• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
I feel like it's too early for Aunt May to know that he's Spider-Man.
Cool. So we're getting Hydro Man and Mysterio as the villains this time?

Molten Man is in the trailer too:
screenshot2019-01-15a3dk5p.jpg

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
Given they had a twist with Vulture that absolutely no one saw coming, I'm sure there's some surprises in store beyond "Illusion master is doing illusions".

The fishbowl image looked like he had Dr. Strange like powers. Perhaps he has some training but wanted more than what they could offer.

Doggg

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 17, 2017
Looks to be a very interesting take on Mysterio. It's kind of surprising to see Jake Gyllenhaal in this role, for some reason. I didn't like the last film, so I'm not hyped for this one, either. Still, I'm curious to see what they do with Mysterio since he seems like such a goofy villain.

Mr. Fantastic

Alt-account
Banned
Apr 27, 2018
Venice is such a boring locale. Very played out in films and the buildings are very close to the ground.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
To be fair spiderman 3 is better then this looks.
At least spidy 3 had the continuation of the goblin plot and other cool things.

Far from home trailer just looks really generic, nothing really gets me hyped about it.

Mysterio is the best spidey villain no one talks about.

Completely over the top villain. Anything is possible with that dude. If you know him, you know he's using tech to fake those monster attacks.

A hundred thousand times better as an antagonist than Goblin again, or venom again, or joker again...

Doggg

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 17, 2017
I thought the villains were going to be Sandman and Hydroman at first, so Mysterio was kind of a nice surprise,.

Feb 10, 2018
Mysterio is the best spidey villain no one talks about.

Completely over the top villain. Anything is possible with that dude. If you know him, you know he's using tech to fake those monster attacks.

A hundred thousand times better as an antagonist than Goblin again, or venom again, or joker again...

Somone who don't know about mysterio is not going to know that.
The movie will probably be really good, but this trailer just does not get me excited.

shenden

Oct 27, 2017
Somehow I completely forgot about Jake Gyllenhall playing Mysterio in this one. Looks like a fun ride and the trailer was charming I felt.

Oct 26, 2017
To the surprise of no one, Sony didn't even try to be covert or creative with Peter.

Maybe they can lie to general audiences and say it's pre-IW.

Solid trailer. Stoked to see more of the webbed wing gliding.
Mysterio's outfit is perfect!

Last edited:

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
This trailer weirdly has me more excited about the prospects of the X-Men and Fantastic Four in the MCU (especially the First Family)
I don't know why
It just does

Tansut

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 16, 2017
Are we sure those baddies are Sandman and Hydroman?

I googled the Elementals and I got "Hydron, lord of the waters; Magnum, master of the earth;Hellfire, wielder of flame; and Zephyr, mistress of the winds."

Doggg

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 17, 2017
Out of my ass speculation: maybe Mysterio is kind of like the Vulture, except he's stolen Asgardian tech (Loki deception tech) instead of Chitauri? Of course, that may be taking the "cross between Iron Man and Thor" line too literally.

Also, the visual effects still look underwhelming, just like Homecoming.

Prompto

Oct 25, 2017
So Peter's classmates are probably going to figure out he's Spider-Man by the end of the movie right? They have to realize at some point it's too much of coincidence for Spider-Man to randomly be in Washington, London, and then Venice at the same they are.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
You guys are going to get Scooby-Doo'd hard.

"Ah it was light projectors and mist machines"

I prefer South Parks "flashlight and some cotton swabs"! And by artifact i mean not something that gives him magic but something that allows him to manipulate the minds of others, making them see what he wants. ^^

Cronen

Oct 27, 2017
Are we sure those baddies are Sandman and Hydroman?

I googled the Elementals and I got "Hydron, lord of the waters; Magnum, master of the earth;Hellfire, wielder of flame; and Zephyr, mistress of the winds."

Official premise is:

Peter Parker goes on a school trip to Europe with his friends. While on the tour, he meets Nick Fury and then teams up with Mysterio to battle the Elementals.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Not feeling the new wing suit, but looks pretty fun otherwise. Gyllenhaal is the best so that alone makes it a must watch.