtick of trying to balance his work\life balance. Because i think you could have a fun and satisfying film, where Pete is just being the good ol friendly neighbourhood Spider-man. Without having your standard super villain.

Now the second version. Would have that basic stuff that i outlined. But this one would introduce Norman Osborn. Pete's first big journalism story would taking Norman down, having him stripped of his company, and becoming the Green Goblin (though that wouldn't be in the main film, but in a post credit bullshit) the main film would act his the GG's origin story.

One of things i like about it is (even though i would prefer to not have a big bad, but it's kinda different here) You'd have two Nemeses in the film. Peter's would be Norman, and Spidey's would be JJ. (which i think could be fun)

So would i think how he would take down Norman would be. While he's out and about, Pete would find a thread that would implicate someone very important, who was from profiteering from the snap. And as he would find out during his investigation, every other major MCU disaster (this would be the main plot of the film) And of course he would also use his Spidey powers to help with his investigation, too. (which is how you'd also have Norman swearing a vendetta against our web slinger as well)

The film would end with Norman being completely exposed before the world, and all his political connections abandoning him. Though i don't know if he'd go to jail (but given what he's done, it would be hard to justify how he gets away with it, in universe) And then in the mid credits, him donning the gobbie mask.

I have a third version, but it wouldn't work as a film, and would have to be a mini series, or one season show.
But won't bore you with that. (if i hadn't already, lol)
----------------------
I'm sorry i hit you with the wall of text, you mentioned photojournalism. So had to get it off my chest.
---------------------
Please don't make fun of me too much, era. This is just something i had rattling around in my head, that i came up with while i do my daily walks. I know not very imaginative.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Just got back from seeing it and yeah, this movie was super fucking rad. Those post credit scenes were amazing. I'm so glad I went in blind on those. Also, thinking back to how Fury and Hill act in the movie, makes way more sense. Especially when Peter brings up Captain Marvel. I'm super shocked Beck died though. It seemed pretty legit too, not some fake out. Also, them bringing back some old characters and seeing old scenes in a new way is fucking awesome. I love that they can do that in this universe.

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
Also, thinking back to how Fury and Hill act in the movie, makes way more sense. Especially when Peter brings up Captain Marvel.
The Captain Marvel reaction was the first thing I thought of too once the reveal Fury and Hill were Skrulls. I was also wondering how Fury fell for this bullshit. Turns out it wasn't Fury!

Jiraiza

Oct 25, 2017
Fun movie, just watched it. The Mysterio fight scenes were damn insane. The Spider "Peter Tingle" sense was in full-blown use this time around and it was dope.

Refrain

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
Just saw it. Easily the best spider man movie so far. Mid credit scene is awesome. I didn't understand the after credit though.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
So the JJJ spoiler I read last week was legit?

Duck, that would have been a nice surprise. Ah well.

Refrain

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
Can someone explain the after credit scene for me? Where is Fury and what is he doing?

cvxfreak

DINO CRISIS SUX
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Saw the movie this morning in Tokyo. The plot was really weird but presented in an enjoyable manner nonetheless. The post-credit scenes were well done! It was always going to be a challenge establishing a sense of normalcy after Endgame, but this did it quite nicely.

Does Captain America being in the montage at the beginning confirm he died of old age?

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Few more random thoughts before bed...

- For sure thought there was gonna be some needless drama between Peter and Ned after MJ found out Peter was Spider-Man. When they were in the hotel room when Peter was changing into his black suit and Ned walks in on them, it seemed like he was jealous of MJ knowing. There was this weird beat in that scene (could have just been the editing).
- How did Mysterio's illusions produce all that water for Hydro-Man? I understand the physical damage of the drones shooting/crashing into things, but where did the water come from that clearly got people wet and used physical force?
- The scene where Peter nabs all the goons and dunks on the cops in the trailer wasn't in the movie. I'm guessing that was just before he arrives at the charity thing for May.
- The scene where the kids get their passports was also missing from the final cut.
- Feels like JB Smooth's character was totally pointless. There must be more to his story which was cut out.
- The moment when Flash gets back to the States and they spend a beat on him being picked up by his driver and not his parents. Really felt like that was there for a reason, but there was no pay off. Again, there may have been more stuff with him trying to call his parents or family drama which was cut from the movie. Could be setting something up for the future movies.
- 100% thought they were gonna show off Avengers Tower during the slinging scene at the end with it saying OSCORP on it.
- I'm glad they touched a little on how people "blip'd" out and back in, but I wanted more of it. The world would've been craaaaaazy to come back to at that point.
- This movie takes place in 2023 and with the next few Marvel movies being set in the past or out in space, it's kind of a nice way to leave our real time line and show other things while waiting for us to catch up to the movie-verse year. Spider-Man 3 can essentially pick up right where this one ends and it'd still be in our future (assuming a 2021 release). They have an easy out for keeping the kids in highschool for another 2 movies. Peter does state he is only 16 in this movie.

ThorHammerstein

Revenger
Nov 19, 2017
Does Captain America being in the montage at the beginning confirm he died of old age?
I doubt it. It just was a memorial to those that the world believes they've lost (or whom the remaining Avengers let them believe).

I genuinely loved this flick! Especially all the hyper quick illusions Mysterio was kicking at Spidey after "Fury" picked him up in Berlin. Amazing visuals and action. :D
And that was some reality stone level craziness. Plus the end of that whole scene really was shocking.

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
Saw the movie this morning in Tokyo. The plot was really weird but presented in an enjoyable manner nonetheless. The post-credit scenes were well done! It was always going to be a challenge establishing a sense of normalcy after Endgame, but this did it quite nicely.

I think people just assume if they haven't seen or heard from the Avenger since the 2nd Thanos fight then they are dead.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Just finished my screening. It really was the best Spiderman movie. It had less stakes as the first post iw film but was great all over as a result.

I thought Jake jyllenhall(sp) acting was perfectly hammy until his real reveal. Really dig them showing off what Spiderman can actually do as well.

The actual mysteryo parts were done amazingly too.

The spider man PS4 callouts too ! Most of all happy it was kept to one villain.

I thought the post credits was secret war at first but then it was goofy ass Talos again lol. They did mention kree secret soldiers though in the movie so maybe were getting a flipped version?!

Buddy1103

Jan 8, 2019
i remember reading a ''spoiler'' a while back that said peters identity gets revealed to the whole world. is that true?