• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Maddness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Had an idea, but it probably falls flat as Sony probably owns the rights to Miles also, but basically, Sony said Marvel could use Spidey for 5 films. So they did. Now on this last one they're making the Multiverse. MCU Spidey could go through the Multiverse and be "trapped" at the end and wind up basically in Sony's Spidey Universe timeline with Jared Leto Morbius and Tom Hardy Venom and be able to "explain" it film wise while Marvel could use this opportunity to present Miles from another Multiverse and make him the new full-time Spidey in the MCU.

Oct 25, 2017
Now I need to know why Yellowjacket and wasp are the only ones who could stop Godzilla. lol
Forty cents and the answer could be yours!

Okay I'm gonna find out.
The answer is that they shrink down, go inside Godzilla's ears, and harass his vestibular system to make him so dizzy that he falls backward into the ocean.
The issue literally ends with Godzilla just standing right back up not giving the slightest shit and the avengers are like "well we're fucked I guess."
Next issue a little japanese boy asks godzilla to stop nicely and godzilla decides to chill out and leave.

Why would he be lying about this? What frame of reference does Spider-Man have to care what universe he's from?

"You see Peter, back when I told you that you are from Earth 616...I was lying. You're actually from Earth 743! Muhahahahaha!"

My theory on that:
I think our dude here has somehow learned just enough about the real multiverse to make conversation and put on a good show for people that don't know he's full of shit and even he might not totally understand what he is saying

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Spider-Verse did the same thing.
Yeah, but almost no one watched Spider-Verse, so few care :'v
Plus it's Sony, so I don't think the designation number counts.

What's our Earth number?
Earth-1218
But it will always be Earth-TRN565 in my heart :')

MCU Spidey could go through the Multiverse and be "trapped" at the end and wind up basically in Sony's Spidey Universe timeline with Jared Leto Morbius and Tom Hardy Venom
Just like when Steve Gerber "rescued" the real Howard the Duck from the Marvel Comics Universe to the Image Comics' Savage Dragon U!

Anyway, poor Spidey :( Doomed in an Earth that will be rebooted in no time.

Since people seem confused about this, the marvel comics universe hasn't been 616 since Secret Wars. 616 is gone, comics earth is now the prime universe, numero uno.
I think they went back to referring to that place as Earth-616. Seis uno seis.
https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Earth-1218?action=edit

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas

As in it would have been pretty cool to continue my media blackout and not know that this film introduces specific multi-verse plot points.

There are thousands of ways this thread could have been titled to not give away plot points from the movie.

Oct 25, 2017
Since people seem confused about this, the marvel comics universe hasn't been 616 since Secret Wars. 616 is gone, comics earth is now the prime universe, numero uno.
That was clearly the intention immediately after Secret Wars, but then they very quickly returned to the 616 status quo and pretended that's what they meant the whole time. Prime Earth is 616 again.
Yes, it's confusing. I'm not too happy about it either but that's the way it be.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Today I learned Thor 2 had actually hinted at multiverse stuff already. Damn!
In a few years, we'll see videos posting:
"How Thor: The Dark World set up mutants"
red-ring-md.png
want62015-1geFLA1528568665.png

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Why is everyone taking what Mysterio says as 100% the truth, lying and deluding is his whole thing.

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
If it turns out he's lying about the entire thig then it would be such a waste of potential.

What I think is happening: Mysterio is telling the truth about coming from another dimension, but he's lying about being a hero. In his own dimension he was a crook and he's either trying to move his criminal activities to this Earth and/or is pretending to be a hero to get the public's adoration.

TyraZaurus

Nov 6, 2017
People forget there's a major story where Mysterio coming from an alternate dimension is a significant plot point

He can be a charlatan and an interdimensional traveller.

Oct 26, 2017
That's what I think this is. He's making shit up. 616 is some random number he came up with and it's a nod to viewers.

Yeah that makes sense.

For some reason, when I read people claim he's lying, I assumed they meant he's lying about which universe number Spider-Man is in instead of meaning he's lying about everything.

The moral of the story is, I'm a dipshit.

Foltzie

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Is this like the Infinity War trailer establishing that Thanos had the Power and Space stones when he entered Wakanda?

CocoaFusion

Oct 28, 2017
On the one hand, this has got to be building towards Secret Wars.

On the other, dialogue like that can only mean you're full of shit.

I'm genuinely conflicted whether I buy his story or not.
I mean, the part of dimensions splitting and such is probably correct since it's from SHIELD/Fury in the trailer, but I don't buy that HE is from there.

Miamiwesker

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
Lol when mysterio isn't saying shit like "level 4 symmetry" he is completely bullshitting. That's exactly what some guy who is making all this stuff up would say.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
Not only am I fine with MCU's prime Earth being 616, but I'm baffled that people think that the MCU needs to honor its "official" designation. The whole point of the MCU is to be a cinematic adaptation of the comics line. Why wouldn't the MCU have its own Earth-616, or its own Earth-833, or even its own Earth-1610? Why confuse general audiences with "Isn't it supposed to be 616?" just to appeal to die-hard continuity nerds? You don't see the Arrowverse shy away from Earth-One and Earth-Two just because they're not the actual comics.

Now, Mysterio could very well still be lying out his ass about everything, even the designation piece. I just wouldn't treat it like such a surefire tell.

Ukumio

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Australia
Not only am I fine with MCU's prime Earth being 616, but I'm baffled that people think that the MCU needs to honor its "official" designation. The whole point of the MCU is to be a cinematic adaptation of the comics line. Why wouldn't the MCU have its own Earth-616, or its own Earth-833, or even its own Earth-1610? Why confuse general audiences with "Isn't it supposed to be 616?" just to appeal to die-hard continuity nerds? You don't see the Arrowverse shy away from Earth-One and Earth-Two just because they're not the actual comics.

Now, Mysterio could very well still be lying out his ass about everything, even the designation piece. I just wouldn't treat it like such a surefire tell.
There's also the fact that each universe could have its own numbering system. I daresay that, logically, the universe numbers are based on how the universes are stacked (or something) but there could be a range and 833 can only see a certain number of stacks in a certain direction (832 I would assume in either direction). This means that each universe could, in theory, have its own numbering system that still makes sense when compared to another universe's numbering system.

Or something.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Would Nick Fury really work with some guy who wears a fucking fish bowl on his head if he didn't actually believe and have proof that these alternate dimensions exist.

It's time.....it's time to bring in my Fantastic Four from a world stuck in the 1960's

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
To what ends?

Obviously he's a criminal and dishonest, but what purpose does it serve his character to lie about what universe the MCU is set in?

The only way this makes sense is if he's not actually from another dimension and is just making up the entire thing and pulled 616 out of his ass.
He sure sounds like he's making up bullshit in that clip

"Level four symmetry"

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
Would Nick Fury really work with some guy who wears a fucking fish bowl on his head if he didn't actually believe and have proof that these alternate dimensions exist.

It's time.....it's time to bring in my Fantastic Four from a world stuck in the 1960's
1) wouldn't be the first time Fury got tricked
2) he worked with a guy who had the letter A on his fuckin forehead