• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
I am absolutely ready for this. can't wait for a big screen Mysterio. FINALLY!

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Sounds like this movie is going to affect the discourse... will I have to change my keyboard shortcut?

1e0c50c0-a927-48e6-8k2j8p.jpeg

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if there's an actual big twist or if it's just a twist that's big because of spoiler culture

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
If this is better than Spider-man 2 then DAMN! I don't think i've been this hyped for a non-Avengers movie since GotG Vol. 1.

Deleted member 38573

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 17, 2018
How many times has somebody claimed that a new Spidey flick is better than Spiderman 2, give it a rest lads

OP
OP
Yasuke

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If this surpasses Homecoming as the best live-action Spidey and Spider-Verse as the best Spidey movie period....whew.

It is true that early social media impressions are usually quite forgiving. The only thing these threads can tell you is that the movie isn't crap.

Early social media impressions from members of the press are fine and typically in line with how these movies actually review.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Huh. Sounds like I'll have to watch this afterall.

(didn't like Homecoming outside of the Vulture reveal...thought it was pretty bland overall)

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Grain of salt aside, seems like Marvel hasn't slowed down post Endgame.

Hope they keep the train going. Excited to see this.

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
I'm guessing we rebooted the thread because the other one was infested by anti-MCU trolls and Sam Raimi debates?

I appreciate it. This movie wasn't super high on my hype list despite my appreciation for Tom Holland and the character. The reactions are getting me super excited though, the promise "shocking twists" and the fact that the reasons why everyone is so excited about what they saw all "qualify as spoilers" has my mind racing.

I can't even imagine what they do.

GAMEPROFF

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I really hope this movie is a more serious attempt at the character and has Spider–Man not telling jokes all the time.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
It stinks when I have little interest in a film itself but I want to know answers to questions.

Biggest being whether this multiverse nonsense is an actual thing or just a ruse by our villain.

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
It stinks when I have little interest in a film itself but I want to know answers to questions.

Biggest being whether this multiverse nonsense is an actual thing or just a ruse by our villain.
Kind of the same. My interest in the film is gaining rapidly, but this is the only spoiler I want to know.

I want everything else to be a secret but I also want to temper my expectations because if the parallel earth plot is just a simple lie, I'll be super bummed.

kvetcha

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Raimis spider-man's were too drama dependent. Watch them again, they aged very poorly

Homecoming captures what comic spiderman always was, fun

I mean, that's why I adore Into the Spider-Verse.

Spider-Man 2 is a product of its time, yeah, but it's just really well-made and exhibits the director's touch in a way that the majority of Marvel movies do not.

Homecoming is very much an MCU product, so it feels much less distinctive on its own merits. It's still a lot of fun, though.